PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be a Football player!

Aunt_Betty
Jan 17, 2005, 05:11 PM
...says three fourths of the boys in my class. They are ignorant and never to make it. Now, I wouldn't rant about them if they something that used their brain if that dream didn't become the reality. However, chances are that that will not happen. Not only are they ignorant, but also stupid.

During the geography bee, it was one (name of the jock here)'s turn.

Teacher: If you wanted to take a ride on a bullet train and stay in a fantastic Tokyo hotel, where would you travel?

Him: China?

No, really, he said China. Soon it was another jock's turn.

Teahcer: If you wanted to vist a country with fine food and famous for olive oil, where would you travel?

Jock: ....um......

And what is even better, he is Italian.

Teacher: 15 seconds are up. Who would like to answer?

I raise my hand and say,"Italy"

Ignorance. That's what this rant really is about. A high school I would like to is the rival (in football, of course) of the school I would like to go to. Instead most of them say, "Screw (high school), Uni is better!" And they say that just because the school I want to go to is an all-boys school. So they say that if you go to that school, you are automaticly homosexual. What is funny is that he shouted that "gay" men are lesbiens (sp?). Now that was funny. He didn't even know the difference between them.

...They claim me as their "friend." NO I'M NOT YOU STUPID JOCK. WHAT THE HELL MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL? When it comes to gaming, their philosphy is: [quote] Kareoke/Dance Dance Revolution is "gay", and Halo is better." I am not tryign to be fan-boy here or anything, but I have tried Halo One and Two. I didn't like any of them. I love Kareoke Revolution. Does that make me gay?

Oh well, they are going to be in gangs, get their girlfriends knocked-up at 15, and be homeless as I pass them on the side of the street and refuse to give them money to him, his wife, and 6 kids.

Daikarin
Jan 17, 2005, 05:18 PM
Take this rant as an incentive to finish high-school.

Eihwaz
Jan 17, 2005, 05:20 PM
No, it doesn't make you gay. Of course it doesn't. Video games don't show your sexuality, anyone with a brain should know that. >_>

You have different tastes in game. You like to sing and dance. That's cool. They think that their opinion IS TEH LAW!!11, and that anyone who doesn't follow it is inferior.

I feel for your being surrounded by stupid assholes. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

EDIT: Even_Jin. Agreed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2005-01-17 14:21 ]</font>

Allos
Jan 17, 2005, 06:08 PM
Most of them here feel the same way. They all think they'll make it in the professional sports world. Of course it's the same with the kids that "are going to become famous with their band". At one point, yes, it was my dream too. Then I thought about my chances of actually getting signed to a label and having enough people like the music to be profitable. Then you have to make sure that you invest your money well unless you plan on releasing albums until you reach retirement.

It's almost as if they don't think about the future. These same kids fail in their classes, but it's all right, school doesn't matter. They're good enough to get an NFL contract right out of high school. I guess my point here is that they should think about having a back up career choice and considering the challenges in their way.

KodiaX987
Jan 17, 2005, 07:28 PM
They wanna be football players?!

Tackle them until they die. Problem solved, and you also proved that you could be a better footballer than all of 'em.

Solstis
Jan 17, 2005, 10:44 PM
On 2005-01-17 14:20, Eihwaz wrote:
No, it doesn't make you gay. Of course it doesn't. Video games don't show your sexuality, anyone with a brain should know that. >_>

Actually it does. My study conducted on one person proves it without a doubt.

Anyway, you should crush them all with your mighty... mightyness (sleepy... coherence... sleepy).

I agree with Jin.

SLON
Jan 18, 2005, 08:01 AM
Surely the whole point of going to school is to learn stuff that you don't know!!

KodiaX987
Jan 18, 2005, 09:35 AM
On 2005-01-18 05:01, SLON wrote:
Surely the whole point of going to school is to learn stuff that you don't know!!

n00b.

The point of elementary school is to get you out of your parents' way when they go to work.

The point of high school is to teach you all sorts of different subjects because you're still too fucking immature to really decide on your job, so they keep you busy in the meantime.

The point of college is to discourage you from your dream job by making you learn shit theoretical stuff and classes you will absolutely never use in your life.

The point of university is to overload you with homework and projects to test your stress level before letting you out on your first real job.

hollowtip
Jan 18, 2005, 01:13 PM
On 2005-01-17 15:08, Allos wrote:
Most of them here feel the same way. They all think they'll make it in the professional sports world. Of course it's the same with the kids that "are going to become famous with their band". At one point, yes, it was my dream too. Then I thought about my chances of actually getting signed to a label and having enough people like the music to be profitable. Then you have to make sure that you invest your money well unless you plan on releasing albums until you reach retirement.

It's almost as if they don't think about the future. These same kids fail in their classes, but it's all right, school doesn't matter. They're good enough to get an NFL contract right out of high school. I guess my point here is that they should think about having a back up career choice and considering the challenges in their way.

Agreed, but I think many people and society as a whole take the wrong approach by discouraging people from trying to reach out for their dream. Sure chances are you're not going to make it to the MLB, NBA, or NFL, but that's just based on sheer statistics. I firmly believe if you work hard enough in whatever you pursue, you can attain it. It may take longer to attain then someone else, but dedication and consistancy will ultimately conquer mastery of whatever passion you may have if you just stick with it.

Trust me, most of these athletes know in the back of their minds that they will never play a professional sport, unless they dedicate their whole lives to the cause, and most aren't willing to do that. Those willing not to put the time and effort in, and know what it takes to make it to that next level (as far as work ethic) will.

Youth in this day and age get distracted by the glitz and glamour side of fame, but don't actually look at what actually is necessary to reach the elite level of professional sports.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2005-01-18 10:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2005-01-18 10:19 ]</font>

derBauer
Jan 18, 2005, 03:21 PM
On 2005-01-18 06:35, KodiaX987 wrote:

The point of elementary school is to get you out of your parents' way when they go to work.

Last time I checked they taught you how to read, write, and do mathematics in elementary. Sounds like you got screwed.
Can you think of something better someone 6 years old should do while their parents work?

Didn't think so.

derBauer
Jan 18, 2005, 03:25 PM
On 2005-01-18 10:13, hollowtip wrote:

Agreed, but I think many people and society as a whole take the wrong approach by discouraging people from trying to reach out for their dream. Sure chances are you're not going to make it to the MLB, NBA, or NFL, but that's just based on sheer statistics. I firmly believe if you work hard enough in whatever you pursue, you can attain it.

The problem is that people don't do anything besides focus on "their dream". They should be getting straight A's in middle and high school while participating fully in their dream.
They don't, in many cases come out of high school achieving at about an 8th grade level, and still not even good enough at their sport to play at the college level.

Hrith
Jan 18, 2005, 04:22 PM
Take off every edit !

And you seem to have missed Kodia's point, heh.

hollowtip
Jan 19, 2005, 12:12 AM
On 2005-01-18 12:25, derBauer wrote:

Agreed, but I think many people and society as a whole take the wrong approach by discouraging people from trying to reach out for their dream. Sure chances are you're not going to make it to the MLB, NBA, or NFL, but that's just based on sheer statistics. I firmly believe if you work hard enough in whatever you pursue, you can attain it.

The problem is that people don't do anything besides focus on "their dream". They should be getting straight A's in middle and high school while participating fully in their dream.
They don't, in many cases come out of high school achieving at about an 8th grade level, and still not even good enough at their sport to play at the college level.

This idea was why I was in agreement with my last post. I just wanted to express an idea that many people have towards professional sports with society as a whole, where people with aspirations are being stifled when it really isn't necessary.

Ness
Jan 19, 2005, 01:39 PM
On 2005-01-18 12:21, derBauer wrote:

On 2005-01-18 06:35, KodiaX987 wrote:

Last time I checked they taught you how to read, write, and do mathematics in elementary. Sounds like you got screwed.
Can you think of something better someone 6 years old should do while their parents work?

Didn't think so.

What do you think child labor was made for?

Also, you missed the point of Kodia's post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2005-01-19 10:40 ]</font>

Allos
Jan 19, 2005, 07:53 PM

I firmly believe if you work hard enough in whatever you pursue, you can attain it.

As I believe as well. But it requires just that, work, and I don't think many of them realize this.

InfinityXXX
Jan 22, 2005, 06:44 PM
O, I was actually thinking of playing football next year, only to show that us straight A students can be just as tough as they are. At our school you can't have more than one D to participate in a sport. Also the jocks at our school(including all sport palyers not just f-ball people) are mostly down to earth, ok smart type people we also have 2 girls on our football team. But there our some jocks/jockettes that our dumb but they usually get kicked off the team.