PDA

View Full Version : Deep sigh

Superguppie
Jan 12, 2005, 04:13 AM
Ok, it took me a while to get back to PSOW. Now that I am here I see reports of more misery coming our way, and (at last) some instigators of evil banding together to guard a bit against the shit they have caused. (side-note: There is supposedly a way to protect from FSOD. But that will only work for someone who has the tools. So, I bet it will be a matter of time before the abusing assholes get it too, and they just continue their abuse of people that keep themselves far from even the tools.)
There's even a post that claims people are paying hackers to find codes to annoy!
And in one of the posts in this forum I saw there are people working on hacking Blue Burst too.
During my absence, me and some friends have had a visit on our almost empty, supposedly safe, backwater EU ship of some code-using assholes. This has caused us to not stay in the lobby and play in locked games only. Bye bye to meeting new friends.

This leaves me at a loss of words to express the impossibility to understand WHY people (apparently) want these hacks so badly. What is so much fun about annoying others?
I can have some sympathy for the hacker that finds a code that makes the game jump a burning hoop or something, just to have the knowledge and a good laugh. But not for deliberately looking for a code to aggrevate others.
And for the assholes that have no idea how to make a code, and use the ones from others just to ruin someone elses fun: If I weren't a pacifist, I would wish that you would get out of on the street after reading this, and get yourself hit by a truck or something.

This may look like a rant, and thus be misplaced. So, let me finish with a serious request for an answer.
Any hacker or asshole, (or more in general, anyone that likes annoying me) please tell me "WHAT IS SO GOOD ABOUT RUINING A GAME FOR PEOPLE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW?" (The caps are deliberate, so even the caps-noob ARer should have no trouble reading it. Could someone translate it into 1337 so even the people that can't read normal English anymore can understand?)
Please, no flames, no spam, just an honest answer to lighten my depressing inability to even get a glimpse of understanding for your misbehavior.

Dhylec
Jan 12, 2005, 10:42 AM
it's a sad ugly face of idiocy that turns a once-enjoyable game into a pit of fsod-fun
those unconsiderate negative AR users will drive most players away, so what left is themselves
they'll get bored & leave eventually, thus ending pso for gc & xbox..
but just to try to do the same old craps on the next platform..
yeah, sad but true!

KveerRaven
Jan 12, 2005, 03:08 PM
It truly is a sad thing to see that the only way some people can have fun playing games these days, is by CHEATING!

I mean, c'mon, what happened to a good challenge? I can honestly say that the only way I feel like I've acomplished something or have fun playing any game is by good and honest hard work.

It's too bad that this piece of "Common Knowlede" philosophy has yet to register in those Hacker minds. Just a shame....

RedSchwar
Jan 12, 2005, 09:09 PM
The stupidest people in the world are those who come equipped with no knowledge of self-evident truths.

Tycho
Jan 16, 2005, 08:09 AM
There's even a post that claims people are paying hackers to find codes to annoy!

Ya, true. Sadly.

On 2005-01-12 01:13, Superguppie wrote:

This leaves me at a loss of words to express the impossibility to understand WHY people (apparently) want these hacks so badly. What is so much fun about annoying others?

"WHAT IS SO GOOD ABOUT RUINING A GAME FOR PEOPLE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW?"

Heh.. I wondered this myself a few times, but just asked some of them. One of them only really spammed Vega, because he loathed / looked down upon the people there.
I believe Marky's ('SONICTEAM' if you want) reason was 'to be able to see peoples' reactions', and laugh at them when they were to whine about it.

At least with the latter I can't sympathize, but.. yeah, I hope this could answer your question a bit. Even though this does not have to mean you'll be able to get their reasoning, because I can't really, either.

NGE was easier, ne? ~_~

hucasts_rock
Jan 16, 2005, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I'm sick of this crap, too. It's probably best to find an empty ship with some friends and stay there until this version of PSO ends. I still love to play and especially with friends...Although I do sometimes argue those who FSOD quite a bit. I deposit all my stuff before going there, and I lose nothing from the result of an FSOD.

I keep returning to argue with them, too. Hey, if they're giving me and everyone else such a hard time, I might as well stand up and give them a hard time about it, too. Also, don't you think it's cowardly for someone to freeze you, because you're arguing with them?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucasts_rock on 2005-01-16 06:29 ]</font>

SpyroDi
Jan 17, 2005, 12:11 AM
Hacking/cheating to annoy is boring. Definitely boring,I've taken that route before on Diablo II,but I stopped. Having all power over everyone else gets tedious fast. Now I just use hacks/cheats for fun and to discover new things.

Superguppie
Jan 17, 2005, 05:19 AM
Hm, nice to see I'm not alone in my impossibility of understanding these weirdos. Some comments to the responses:
- It is not the cheating that I have a problem with. Although I have little sympathy for it, (give me a good challenge anytime to waste my spare time) at an abstract level I can understand the why. The thing I don't get is being a pain to others for no apparent gain. (I can understand PK on DC, as it is a way to get someones neat stuff. On GC the only thing it would do is be annoying. No idea what the use of it would be)
- I don't nag people I loathe/pitty. I leave them. I still fail to understand what is fun about being annoying, whether that be to people to be pittied, or people to be hated. Anyone that does not contribute to my fun in the game I leave. I only others would do the same. It's the ones that don't that I would like to answer the question.
- I can imagine curiosity about peoples responses to mishaps. However, anyone genuinely interested in that could try studying psychology. And I doubt the notorious assholes of PSO have this for a motivation. Once they have seen the responses for a week, that should be enough. Instead we have years of them. Some even developed the notorious predicate. I doubt that is to just have me write pissed off mails to Sega, that they can't even see.
- Finding an empty ship/block isn't gonna do the trick, although I used to think it did work for a while. If anyone is looking for me, don't bother if you don't have my card: The backwater block where me and my friends have been happily playing (barely ever more than 4 players in 1 team, and only for about 2 hours a day) for over a year is now infested with a serial FSODer and his merry band of drooling idiots.
- Arguing with them? Like that is possible if they continuously throw me out. I too don't lose much to it. But it still is a stressful situation and the annoyance is great, especialy since we have had to stop playing in open teams.
- I have no idea if annyoing is boring, as I have never tried it. At least SpyroDi is a little bit the person I wanted to respond: He has tried it, although not on PSO. So, it is about power. That is one I hadn't come up with. Mainly because I don't see power as something that interesting. For some reason I am more of the 'wise ruler' than the 'powerhungry president'. And apparently, to some it doesn't get boring that fast. This crap has been going on for years.

For about 2 months we have been playing in locked teams after being annoyed in a team several times. The last week we even fear going through the lobby because of the free roaming assholes. I met most of the friends I have on PSO by playing in open teams. That will be no more, and all newbies (few, I know, but they ARE there) are at the mercy of the assholes, as the nice people are all out of reach behind their passwords. I am coming frighteningly close to geting me the knowledge and equipement to hack PSO and make my own server (from scratch if need be) just to get rid of the annoyance.

I guess I, and the other posters here, are simply too intelligent to be able to get into the mind of a moronic asshole...