PDA

View Full Version : Usefull hints

Flashlight
Jan 6, 2005, 07:01 AM
Okay I made this topic to see if any1 know usefull hints or things that others might not know...

Okay well I got 1 thing that soem of you might not know but some of you will...(atleast I found out lately by accident)

When youre playing MP offline you can't see the status off the weapons you find or armor and mags...well I found out by accident that when you press X you can see the status of it...

Its new for me and I hope new for others too or else this is just an hopeless hint...

Well sent here your hints for the game...

Hrith
Jan 6, 2005, 07:16 AM
heh, well I've played a lot of multi, so I knew it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

this also works in single player when browsing via the shortcut window (R+Y by default).

Sitka
Jan 6, 2005, 09:25 AM
Useful hint of the day.

Playing Respective Tomorrow, ran through temple and got into a battle with the shrimp. Normally, I take on the bad boy with a zalure-shot or a zalure needle, but I forgot to bring them and realized I was in battle with just a snow queen and a zalure rifle.

This is going to be a long battle, I thought. First shot with the snow queen ripped the shrimp for multiple high level damage. HOLY SHIT! Particularly when you are at the back of the moving raft and the shrimp is hitting you with his yellow laser (which does no damage if you stand just slightly to the left of center-back), the snow queen just rocks the shrimps world.

I think I probably played PSO for 2500+ hours before I discovered this by accident.

Hope that helps someone.

Flashlight
Jan 7, 2005, 07:58 AM
wel lnot me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I aint got a snow queen...and never seen a Shrimp http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Bladehunter
Jan 7, 2005, 09:05 AM
By shrimp I'm sure he means Barba Ray, The boos in VR Temple.

Sitka
Jan 7, 2005, 02:48 PM
Shrimp in Ep. 1 is De Rol Le and Barba Ray in Ep. II.

I ain't never seen any boos.

Bladehunter
Jan 8, 2005, 05:21 PM
Of course I mean Boss. I wrote that in the middle of the night.

kazuma56
Jan 9, 2005, 04:16 PM
If you did or did not know, using a Frozen Shooter's special on Airborn bosses gives it a higher chance of hitting them rather than using a regular weapon.

Tact
Jan 9, 2005, 08:38 PM
On 2005-01-09 13:16, kazuma56 wrote:
If you did or did not know, using a Frozen Shooter's special on Airborn bosses gives it a higher chance of hitting them rather than using a regular weapon.

Photon Launcher class weapons also hit flying enemies as well (like Barta, in weapon form). It really helps when you're trying to swat the Dragon from the air.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tactician7777 on 2005-01-09 17:39 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 9, 2005, 11:47 PM
If you time your attack right, you can hit De rol le on its head, and then when it jumps over you and you make your second attack in the combo, your character will turn around to make the shot rather than firing at nothing. Its just a minor but interesting thing because you normally can't turn around like that under your own power. Its either this, or you're confused.

Sharkyland
Jan 10, 2005, 12:17 AM
You know I've been dying to try to kill De Rol when he jumps from one side to another with a photon blast. I know I've killed him while he's on the ceiling.

Just fell from the ceiling then sank into the water... and did his death sequence.

Skorpius
Jan 10, 2005, 12:27 AM
Play for Looks, not stats.

Best possible hint right there. It saves you the minor details of weapons and armors.

Tycho
Jan 10, 2005, 07:39 AM
On 2005-01-09 21:27, Skorpius wrote:
Play for Looks, not stats.

Best possible hint right there. It saves you the minor details of weapons and armors.

Ya, indeed.
And use guides and google for everything. >_>;

Ryu_4
Jan 12, 2005, 07:58 PM
well it looks like the person who made this topic must be very new to the game so i will post a lot of things i know...

1. When you were talking about de rol le or whatever if your using your force you can use gifoie when hes jumping on the ceiling like 3 times and when he comes by every part will be hit
2. Stand in the corners when he is jumping on the ceiling to avoid rocks most of the time.
3. When attacking through your combo against most foes it is best to time your attacks so the creature does not hit you in mid combo (make sure you wait until it gets hit back and starts coming back at you to swing before you continue your combo...kinda hard to explain but ok)
4. On delsabers it is much easier to hit them if you start your attack combo before it gets to you and continue attacking it
5. Sometimes its a good idea to walk up to a monster and let it swing at you but as it swings walk backward and it will miss giving you a good opportunity to start a combo
6. ***When using a photon blast unless your sure that you will kill everything around you...DO NOT use it when surrounded...they will just get the effect of getting hit and then all hit you at the same time after they recover...can be slightly painful.
7. Try and get your mag to learn the photon blast Mylla & Youlla (commonly referred to as Twins) they are probably the best PB in the game for most characters (not including forces http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )
8. Try out mechs at higher lvls even though at low lvls they seem really weak. At higher lvls they can dish out damage more then your best 10-12 star weapons...Quite humurous
9. Always have at least one of these types of weapons in your inventory for needs of large or smaller enemy groups (hunters mainly) Partisan/Sword Handgun/Mechgun/Rifle(few weapons have rifle range that hunters can use but can be helpful if you can acquire them) and probably some type of Twin weapon (a good twin that is easily acquired is Demolition Comet yellowboze, bluefull, and Redria Mil lilies in caves get it very easily 1/2)
10. The most important tip
Never give up when your playing pso...the more you play it the better you get the funner it is http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

kazuma56
Jan 15, 2005, 04:00 PM
If you ever find a Ruby bullet, you can use it do break through a delsabers block.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-01-15 13:02 ]</font>