PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Problem with PSOBB

Crescens2k
Jan 3, 2005, 01:00 PM
The problem I am having is that no matter what I try, I can't connect to the patch server, I always get the error 908.
I am sitting behind a software router, my home network server which is running kerio winroute firewall 6. I've opened all the ports that I have read necessary, even reading the help on the psobb website. However I always seem to get the 908 error. I've tested connected directly to the internet from the pc and it connects with no problems. I've also pinged the pso server from my pc and it works fine, I got this address from netstat.
The rules I'm currently using are:-
source - network, destination - internet, ports - 11000, 11001, 12000-12100(from the psobb website help) nat
source - internet, destination - firewallpc, ports 11000, 11001, 12000-12100 map to 192.168.0.2(the computer where the game is being played.)

Does anyone have any ideas what I've done wrong, and if its the routing software I'm using then any alternate suggestions would be appreciated.

Eanae
Jan 4, 2005, 08:09 AM
Well first off, this is what the tech support forums is for. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'm also pretty sure that Jon F was getting this same problem. I know he gots tons of errors from the game. Possibly he could shed some light on this for you.

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 4, 2005, 08:43 AM
Before we start, were you trying to connect between midnight and 4 am eastern time last night? That's when PSOBB maintenances happen weekly.

I guess you could try using Zone Alarm as I've had no problems with that as a fire wall. (just gotta hit "A" because the window doesn't always pop up to say what program is doin what)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-01-04 05:46 ]</font>

Crescens2k
Jan 4, 2005, 09:03 AM
Hmm, at around that time I was on PSO GC. I tried again a few minutes ago too with the same results.
I never knew that zonealarm acted as a router, I'm not using ICS at the moment on the internet connection. Thats why I'm using winroute firewall to take the place of ICS.
Oh, some things I forgot to mention. First of all my network setup is one windows server running active directory, so its on a domain. I've also successfully opened ports for several other applications, mainly p2p software but I also have things like a web server and some other stuff like that running behind the router.
As I mentioned, the server itself is the only one conected to the modem, and that is acting as a software router. I can't really change this setup because of the hardware involved.
If theres anything else you need to know just ask.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crescens2k on 2005-01-04 10:41 ]</font>

Crescens2k
Jan 5, 2005, 07:29 AM
Well, after a bit of messing around and reconfiguration I solved this problem. I connected the modem to the PC running PSOBB and that solved it, of course, using ICS on that computer stops all problems with loss of connectivity.

So now, where do the PSOW players usually hang out, or at least where are the hang outs for the English players. It would be nice to get together with some to play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Crescens2k on 2005-01-05 06:18 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Jan 5, 2005, 07:20 PM
Leo 3 is a popular hangout for PSOWers and English players in general. Depending on which Team you're on, you will also have another meeting place.