PDA

View Full Version : Heh... android HU solo Tower...

Mixfortune
Jan 18, 2005, 01:51 AM
First of all, I know this is a bad idea, so don't post only saying that. I'm well aware of it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I wouldn't even consider this if it wasn't offline, mostly because it seems quite a lot easier to solo offline, but considering the class...for Towers, I was wondering if there were any Hucast/Hucaseal rifle range weapons, or rather, weapons that go past handgun range that they could use. It's not really for myself, as I don't play androids much (nothing against them, I just usually don't play them), but moreso for one of my brothers, whose primary character is a Hucaseal.

I know others can make use of rifle range weapons (for non rangers, non androids, Holy Ray comes to mind).

For Hucaseals and Hucasts, nothing really came to mind that they could use for ranged attacking, but then he mentioned Drill Launcher, which he had tested out a long time ago to see how it looked, etc. He mentioned rifle range, but I checked the item in the database itself, and the description denotes short ranged attacks only.

Perhaps he meant something else (either of the Easter Egg weapons or not), but nothing else really comes to mind.

It's not really that big of a deal though, since he doesn't play as much anymore, and even if he did, I don't think any long ranged weapon will be of much help... but it seems safer for him than trying a rush/freeze trap approach... but that's the only thing I can think of momentarily.

ATP isn't really an issue. Primary concern for the moment is basically the range.

Also... Ancient Saber special or other wave attacks wouldn't reach, right?

He'd probably need some sort of J/Z capabilities by means of an S-Rank, I assume, as well, for Ill Gills and Epsilon, especially.

Skorpius
Jan 18, 2005, 03:17 AM
Drill Launcher sucks. Mech Range, and crap ATA.

Handgun with Zelure.
Mechs with Gush.

You're all set. ;p

EDIT: Bad semi-colon, bad!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-01-18 00:18 ]</font>

Tycho
Jan 18, 2005, 06:56 AM
According to the guides the only weapon with real range she can wear is Bringer's Rifle. Which she.. can't wear. -_-

Hrith
Jan 18, 2005, 07:02 AM
On 2005-01-18 00:17, Skorpius wrote:
Drill Launcher sucks. Mech Range, and crap ATA.
I think you meant ATP, because Drill Launcher has good ATA.

But yeah, it has bad range and ATP.

I agree on Zalure Handgun (you will deal 50ish damage to Epsilon with HUcast, 0 with HUcaseal without it) ; but not on Gush mechs.
If you meant Gush Vulcan, the special is divided by 3, as you know, making filling a HUcast HP gauge next to impossible (granted HUcast is Lv 150+).
If you meant Gush S-Rank Mechgun, I doubt even a max ATA HUcaseal can use that effectively, since my RAcast with S-Parts v2.01 couldn't.

Gi Gue, Meri-, Gibbles, Del Lily, Delbiter and Epsilon do not have such high EVP, but Ill Gill does.

Remember that Gi Gue does 900 fixed damage, if your HP is below that, come back later.
If your HP is below 1600, boost your EFR to resist Epsilon's Rafoie (although Espilon is easy on his own, anyway).

I don't suggest using Gush weapons, use mates, pipe back to refill when/if needed. You can pipe in ET and WT >_>

Make monsters spawn one at a time when possible. Hug the left wall to hinder them. ABUSE TRAPS. Confused Ill Gills will go rampant on anything that moves, very useful.

RadiantLegend
Jan 18, 2005, 11:54 AM
My advice...

Take your time, get a hangun with hit, learn to dodge like a mofo.

^_^ Goodluck hunting....

Sitka
Jan 18, 2005, 12:00 PM
Asia Skyly used to solo Towers with a Hucast pretty regularly. I believe he used to use a Red Handgun as his ranged weapon. Zalure handguns seems to be the most talked about weapon of choice with my mates.

The only character I've been able to solo the towers with effectively has been my Racast. Once you figure out the spawn points and strategies, it's pretty easy.

I'll be trying the Fonewm out next, but a Hucast would be a great challenge.

Skorpius
Jan 18, 2005, 03:41 PM
S-rank Mechs with Gush.

Drill Launcher has +50 ATA, decent in the Hangun area, shitty in the Rifle area. But, minor detail, the weapon is garbage anyway. ;p

Mixfortune
Jan 18, 2005, 10:02 PM
Well, it was said that Drill Launcher has crappy range, which is what I was primarily asking about in the first place, not whether it was a good weapon. But at least that question is answered about the range being shitty.

So, seems like S-Ranks are the preferred after all...

Yeah, basically I was wondering about anything with good range, but since it seems handgun range is as far as it will get, that does answer what I was basically looking for.

Also, Kef, good point on the confuse traps. I should recommend that to my RAcast brother. Reminds me of confused Zoa http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

(Basically, I don't think he (Hucaseal brother) is that skilled in dodging attacks or anything of the sort needed to survive Towers at such a range. Thanks for replying)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-01-18 19:05 ]</font>

kazuma56
Jan 19, 2005, 08:36 PM
How about a Demon's raygun with at least 40+ hit? handguns are probably the most common weapon drops in areas and as long as you find a devil's Raygun with high hit, you can keep tekking until it eventually turns to Demon's.

My Bro's Humar uses a Demon's Raygun in towers while soloing and its special does come out sometimes, but for the most part of towers, stay at the farthest distance possible and use the side barriers to manipulate the Ill Gills.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 20, 2005, 08:10 PM
Hmm lots of Dark Resist, boost up evasion. Take Charge Vulcans with hit preferably, and either a good red handgun or even a Varista with hit. Learn where enemy spawn, set ice trap, shoot with handgun, switch to charge vulcans and kill enemy (after three button presses, you should have placed another ice trap so by the time the other baddies unfreeze they will be frozen again.)

Patience is the key thing, you run in, you will die.

Confuse traps work best on multiple enemies, while they are confused hit them with a good sword or partisan.

Good luck.