PDA

View Full Version : Because I can, damnit!

Dek
Jan 3, 2005, 04:58 PM
I really want to dedicate this to the public because I had no choice but to play an online game of PSO with them...

Currently, I am raising my RAcast, Ryo, so he can get into Ultimate. Seeing that my clan wasn't on, I decided to go onto a public ship (stupid me, I know, I know) and join a game. This is what I had to deal with...

"Why did you pick an RAcast?"
"Why did you give an android a human name?"
"Why do you use a Justy?"
"Why do you use a Nidra when you are long ranged?"

My answer? Because I can, damnit! (Actually, with the Justy part, I have no choice since I dont have enough ATA for a Frozen Shooter http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif )

If you have to really complain about something that stupid (some may call me a hipocryte right about now), then they truely have to grow up and see the world from another point of view.

Eihwaz
Jan 3, 2005, 07:12 PM
I tend to agree. As long as you're keeping up with everyone else (IE, pwning enemies quickly enough, not getting slaughtered, being efficient, etc), you should use whatever you'd like.

I can sorta understand them being a bit mad about you using the Justy, but you should just explain "I can't use my Frozen Shooter yet. Let's focus on leveling, so I can use the better weapon, okay?"

I hope I'm making sense. =/

Sayara
Jan 3, 2005, 07:23 PM
Honestly, i don't see why you should care about any of that. I have a Ramarl weilding a Justy (when her ATA > FS), with a 2 PB Mag and horrible stat boosts and will never max. Even if i were asked, i wouldn't care.

Don't let em get to you.

Outrider
Jan 3, 2005, 08:30 PM
That's one of the reasons I dislike people who take leveling and stats too far. It's just a game, people. The whole point of customization is to customize your character the way you want to, not to make it just like every other super-high character.

Scrub
Jan 3, 2005, 08:35 PM
What does give an android a human name mean?

Like, you named him Mark instead of Mark-B353?-_o;

Eihwaz
Jan 3, 2005, 10:00 PM
On 2005-01-03 17:35, GreyPhantasm wrote:
What does give an android a human name mean?

Like, you named him Mark instead of Mark-B353?-_o;

Precisely. >_>;

Dek
Jan 3, 2005, 10:16 PM
I can sorta understand them being a bit mad about you using the Justy, but you should just explain "I can't use my Frozen Shooter yet. Let's focus on leveling, so I can use the better weapon, okay?"

Well, I used to say that many times to people, but they obviously won't listen and continue to bitch at me about this kind of worthless crap.

It just drives me insane to see someone else (or even me) just get called things like "noob" all because of crap like this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2005-01-03 19:17 ]</font>

PJ
Jan 4, 2005, 12:14 AM
I can be an effective melee FOmar, in Ultimate Online Ruins with the game magazine.

That's why I love this game http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jan 4, 2005, 12:38 AM
I remember once some person accused my HUnewearl of using a Red Sword(Claymore) thinking it was a Claymore when infact it was a Red Sword. I got completely lost on what he was complaining about untill he said "Oh it's Rico's Sword, I thought it was a regular one.".

I guess I can't complain since I've never faced any scrutiny for what equipment I was using. I never faced any scrutiny for not even attacking with my FOmar in games. I'd just cast S/D/J/Z Resta and Anti and leave it at that. If nothing was J/Zed and nobody needed any techs I would stand there.

Eihwaz
Jan 4, 2005, 02:25 AM
On 2005-01-03 21:38, ForceOfBrokenGlass wrote:
I remember once some person accused my HUnewearl of using a Red Sword(Claymore) thinking it was a Claymore when infact it was a Red Sword. I got completely lost on what he was complaining about untill he said "Oh it's Rico's Sword, I thought it was a regular one.".

I guess I can't complain since I've never faced any scrutiny for what equipment I was using. I never faced any scrutiny for not even attacking with my FOmar in games. I'd just cast S/D/J/Z Resta and Anti and leave it at that. If nothing was J/Zed and nobody needed any techs I would stand there.

Eh, if you have no life (like me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ), you can tell that it's a Red Sword becuase of the brighter, pinkish red, and the fact the metal part of the sword is so damn huge. :3