PDA

View Full Version : Ethernet Card Working, New Problem

PJ
Jan 15, 2005, 12:21 AM
EDIT: Now that the card works, it's giving me the same problems as if I were plugging it into the Modem Adaptor. wtf?

Although I checked the Self-Healing thing, and it DOES note 3 Adaptors, the Rogers one and 2 Private Ones. I'm assuming one is the Gamecube, and one is the ethernet card.

Do I need to have a DHCP name thing? All I know is according to my Rogers, it's disabled, and it the warning says something about not being able to reach a DHCP host... help?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-01-17 16:25 ]</font>

Rainbowlemon
Jan 16, 2005, 08:33 AM
Go to your control panal, then system settings, then to device manager. If the card is correctly in the pc but not installed properly, there sould be an exclamation next to it in the list. It'll probably be named something like 'Unknown device". select its properties, and select 'reinstall drivers' or something to that effect. Put in the cd, and search for any file that windows would like relating to the hardware.

If that doesn't work, do a full search through the cd for any sort of readme files that you might be able to use.

If you can't find anything of the sort, do a search for your card on google, along with the words 'troubleshooting' or 'problems', and hope that someone else has had the same problem and has resolved it =)

VioletSkye
Jan 16, 2005, 12:20 PM
Right-click MY COMPUTER.
Select PROPERTIES.
Select HARDWARE TAB.
Select DEVICE MANAGER.
Look for UNKNOWN DEVICE (Maybe be listed under NETWORK ADAPTERS.)
Right-click on deive and select UPDATE DRIVER...
When HARDWARE WIZARD pops up, select INSTALL FROM A LIST OR SPECIFIC LOCATION (ADVANCED.)
Select SEARCH FOR THE BEST DRIVER IN THESE LOCATIONS. make sure to have a check in SEARCH REMOVABLE MEDIA (FLOPPY, CD-ROM...)
Click NEXT and follow the rest of the prompts.

That should load the drivers for you.

If it is not listed:
Go to CONTROL PANEL.
Double-click ADD HARDWARE.
Click NEXT and let Windows do a search for any recently added hardware that it doesn't show as installed.
When it asks if the hardware is already connected to the computer choose: YES, I HAVE ALREADY CONNECTED THE HARDWARE.
Click NEXT.
If you don't see the card listed, go to the bottom and select ADD A NEW HARDWARE DEVICE.
Click NEXT.
Then choose to INSTALL THE HARDWARE THAT I MANUALLY INSTALL FROM A LIST (ADVANCED.)
Click NEXT.
Let windows do a search and then click NEXT.
Select NETWORK ADAPTERS from the list and click NEXT.
Then instead of going through the list, click HAVE DISK..
Then browse for the disk location (I believe A: drive will be the default, so you may just be able to leave it as is.)
Follow the rest if the prompts to install the drivers from the diskette.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-01-16 12:36 ]</font>

PJ
Jan 16, 2005, 10:04 PM
EDIT: Why can't I delete my psots anymore? o_O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-01-17 17:52 ]</font>

Ryna
Jan 19, 2005, 11:05 AM
I would probably be able to help if I understood what you were trying to accomplish. Could you describe your networking setup and what you are trying to do?

PJ
Jan 19, 2005, 04:31 PM
wtf now both my straight and crossover cables are giving me the same message, "Check to ensure you have the right cable." >__<

Ryna
Jan 23, 2005, 12:20 PM
On 2005-01-19 13:31, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
wtf now both my straight and crossover cables are giving me the same message, "Check to ensure you have the right cable." >__<

Again, could you please state what you are trying to accomplish here? I could probably help out if you said what you were trying to do....