PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones IV

TheOneHero
Jan 1, 2005, 09:28 PM
So we just got the Indiana Jones 4 disc set, meaning I had to go an watch the special features.

We all know there have been rumors about a fourth being made. So I was hopeful to hear it mentioned a few times during the special features.

According to IGN, we might have a summer 2006 release. My concerns are really: Any cheesy actors that don't know how to act will be placed in the movie?

Harrison Ford might not play Indiana?
Stupid fucks ruining the whole thing completely?

Right, discuss and share your comments on this whole thing.

ABDUR101
Jan 1, 2005, 09:41 PM
I grew up watching Indiana, I don't think it will be done any justice. Heh, it would be like trying to make a new Jaws aside from the classics that we already know. In Jaws' time at theatrical release, it was "in" and people loved it, but you could'nt bring out a new Jaws and have it attract the new and old, so you either please some of the old fans, or you try and attract new fans.

In that process, you don't please everyone, and since you want to make money off an already successful franchise, you want more people to like it, so you try and grab from both. What you get, is a movie full of "filler", pulled from it's "prime" to try and use the mere name of the original to garner hype.

I haven't seen the latest AvsP, but supposedly it was most upsetting to those who saw it. I hope it's not as bad as some have said, but I really just did'nt expect much anyway.

I guess what I'm saying is, without the original actors and cast and crew that worked on the originals, you lose the "charm" of the originals.

It'd be no different than trying to remake a movie based on a Clint Eastwood movie, without Clint Eastwood playing his part, without his co-stars that we remember, it's no where close to what we'd expect.

Not saying movie remakes aren't worth watching atleast once, but hell do you know how many times I've watched older movies compared to how often I've watched newer releases?

dude3282
Jan 1, 2005, 10:51 PM
From what I've read, Ford is definitely doing Jones. Outside of that, I don't know much, just that it's been in the works for a while. A good web site I found during my search was http://www.theraider.net, but I haven't been there in a while and I'm too lazy to go there now, but you can if you want.

Eihwaz
Jan 1, 2005, 10:51 PM
Yeah, we've had the Indiana Jones 4 Disk Set for a while now, and while we have watched Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom, I haven't looked at the 4th disk, with all the special thingies.

The only problem with Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones is that he's kinda old. >_> He might not want to make another, or he might not want to go through all the trouble of running around doing things. Of course, I'd much rather see him than some stupid young actor.

TheOneHero
Jan 1, 2005, 10:56 PM
On 2005-01-01 19:51, Eihwaz wrote:

The only problem with Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones is that he's kinda old. >_> He might not want to make another, or he might not want to go through all the trouble of running around doing things. Of course, I'd much rather see him than some stupid young actor.

I heard in an interview with Ford is when asked if he would ever do another Indiana Jones, his reply was, "In a New York minute." And yes, he is like 65 or something. >_>

And stupid young actor: Forgot her name but she plays Queen Amidalla in Star Wars. She is supposedely going to be in this movie. (from what I've heard)

Personally my feelings on her acting is teh uber shit. I really didn't like her performance in Star Wars what so ever. That's just my opinion, I haven't really seen any of her other works.

Eihwaz
Jan 1, 2005, 11:24 PM
Natalie Portman.

My dad didn't like her either, but I sort of thought her calm, cool, and nonchallant way of dealing with all that trouble in Episode 1 was pretty cool. Anyway, I really hope Harrison does it, it would be -awesome- to see him 0wning some bad guys and dealing with some mysterious old relic.

Would you guys rather have it take place like, right after The Last Crusade? Or a modern-day Indiana Jones?

Nidarrock
Jan 2, 2005, 12:09 AM
Honestly I would just rather see Indiana Jones stay the way they are. There is really no need for a 4th. There is way too much of a risk to screw things up thatn to create any type of "real closure" to the series, it's just been too damn long since Crusade. That said, I have heard that IF there is a 4th they would try to craft the story/character around Ford's age, thus an older Indy.

ABDUR101
Jan 2, 2005, 12:30 AM
The Last Crusade is a great close to the series I thought.

*spoilers*

Indy and his father never spent alot of time together growing up, they both love adventuring and discovery. At the end, they both drink from the Holy Grail and get to make up for lost time, as well as continue an extended life of doing what they love doing.

How the hell isn't that a great close to the Indiana Jones series?

Eihwaz
Jan 2, 2005, 01:50 AM
Actually, one thing, Abdur. If I recall correctly, the immortality given after drinking water from the Holy Grail only works if you stay behind that seal. So, Indy could be immortal - but he would have to stay in that cave for all eternity. </anal>

But yeah, I'd rather not not have a 4th movie, becuase it would be tragic if they fucked up the whole series. x_x

EDIT: Oh, my brain is retarded. You said extended life, not immortality. But I don't remember anything about the stuff -extending- your life, but that it would heal injuries and allow for immortality behind the seal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2005-01-01 22:51 ]</font>

Madzozs
Jan 2, 2005, 02:09 AM
See, I would love to have a 4th movie, but I would like to have something along the Young Indy adventures. The series was awesome, and the part where they have River Phoenix playing Young Indy in the one movie was cool. If they were to make a 4th one at the end of the series, it would get screwed up. No questions asked.

TheOneHero
Jan 2, 2005, 01:17 PM
Modern Indy = Instant screw up.

And Wazzy, the grail had to stay behind the seal. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Eihwaz
Jan 2, 2005, 02:57 PM
On 2005-01-01 23:09, Madzozs wrote:
See, I would love to have a 4th movie, but I would like to have something along the Young Indy adventures. The series was awesome, and the part where they have River Phoenix playing Young Indy in the one movie was cool. If they were to make a 4th one at the end of the series, it would get screwed up. No questions asked.

They already did. Sort of. A while back, they had a movie/television series which was all about a adolescent Indy. I remember only seeing one rather lame TV movie, but apparently there were quite a few of them. For more info, check here (http://www.innermind.com/youngindy/).

Oh, is that it, Toh? :3

TheOneHero
Jan 2, 2005, 03:16 PM
On 2005-01-02 11:57, Eihwaz wrote:

They already did. Sort of. A while back, they had a movie/television series which was all about a adolescent Indy. I remember only seeing one rather lame TV movie, but apparently there were quite a few of them. For more info, check here (http://www.innermind.com/youngindy/).

Yes, I'm pretty sure.

And like I have friends that aren't aloud to watch Indiana Jones. So they watched the 'young' Indy. >_>;

Madzozs
Jan 2, 2005, 03:41 PM
On 2005-01-02 11:57, Eihwaz wrote:

The second sentence shows that I know of the original Young Indy adventures. That is why I want to see it.

Nisshoku
Jan 2, 2005, 03:56 PM
If this movie bombs, I'm hunting George Lucas down, and I'm going to shoot him in the face. -_-

Eihwaz
Jan 2, 2005, 04:10 PM
On 2005-01-02 12:56, -Nisshoku- wrote:
If this movie bombs, I'm hunting George Lucas down, and I'm going to shoot him in the face. -_-

Shoot him in the face with a VHS copy of the hypothetical shitty fourth movie. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

On 2005-01-02 12:41, Madzozs wrote:
The second sentence shows that I know of the original Young Indy adventures. That is why I want to see it.

I thought you were talking about the scene with young Indy in The Last Crusade. >_>; My mistake, sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2005-01-02 13:14 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Jan 2, 2005, 04:15 PM
On 2005-01-02 13:10, Eihwaz wrote:

I thought you were talking about the scene with young Indy in The Last Crusade. >_>; My mistake, sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2005-01-02 13:14 ]</font>

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

But for your other post: http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Niss, you could shoot him in the face from what he did to Star Wars DVD. -_-

Deathscythealpha
Jan 2, 2005, 04:28 PM
On 4th Indy Movie: Part of me thinks 'Yay, new Indy!', part of me thinks 'Oh god their going to screw this up big time'.

Going by modern standerds it will be chock full of over the top CGI, lame political correctness and loads of genre cliches. I love Indy, but i really dont think the 4th film is such a good move.

On Grail and Young Indy: If i remember rightly not only did the grail have to remain behind the seal, but the drinker of the grail had to remain too. Thats why the two Knight brothers died after venturing forth from the cave. So after they left, all Indy and his Dad had was a renewed health.

If i remember correctly there was 22 Young Indy episodes (newer versions of the Indy Movies on VHS are actually labeled as Parts 23,24 and 25). They werent two remarkable and the early episodes had me falling asleep watching them. However there was suposed to be an episode where they showed an older Indy with him missing one of his eyes and sporting a dashing eyepatch. I never saw this episode myself, which is a shame.

dude3282
Jan 2, 2005, 07:05 PM
On 2005-01-02 12:16, TheOneHero wrote:

And like I have friends that aren't allowed to watch Indiana Jones. So they watched the 'young' Indy. >_>;

That's communism.

While we're bashing Indy stuff, I thought that Temple of Doom was rather lame compared to the other two, definitely the low point of the trilogy. But if they can make number four at least that good, I'll be happy.

BTW, I think I remember a quote from Harrison Ford saying that if Lucas/Speilburg wanted someone else to do Indiana Jones, he would "tell him to go f--- himself."

TheOneHero
Jan 2, 2005, 07:13 PM
On 2005-01-02 16:05, dude3282 wrote:

BTW, I think I remember a quote from Harrison Ford saying that if Lucas/Speilburg wanted someone else to do Indiana Jones, he would "tell him to go f--- himself."

Now that's my Indy. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Eihwaz
Jan 2, 2005, 07:54 PM
Damn straight that's our Indy. =D

And Temple of Doom isn't so bad, but I do agree the other two are a lot cooler. I like The Last Crusade a lot, becuase Sean Connery is both fucking awesome and hilarious in it. Case in point: the scene with the seagulls and the umbrella.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Madzozs
Jan 3, 2005, 06:07 AM
Suddenly I remember my Charlamagne.

Squall179
Jan 4, 2005, 08:17 PM
"Let my armies be the rocks and the trees...and the birds in the sky." (I think thats how it goes)

TheOneHero
Jan 4, 2005, 11:10 PM
On 2005-01-04 17:17, Squall179 wrote:
"Let my armies be the rocks and the trees...and the birds in the sky." (I think thats how it goes)

Sure is, man that moment was classic. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Outrider
Jan 5, 2005, 05:38 PM
About a year or so ago, Harrison Ford was on James Lipton's Behind the Actors Studio (or whatever the show is called) on Bravo.

He plainly said that there was indeed going to be an Indiana Jones sequel.

So that pretty much summarizes what Ford thinks in regards to the sequel. As for him telling Lucas he wouldn't be interested, it's probably in reference to Star Wars, because apparently Ford just can't stand the franchise anymore.

I don't remember much of the Young Indy series, but I've heard they were actually decent.

Also, on Lucas, he fixed more than he ruined with the Star Wars DVDs, so I'd stop whining.

Erm... ok, I think that's everything.