PDA

View Full Version : Famitsu reviews "Super Mario Sunshine"

neko-chan
Jul 10, 2002, 05:45 PM
The famous Japanese magazine had the chance to review (in advance!!! O_o ) the new Mario title.

For anyone who cares the final score is 38 out of 40, making this game a "Platinum" title.

As you many know, Famitsu review system works in this way:
- four editors review the same game;
- each editor rate the game (from 1 to 10 points);
- each editor's points are added up.

I remember just one game that received a 40 out of 40... it was "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time".

OMAR
Jul 10, 2002, 05:50 PM
they could have given mario sunshine a -3 and i still would have bought it...anyway its nice to know that the game came out good....but nothing will surpass mario 64 to me that was marios peek...and once ur at the top you can only go down...but anyway my last week of august is cleared:)

Last_Saiyan
Jul 10, 2002, 07:06 PM
Mario 64 owned my whole first 3 months of college at toys' r us. I was there every single day because it was a free game hehehe, and I beated the whole damn thing before ever buying it. what memories

Greg
Jul 10, 2002, 07:42 PM
Famitsu lost all credibility with me when they rated HALO, Rally Sport Challange, and THPS1 7's and 6's. They seem to shun all non japaneese devlopers making them rather non-objective seeing how these games recieved world wide acclaim.

Cube
Jul 10, 2002, 07:52 PM
Greg which famitsu are you talking about? EVen I know Halo scored very well with famitsu... i think a 36/40 or something like that...

And then you have to consider the differenced between the Japanese and US cultures. They like different types of games (love sim, RPG, etc) than the average US gamer (sports, adventure, FPS).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cube on 2002-07-10 17:53 ]</font>

GhoStar
Jul 10, 2002, 08:20 PM
First of all, this supposed SMS review is fake. The reputable Japanese site, Quiter (http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url/body?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2u.biglobe.ne.jp%2F%7E nanko%2F&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2) (who actually get the mag before news-stands) is saying that the review will appear in next Wednesday's issue, and this 38/40 score that has been circulating (from Gamefront.de and Cube-Europe) is fake. It started on a Japanese BB and has spread rapidly.

I remember just one game that received a 40 out of 40... it was "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time".

Others include: Vagrant Story and Soul Calibur. All three got 40/40.

Oh, and Halo got 33/40 (9,7,8,9). FPS games have never been big in Japan, just like how mech games have never been big outside Japan.

Greg
Jul 11, 2002, 08:16 PM
Don't Argue with Beatneko! He knows everything, infact he was the only one to tell us that there is no skateboarding in MSG2 Substance even though every major magazine's E3 report said differently. But I am sure Fede knows more then the entire media/

TeamPhalanx
Jul 11, 2002, 08:18 PM
I think Vagrant Story also got a perfect score from Famitsu...