PDA

View Full Version : "Sigh. I'm bored"

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 4, 2005, 02:33 AM
This a work/attention whore/lazy worker/newbie worker rant, ahem, again. Not aimed at Outrider's title or anyone else. On we go!

Great you let out a long sigh, fold your arms and tell the whole world you're bored. Wrong person to tell it to for damn sure! What exactly do you want?

I'm currently working, hmm lets see, at WORK. You are standing there and distracting me. You're getting in everyone's way. "Oh but there's nothing to do." I calmly tell that there is plenty to do. (Do you not see me working non stop, even though it is slow?) I also say: "If you are THAT bored we can find you something to do if you would like."

I've only worked a handful of times with this new worker. This new worker has gotten on my last nerve within a day. Lucky me. Being the 'workhorse/grunt worker' and having to be distracted by the 'new/idiot worker'.

Geez you're on the clock, paid by the hour(minute-second, etc. however you want to look at it). You better maximize your work time and limit your distractions of your co-workers. Don't bring us down to your level. You're the odd one out being new. You should be quiet and learn the job as quickly as possible.

There's a million and one things to do in the world at any one time! I hate those damn idiots who choose the worst thing to do EVER. They tell you to your face they're bored, as if the world revolves around their needs, as if I'm some circus clown to them to entertain and VOILA!, instantly remove bored symptoms.

WTF people.
One of my co-workers said it best I guess:
"Hey man what's your problem!, (counts fingers) You don't like men(jokingly), you don't like women, you don't like eating, etc." Yep. I like working. Let me work. I would explain to him but his English is limited so I just joke around when he's there. Make it seem I'm a little bit 'human' to him.
Edit:Spelled 'idiot' wrong. Ironic no? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2005-01-03 23:35 ]</font>

Sagasu
Jan 4, 2005, 10:14 PM
Lazyness is a really bad habit, though the sad thing is, most people who have the curse are unaware of it.

kevlar_pso
Jan 5, 2005, 09:48 PM
Being in charge at my work there is one thing that pretty much sums it up for any new hire that comes to work for me. They have 90 days to prove to me that they want this job. By following through w/whatever tasks I have them do, and showing me that they are beginnig to grasp the procedures we use. Otherwise they will be out of a job. I have had to let ppls go. I have zero tolerance for dead weight, because these ppls only bring every1 else down.

Link00seven
Jan 6, 2005, 12:38 PM
I'm only in High School, but I feel your pain.

I'm the Saxophone Section Leader, and let me tell you when we get a new student, he better not act like a lazy good for nothing idiot or I take him straight to the band director and let Andy deal with it, since I cant do punishment myself.

Same with the class president job, you do your part, or your reported, period. Slackers=not allowed.

Good to learn early, eh? lol.