PDA

View Full Version : The Incredibles

Anubis_
Jan 12, 2005, 12:15 PM
I know this is kinda late..

But I just saw this movie, and I really thought it was great...

Maybe its just the fact I like action titles. And Animation. But with all things considered, Even without the Action Sequences and Great Animation, The Movie still delievers a set of interesting Charecters, and a well written plot.

Id give it a..
9.5 out of 10..

The Good: Cool action Scenes, Nice Plot, Racy Feel..

The Bad: No sign of a Sequal, not enough parts with Samuel L Jackson..

I'll bet the Animators really had fun: Making Elastigirls butt bigger and bigger...

Outrider
Jan 12, 2005, 02:05 PM
I also enjoyed it. It was a fun film.

Dhylec
Jan 12, 2005, 02:38 PM
this is 1 movie i don't mind watching again
it's a superhuman world, but very typical & relatable
i think that's the charm =]

navci
Jan 12, 2005, 04:56 PM
It was a load of fun. I didn't know what to expect, but it was a very plesant suprise. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eihwaz
Jan 12, 2005, 06:37 PM
I need to see this movie sometime, I suppose. But I have a big list of movies I need to see. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban being at or near the top of that list. >_>

Dgo
Jan 13, 2005, 03:08 PM
i saw potter good moive get the DVD(or rent) and the i liked elasta girls butt looked good on her....anyway i have saw the moive twice already and if i have any friends or family who hasn't seen it i would gladly go and see it with them. Hell i may go see it to day if i can ever pull my self away from RE4.(in other words it ain't gonna happen)

Daikarin
Jan 13, 2005, 04:23 PM
One of my favorites of this year too. It had all the good elements for an animation movie. Action, Humour, Romance, a slight drama and soundtracks/voices that fit straight.

I found it hilarious when I found out Edna Mode's voice was a guy's, and on top of that, the director's.

navci
Jan 15, 2005, 04:23 AM
On 2005-01-13 13:23, Even_Jin wrote:

I found it hilarious when I found out Edna Mode's voice was a guy's, and on top of that, the director's.

That's what makes it great, I guess? And it fits so well, too!

Deathscythealpha
Jan 15, 2005, 09:39 AM
Yes, The Incredibles was a great film, mostly because it could be enjoyed by everyone. My whole flat went to see it on the day of release and no one had a bad thing to say about it.

I was surprised at a couple of things that got into the film though; Guns, blood and a corpse. I would never have thought Disney would allow any of those things in one of their movies, but they were there.

I also found some of the Fantatsic Four references funny.

BOC
Jan 15, 2005, 10:42 AM
i went to see it the weekend it was released on a saturday nite, the entire audience where over 16 and the whole place was laughing from beginning to end.

the next day i went to see it again in the afternoon, when it was only kids, and the only people laughing where me and 3 of my buddies. i dont think most the kids got the humour.

great film, not enough of samuel l. jackson! ("dammit woman the greater goods at stake!" "I'm your wife i'm the greatest good that'll ever happen to you!")

i still liked shrek 2 better though, cause. well. it had puss in boots!! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

and on that note, i can't wait for robots to come out!

PEACE!!!

RavenTW
Jan 15, 2005, 11:53 PM
Hehe, Frozone. Yeah, Incredibles was great, and I think the fact that there was some non-children elements made it that way. I'm sure Jak Jak's alternate form would give some kids nightmares.

And City of Heroes players can learn from this movie too. NO CAPES! (despite Edna's water fountain being a superhero's cape)

Django
Jan 16, 2005, 12:19 AM
Did any other graphic nazis notice that the anti-aliasing was particularly bad compared to other Pixar movies?