PDA

View Full Version : Movies Theatres.

Shammed
Jan 14, 2005, 11:46 PM
...fucking suck anymore these days.

Let's recap, last movies seen:

Darkness
Shitty movie accompanied by a shitty audience, but we won't focus on the crap factor of recent movies right now, just the theatre experience itself.
-Loving mother decides to bring infant baby to see a scary movie, how thoughtful. It was a real treat hearing baby screams, yelps, and noises punctuating the movie at random. (We knew shit was gonna go down when we saw the lady pushing her stroller into the theatre we were about to enter.)
-Typical swarm of pre-pubescents who have diarrhea of the mouth.
-The volume was screwed up in the theatre, and was very low. Crazy low volume + baby present + people talking + overall BAD movie despite all of these factors = omfg.
--Refund-demanding time.

The Grudge
-This time I was treated to a rarer form of the typical swarm of pre-pubescents who have diarrhea of the mouth, they were like a super version. A group of about fifteen or so kids, anywhere from age 13-17(?) came wandering in the theatre after it started. They thought it would be funny to yell out things at the screen like "this movie is gay!" or "get your hand out my pocket!", etc. Finally after about 15 minutes of dealing with them, I guess someone must've complained because in walks an usher with his trusty flashlight to question the kids. Of course none of them had tickets, so they had to get the hell out. Needless to say, it felt really good joining in with a bunch of other people in a clap as they all loudly walked out.

Every time I go to the movies, something like this happens. I think it's me; I'm really starting to believe I attract assholes.

Moral of the story: utilize the on-campus high speed p2p service and download movies in less than 15 minutes from the comfort of your dorm, or DVD it up at Wal-Mart/Best Buy. (Latter preferred, bootlegs suck.)

KodiaX987
Jan 15, 2005, 12:30 AM
That, or go to matinees. Nobody around to annoy you.

I watched The Matrix Reloaded with a record of only 6 fellows in the movie theatre room, two weeks after it went out. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Allos
Jan 15, 2005, 05:49 PM
Similar experience happened to me last night. Me and two of the guys went to see White Noise (my thoughts on this piece of crap later).

We should've gone to the showing a few hours earlier. By the time we got there, the theater was packed with 12 year old girls and middle school punks that, as you say, can't control what they say. The film didn't help either. The "scares" were all cheap and the end makes no sense whatsoever. My friend and I timed a "something jumps out at you moment" perfectly.

Two groups of kids then got in a shouting argument, along the lines of "You shut up! No you shut up!" which resulted in my friend yelling at both groups to shut up or they'd have one of two choices: 1.Call security 2.An ass beating. They all stopped after that.

Needless to say a rowdy group in front got kicked out by the cops anyway.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 15, 2005, 08:22 PM
Shit movies attract Shit crowds. I've never had a bad experience in a Movie theatre, save the time I went to see 'Monsters Inc' and some stupid kid cried through a good 20 minutes of it. Still, you kinda have to deal with the shit until one of the higher ups is notified (you can do it too, as someone else had done in your case) to fix the situation.

Besides, both of those movies sucked so now you have even more reason to say it sucked.

Shammed
Jan 16, 2005, 12:17 AM
Shit movies attract Shit crowds.

Holy shit, you might be onto something.

*visualizes the movies he saw during past bad theatre experiences*

Saw... Darkness... The Grudge... Catwoman...

I don't think a comment is necessary on any of the above. It's probably just a confirmation bias I'm thinking of, though.

hollowtip
Jan 16, 2005, 01:13 AM
I think it's extremely irresponsible for parents to bring babies/infants into theatres. They cry at random, and rarely do the parents leave to try and difuse the situation.

They let the kid cry and cry, annoying everyone else around them.

There are those parents that do go out and try to stifle the noise by bringing them outside, but it's rare.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 18, 2005, 02:57 AM
Well. The movie theather here in my town is terrible on Fridays. Large groups of people come to the shopping center only to cause trouble. They don't go to watch any movies. They might open an exit door to allow more of their friends to run into the theater right in the middle of a movie.

Fights, stabbings, shootings, and muggings happen all the time.

...but that doesn't seem to deter any of these teenager kids from going to the theaters to stay out 'til about midnight wearing $400 worth of outfits and jewelry.

They also loiter like hell and seemingly are waiting to be robbed or something. Stupid kids.

Rainbowlemon
Jan 18, 2005, 10:02 AM
On 2005-01-14 20:46, Shammed wrote:
Moral of the story:Avoid kids at all costs ^_^;

^_^;

Last time I went to the movies was for RotK, which was awesome. My view - If the film is amazing, loads of people will be seeing it, generally meaning the normal people have a larger majority. If the film is unknown to most, it will be empty, so, no problem. If however, its one of them in-betweeny, teen flicks, then stay well clear -_-

Outrider
Jan 18, 2005, 03:19 PM
I actually have two little cousins who are quiet to a tee in movies, so uh... more power to them.

I don't tend to have trouble with little kids making noise, cause I usually go to late showings, but it's the annoying teenagers that won't shut up that get on my nerves.

derBauer
Jan 18, 2005, 03:28 PM
On 2005-01-15 21:17, Shammed wrote:

That explains my experience in Fahrenheit 9/11!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

navci
Jan 18, 2005, 05:27 PM
I think it is pointless to bring Babies into movies.
What are you hoping to accomplish? The baby can't enjoy the movie, the loud noises scare them, and people hate you when you they start to cry.

Come on.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 18, 2005, 08:53 PM
On 2005-01-18 12:28, derBauer wrote:

On 2005-01-15 21:17, SpikeOtacon wrote:

That explains my experience in Fahrenheit 9/11!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Shameless correction here people, move along.

Eihwaz
Jan 18, 2005, 09:57 PM
On 2005-01-18 14:27, navinator wrote:
I think it is pointless to bring Babies into movies.
What are you hoping to accomplish? The baby can't enjoy the movie, the loud noises scare them, and people hate you when you they start to cry.

Come on.

Well, I'd like to think it's less of a matter of "Oh, let's take Baby Joseph to see American Toenail Clipper Massacre", it's more of a matter of "Oh, hell, I'm supposed to go out with my husband, and I don't have a babysitter..."

InfinityXXX
Jan 22, 2005, 01:15 PM
I rarely go to the movies, the last time i went was to see a movie called Shark Tales and I was about to get into it with a little 5 year old who kept......STARING one of my pet peeves. Then she started crying. I remember when i was lil my mom took me to see the first CHukie and i ran out the theater when they first showed Chukie.

dude3282
Jan 22, 2005, 08:24 PM
My problem is that I can't watch movies at my house. As soon as I pop in a DVD, one of my little brothers walks in and starts asking stupid questions, or the neighbors knock on our door so they can play my gamecube while yelling and bouncing around the house, or the telemarketers attack in droves, or something like that. I can't get into a movie at my own house. And until very recently, I was too poor to go see movies at the theatre. So it really pissed me off that I never got to sit down and watch a movie uninterrupted. Still does, actually.

Oh, and don't even TRY to play a video game without attracting a few little brothers and half of the neighborhood (aka brothers' friends), all making noise and invading the privacy of your room. Usually asking stupid questions about the game you're playing. Sometimes just talking with each other about retarded little-kid stuff. Always talking way too loud, and always they travel in herds of four kids or more. Rather obnoxious, to say the least.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dude3282 on 2005-01-22 17:26 ]</font>

SpikeOtacon
Jan 22, 2005, 09:56 PM
On 2005-01-22 17:24, dude3282 wrote:
My problem is that I can't watch movies at my house. As soon as I pop in a DVD, one of my little brothers walks in and starts asking stupid questions, or the neighbors knock on our door so they can play my gamecube while yelling and bouncing around the house, or the telemarketers attack in droves, or something like that. I can't get into a movie at my own house. And until very recently, I was too poor to go see movies at the theatre. So it really pissed me off that I never got to sit down and watch a movie uninterrupted. Still does, actually.

Oh, and don't even TRY to play a video game without attracting a few little brothers and half of the neighborhood (aka brothers' friends), all making noise and invading the privacy of your room. Usually asking stupid questions about the game you're playing. Sometimes just talking with each other about retarded little-kid stuff. Always talking way too loud, and always they travel in herds of four kids or more. Rather obnoxious, to say the least.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dude3282 on 2005-01-22 17:26 ]</font>

Play any Silent Hill game in front of the Kids and make them pay attention. It'll teach them to not come in.

Orange_Coconut
Jan 22, 2005, 10:01 PM
Movie theatres, to me, are useless. There are some movies that are nice seeing on the big screen, but most of the movies I watch are ones that I like to talk about with my friends while it's rolling.

Mainly because I watch horror movies, cheesy and good ones. But I find it more fun to have someone over, or go somewhere else to watch those kinds of movies with friends.

It's not all I watch, but it's one hell of a good time.

Aurra
Jan 23, 2005, 05:10 PM
I love to kick douchebag middle school kiddies out of the theater I work at! There's this one group of really stupidass kids that comes in almost every weekend, and we always get to kick them out.

We don't get flashlights for ushing, though. Just a radio and a set of keys that I usually lose track of.

Allos
Jan 23, 2005, 08:05 PM
On 2005-01-22 18:56, SpikeOtacon wrote:

Play any Silent Hill game in front of the Kids and make them pay attention. It'll teach them to not come in.

But a few of them just get confused and then ask more questions.

Wyndham
Jan 24, 2005, 05:41 PM
On 2005-01-23 17:05, Allos wrote:

On 2005-01-22 18:56, SpikeOtacon wrote:

But a few of them just get confused and then ask more questions.

"WHY DID YOU LET THE ****ING CAT OUT AGAIN, DUMBASS!!!"
yeah, I asked.

KodiaX987
Jan 24, 2005, 06:43 PM
I sure hope as hell that you guys know what a doorlock is, right?

Wyndham
Jan 24, 2005, 06:51 PM
On 2005-01-24 15:43, KodiaX987 wrote:
I sure hope as hell that you guys know what a doorlock is, right?

my doorknob was confiscated.

KodiaX987
Jan 24, 2005, 08:59 PM
Man, you people suck.