PDA

View Full Version : PSO for X-Box

Cub
Jan 10, 2005, 11:47 AM
Ok, I want to get PSO for my X-Box. The only problem is that you are required to have X-Box Live in order to play. My questions are:
1) Do you have to have an active Live account, or can you just install live or whatever and not set up an account so I can play PSO
2) Can PSO be played offline on X-Box
3) Is the rumor that all you have to do is plug in a headset and you can play PSO true?

Thanks. I really hope I can get all this figured out so I can play on X-Box, although I do own it for GameCube.

eustace
Jan 10, 2005, 11:56 AM
Although I would question why you'd rather play on the X than the GameCube http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif,

1) yes, needs to be active - and you have to pay for a HL too
2) yes
3) yes (I'm assuming you mean for voice chat?)

Cub
Jan 10, 2005, 11:58 AM
Thanks. That really sucks. Guess I won't be playing PSO on the X-Box. I'll stick to my GC version.

Jebusism
Jan 10, 2005, 07:50 PM
No, the Xbox live account does not have to be actve, you just need to be able to have an Xbox live account(if you don't already have one.) Basicly if you don't sign up with a 2 month free thing (assuming you have a game that would be able to play on xbox live, if not, pm me I have an access code you may use) Sign up then call up microsoft and cancel it, play pso offline all you want, just know once your live accouunt is canceled, you will not be able to bring those characters online again. Ever. =S
Sorry if this has confused you, I feel sick and well I may not be making sence.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jebusism on 2005-01-10 16:51 ]</font>

anwserman
Jan 11, 2005, 04:39 PM
Egad. People, don't post shit if you have no idea what you're talking about. eustace, that was directed towards you.

To play PSO-X, you need an X-Box Live Gamertag on your hard-drive. Thats all. It isn't that big of a friggin' deal, and you don't even have to be an active, paying, subscribing X-Box Live! user, you JUST NEED ACCESS TO A GAMERTAG. That is all, plain and simple.

Yes, you can play PSO-X offline. But, the character data is saved according to Gamertag. 12 characters per gamertag, with up to 4 gamertags associated with PSO-X. So, you can play PSO offline, but you need to have or have access to a gamertag.

No. You have to go through and set up the Gamertag with PSOX. It isn't that hard of a deal. And two, you don't even need the headset to play PSO-X. So, that rumor is false.

digigram
Jan 12, 2005, 04:11 PM
exactly right... grab a title that gives a free 2 month subscription... order it, get it set up so you can play PSO.. unplug the ethernet cable..... and you can play for however long you want... then unsubscribe from Xboxlive.

KveerRaven
Jan 12, 2005, 05:06 PM
Hmmm, this has me thinking that I can save some money by just getting it for the XBox. Although, once I get my GameCube, so long PSO-X

One other thing, what exactly is a gamertag. This kinda has me confused although I think I have an idea as to what it is...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KveerRaven on 2005-01-12 14:07 ]</font>

anwserman
Jan 12, 2005, 06:24 PM
A gamertag is essentially your account with X-Box Live!. However, with PSO-X, it registers your character data with your gamertag onto your hard-drive, so you must have one at one point or another.

But what is said is true, you can register for a gamertag with a 2-month trial, associate PSO-X with the gamertag and cancel your subscription.

Jaochim
Jan 22, 2005, 04:46 AM
yeah, grab a 2-month free trial thingy or just copy a friend's xbox live data to a memory card(if you have one), and yes, you can do that. I was scared shitless that it sais "Xbox Live required to play" on the cover! But all you need is a gametag. That's it. Now here I am playing PSO happily offline...

Oh! By the way, refering to someone's comment up there, I'm not completely sure if you will never be able to use those characters online, ever. Because I think you can move your characters onto another memory card and then, if you ever make a serious gametag that you plan to use on Xbox live, just transfer them there.
I think that should work, but I've never tried, just notice the option and checked it out a little...