PDA

View Full Version : Skorp's Most Underrated Weapons

Skorpius
Jan 18, 2005, 03:54 AM
One night, I was htinking of the least talked items in PSO. I decided to compile a list of things that I rarely saw, or read about, and will write a short paragraph per item explaining why it's good and should be considered. I don;t have any specific number right now, and I would like to keep adding onto this as I think of them. As a starter, here are three, and if this gets good replies, I will continue with more. Enjoy:
__________________________________________________ ____

Twin Blaze
I'll start off the list with a neat toy. Dubbed "The Flaming Q-tip", this "magic cane" is actually one of the rarest items on this list, which is why I am starting off with it. Despite its slight MST boost, this Twin Saber is actually one of the more usefull Android weapons, next to S-red's Blades, and is very underestimated because of its 220 ATP range, you can discharge traps using its special Gifoie attack and easily tag enemies for EXP, which is something Android Hunters have a problem doing. Even though it is rare, Twin Blaze is fairly easy to use, only needing a required 3 ATP more than Demolition Comet (when compared to Meteor Cudgel that needs an additional 65 ATP). I believe that this weapon is far more usefull that people tend to think, and could even prove to be worthy on other characters using a Red or Gifoie Merge for fun.

Flowen's Sword AUW 3084
Another Hunter weapon. This was my favoorite sword for quite a while, until I obtained myself a better attribute Chain Sawd. This Sword is far overshadowed by the Chain Sawd, and even Zanba, but this little bugger is pretty damn strong when you look at its potential. Being a Yellowboze only drop my seem like it's rare, but ob lilies
love to drop this thing, and since it's Episode 2 on Yellowboze, that means we have a decent chance at Hit. Its high grind adds 170 to its 320 ATP
bringing it up to par with the Sawd (being only 30 ATP short). Now, not only that, but Spirit, although hindering it from effective Android use, makes this very wonderful on HUmars and HUnewearls, the two most common Hunters on PSO. This is something to give your HUmar before your Zanba, or to make your HUnewearl a very happy girl.

Gal Wind
Another rare-ish one, but still a favorite of mine when it comes to Melee FOing. Yes, that's right, I've used this damn thing to Melee in low ATA areas, and it works great. There aren't many fans of Cards on PSO, due to their animations, but you have to take into concideration the special, which pierces and is as powerful as a Heavy Attack. Not only that, think about the room clearing power of the third attack! Three shockwaves of high powered ouchness that shoot through a wave of weak enemies. Gal Wind has abilities and power to be put up against Madam's Parasol, each have their own pros and cons, but Gal Wind falls into my heart because of the badass looking animations that cards have.
__________________________________________________ ____

I hope you enjoyed reading my biased opinions, please refrain from trying to argue certain things, as I'm just doing this out of pure bordem. You may say if you agree or disagree, but keep in mind that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinions. If you would like to see more, please say so, and I can work on two or three weapons when I wake up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-01-18 00:55 ]</font>

Hrith
Jan 18, 2005, 06:50 AM
I like Twin Blaze http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I got mine a while ago in Skyly, tekked to 0/20/0/0/20 <3 so I use it a lot.
Thin is, I like daggers better, so Kefka tends to use weapons like Bloody Art 50% hit over Twin Blaze. I've put it on my RAmar lately, he can actually use the MST boost http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Flowen's Sword 3084 I disliked until recently when I got Red Dagger with hit%.
Spirit and Soul make a happy HUnewearl.
I don't use it that much despite the 40% hit (yay, yellowboze) because:
-I dislike female sword animation
-Kefka has no TP
-I dislike Spirit
-I have better swords, including a Chain Sawd 50% hit, and a Zanba 20% hit.

But yes, Flowen 3084 is a good weapon for HUmar and HUnewearl, until you get better (Zanba for HUmar, whatever for HUnewearl).

I don't see how you can use Gal Wind effectively, though. With 203 or 210 ATA, you will miss 80% of the time past cave/temple, making the special useless.
Hitogata and Guardianna with hit% can be decent weapons, but "with hit%".

Tycho
Jan 18, 2005, 07:10 AM
On 2005-01-18 00:54, Skorpius wrote:

least talked items in PSO

Flowen's Sword AUW 3084

How about the other Flowen's Swords with inferior stats... xD

Sowwy! n.n

And I wanna hit Hito too. ._.

PJ
Jan 18, 2005, 07:52 AM
On 2005-01-18 03:50, Kef wrote:
Hitogata and Guardianna with hit% can be decent weapons, but "with hit%".

I don't think I've ever found a Guardianna with Hit, and I use it in the Ruins/Spaceship >_>

Although Gal Wind was bad for me, that's just because my FOnewearl needs God/Arms x_x

Hrith
Jan 18, 2005, 09:28 AM
You're offline.

And even offline, 210 ATA in Ruins means 50% miss, you can deal with that, I cannot.

Sitka
Jan 18, 2005, 11:17 AM
Twin Blaze - one of my most wanted weapons. I've seen it drop once - of course my Racast was too far away and the Hucast got it. I've seen a high level Hucast working with that weapon - too awesome for words - I really want one!

Flowen's Sword 3084 - this was one of my first online drops. Running Temple and an Ob dropped it at my feet. Great weapon. Fun to use and so colorful!

Gal Wind - I've never actually seen one. We had a Gal Gryphon's Wing drop last week on a Respective Tomorrow Quest. Yep, Hucast got it. Haven't seen one work.

My most underated, reliable, works great for developing characters are the 50% hit charge weapons you can buy from the bank. Swords, Partisans, Handguns, Rifles, Shots, Vulcans and so on. A high level character with decent S&D is popping very high damage hits pretty regularly with these. Because they are bank buys, they are pipable and much easier to obtain then many of the exotic rares.

My favorite underated weapon is a Baranz Launcher. With a high level Ranger, that weapon can take a room down very quickly. Great for solo TTF runs.

RadiantLegend
Jan 18, 2005, 11:46 AM
I guess i'm different...

My humar has both the flowen's and zanba(hates chain swads) but i use my flowen's more than my zanba that i bleed for.

Spirit >> Berserk

¬_¬ and maybe it doesn't miss as much as zanba does...

Hrith
Jan 18, 2005, 12:06 PM
Flowen 3084 has 34 ATA, Zanba has 38 ATA, and Berserk is more accurate than Spirit, you phail.

KveerRaven
Jan 18, 2005, 12:55 PM
Love the Twin Blaze. I use it quite regulary, though I switch back and forth from that to Partisan of Lightning. I also have Flowens 3084. Nice weapon, use that too, have no complaints about it. Both really useful rares.
As for Gal Wind, I've seen it used by my friends FO, but never really liked those kind of weapons, although the special does leave it to be something desired, somewhat at least.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KveerRaven on 2005-01-18 09:56 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jan 18, 2005, 01:13 PM
A simple Gungnir/Raygun with Hit. Most underrated item ever. XP

RadiantLegend
Jan 18, 2005, 01:32 PM
No, my berserk misses all the time, my flowen does not.

Hrith
Jan 18, 2005, 02:08 PM
On 2005-01-18 10:32, Ragolismine wrote:
PHAILED !!

Dhylec
Jan 18, 2005, 02:27 PM
Ragolismine wrote:

careless statement!
your weps have hit%?

a. lessee, zanba base ata 38, flowen'84 has 34..
less ata hit more?

b. i think the order of effectiveness on power-trading photon is.. 3.charge, 2.spirit then 1.berserk
2nd shouldn't override 1st =|

Skorpius
Jan 18, 2005, 03:31 PM
Does anyone want to see three more today, or not? >.>

PJ
Jan 18, 2005, 03:42 PM
On 2005-01-18 06:28, Kef wrote:
You're offline.

And even offline, 210 ATA in Ruins means 50% miss, you can deal with that, I cannot.

50% miss? My game must be screwed up to the max then http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I know that's about as much as my FOnewearl misses... but that's because I'm not patient enough to find her GOd/Arms (And without them, she only has 111. I don't know how I manage to Melee with low ATP AND ATA u.u)

Anyways, I have been online. Not to mention multimode. So nyah, I'm referring to online.

RadiantLegend
Jan 18, 2005, 06:22 PM
They don't have hit%

I know its wierd.... >.<

Eihwaz
Jan 18, 2005, 08:37 PM
On 2005-01-18 10:13, Ian-KunX wrote:
A simple Gungnir/Raygun with Hit. Most underrated item ever. XP

Oh, man, on GC, I used to use a 50% Chaos Gungnir exlusively for groups of enemies. I simply didn't have anything better, except TJ Sword, and I think Gungnirs look better than a TJ Sword anyway. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I didn't use the special much, but doing Weak-Hard-Hard attacks all over the place was very awesome. It help up very well, until I got my Red Partisan. Even then, I stuck it in the bank.

kazuma56
Jan 18, 2005, 08:43 PM
Yes, Twin Blaze is very good, it also has some other uses such as breaking through a Delsabers block, stopping Ill Gill charges, and stopping canabin explosion rins just using it's special alone.

Charge Gungnir I would nominate for another Underrated weapon in the game, my RAmar can do 1000 dmg to almost every enemy in the game if the weapon should Critical when using it's special, and with 300+ ATA and 100 luck, it happens at least once or twice in a combo.

Baranz Launcher, sure it fires slow, but its ATP and special make up for it, you can do loads of dmg with the weapon if you should use it special and connect with it, and with a critical, it does leave its mark.

Skorpius
Jan 18, 2005, 08:50 PM
I don't think I'll be adding any non-special weapons to the list, because you can say Charge Anything is underused, but they aren't. They fact that it's been mentioned a few times is proof of this. :P

Mixfortune
Jan 18, 2005, 10:16 PM
Ahh, Flowen's Sword 3084.
I remember getting this, then dreaming about the potential of the Flowen's Set, even though later on I saw that the set doesn't work with it. Curses http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I still used it for quite a while, but since it had no Hit %, I rarely used the special outside of De Rol Le/Barba Ray fights. Least it had 20% A. Beast (yes, not much, but gave it a bit of a nudge vs. the aforementioned bosses).

I used it for quite a long time, although now, I just end up using an S-Rank sword over 3084 (least until I find a nice hit 3084, if ever).

I have a Gal Wind, but haven't used it yet, so I can't speak on it, but I suppose I should just try testing it out one of these days.

Skorpius
Jan 18, 2005, 10:31 PM
Gal Wind is a dream in forest with a melee FO, even though Heat Sword. Allbeit not that great later on, it's still a very fun weapon to use.
__________________________________________________ ______

Musashi
Found off of Hard Mode Dragon, this weapon is usually banked right away and never considered, but what if you find one with mad percentages? Even with 20 hit, this weapon is very fun to use early on, and even later. Musashi has only 35 ATA, but that can be countered with its availability, making Hit not too difficult to obtain. The Berserk special on these Jade green swords give them the power they need, making them surperb weapons until you find yourself a better multi-hit, single-target weapon. Musashi can be compared to Double Saber, and when it is, Musashi comes out the winner because of +5 ATA, +208 ATP over Double Saber, a more usefull special, and its availability is better than that of Double Saber. For hunters, Musashi is far better than anything else for the time you obtain it, and upgrading might not be a good idea until you hit Ultimate.

Iron Faust
Rare, yes. Sucky, no. 1/631 drop off of Spaceship Baranz on five IDs, and a Photon Booster from 45-50 Photon Drops will reward you with another one of my favorite weapons. I love this thing, and I wish more people would consider it on their RAcasts and RAcaseals. Although only useable by two classes, Iron Faust is a pretty nice supportive weapon. It won't kill things right away, and might even save you a couple of confuse traps with its 42 ATA. That ATA also makes Heavy Attacks work with this non combo weapon, and I am confident in saying that it's a great rival to Nug-2000 Bazooka on these two androids, on the fact that it is slightly easier to obtain and has a special. Of course, if you're using a non-bot Ranger, then you could just smack on a Needle ;p

Rappy Fan
Best. Slicer. Ever. Must I say that is too easy to find for its usefulness? Although Berserk with hit is far better than Confusion, not every ID can find a Diska of Braveman with hit. Just slap on an altered Rappy's Wing and slicer your enemies down. More base ATA than any slicer outside of Red Slicer and more grind ATP than a Diska of Braveman, this feathery slicer can compliment your early character through V.hard and even a little into Ultimate, whether its a Hunter, Ranger, or Force. And speaking of Forces, this is probably the best slicer you can use until you get a Rainbow Baton, 480 ATP is not a challenge at all for a melee force. I still use this on my HUcaseal periodically, it just looks so badass that I can't help but use it to feather rappys to death with their own medicine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-01-18 21:21 ]</font>

derBauer
Jan 18, 2005, 10:45 PM
I think the Holy Ray is awesome because it is a rifle my HUnewearl can use.

Skorpius
Jan 18, 2005, 10:55 PM
Holy Ray isn't underrated though. I see HUnewearls, HUmars, and Forces with them all the time. But, here you go:

Holy Ray on a RAmarl
Despite being very good on a Melee Force and even better on a HUmar/HUnewearl, putting this "non-RA" rifle on a RAmarl can prove to be very useful. Highest ATA of all the rifles, and 4th strongest ATP+Grind wise, Holy Ray is also pretty easy to find for it's strength. Paralysis is also fun, and with the added Ranger ATA that RAmarls have, Holy Ray will probably hit with its second or third attack in the combos. The only trouble is reaching 680 MST to use it. XD

Tycho
Jan 19, 2005, 07:45 AM
Did anyone evar find a Musashi (remember, it's Hard mode) with 'mad percentages'? o.o

I liked Holy Ray.. But actually I've only used very few of those weapons for more than a while. I usually stick with casting with tech bonus weapons equipped anyway. :/

Zarode
Jan 19, 2005, 07:53 AM
Lies.

The most underrated weapon is the DB Saber.

It's so powerful, it makes n00b more 1337 then you.http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

And if you get 20% on Native, now you are busting the big guns out now, yeah buddy...

Also, your Virista pwns monsters, with it's -5% hit.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Hrith
Jan 19, 2005, 07:58 AM
On 2005-01-18 19:31, Skorpius wrote:
Musashi
I have one with 40% hit, and I never, ever use it, Asuka (55% hit in my case >_>) deals more damage without having Berserk special, heh. But I'll do a run or two with it, just because you made me feel like it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Its low ATP would make it good for HUcast, but Berserk on HUcast requires a good healer, so no offline =/

Iron Faust
I have one that Sounomi gave me, and although I admit it's good, it suffers from the same problem as NUG2000-Bazooka: without hit%, it sucks. Good for offline Forest/Temple/Cave.

Rappy Fan
I just don't inderstand =/ low ATP, low ATA, no odds at hit% = sucks. End of story. Red Slicer, Flight Fan and Flight Cutter aren't hard to find, and can be used by most classes. Raibow Baton, although very rare, can be used by all, and comes with 50% hit at least.

Holy Ray on a RAmarl
hmm, I dunno, you have a good point, but Yasminkov 3000R and Ano Rifle aren't really hard to find either, and Ano Rifle has a better special of the same class =/ Besides, most rangers will end up using Frozen Shooter or Snow Queen.
But of course, I find Holy Ray incredibly ugly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-01-19 05:00 ]</font>

PJ
Jan 19, 2005, 08:05 AM
On 2005-01-19 04:58, Kef wrote:
Ano Rifle aren't really hard to find either

That's good Kef, take a stab at my accomplishment ;p

I think Rappy's Fan should only be a, "For looks," weapon (Like Kef said) but atleast, you know, it does look awesome http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif (My FOmarl uses it n.n)

I've been hunting Panzer Faust, just for the sake of having it. Maybe this will motivate me, but is Iron Faust better than Gi Gue Bazooka? (I love this weapon, it's cool looking, and it's Rafoie-ness almost makes the no combo worth it. Generally, weapons that don't combo = teh suck for me >_>)

Nai_Calus
Jan 19, 2005, 12:53 PM
Yes, but Kef? EVERY SINGLE ONE of those 'Better' Slicers is ult-only, with a much higher droprate. Honestly, did you have a Rainbow Baton in Hard? >_>; Flight Fan in Normal? For when you find it, Rappy's Fan is awesome, which is Skorp's point(And also mine, because I share his love for teh fan).

I quote:

this feathery slicer can compliment your early character through V.hard and even a little into Ultimate

Nisshoku
Jan 19, 2005, 01:50 PM
I still like my current Red Slicer I'm grinding with 30% more damage to machines, as well as my 55% increased hit-rate. ^_^

Seeing as I use nothing but under-rated weapons like my Bloody Arts, It's fun to see me pull these out in game. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Hrith
Jan 19, 2005, 02:53 PM
You said it yourself, Ian, as have many people here, other difficulties than Ultimate are irrelevant, you only stay there 40-60ish hours, then spend all of the time in Ult, so why bother ?
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

SheWren
Jan 19, 2005, 02:57 PM
Musashi better than DoubleSaber?
I don't agree: twin swords are very slow and you can get hit instead of hitting enemies; Double Saber is faster, has a good special for casting characters (last combo attack hits three times!!!) and are not so rare.

Quo
Jan 19, 2005, 03:14 PM
On 2005-01-19 11:57, SheWren wrote:
Musashi better than DoubleSaber?
I don't agree: twin swords are very slow and you can get hit instead of hitting enemies; Double Saber is faster, has a good special for casting characters (last combo attack hits three times!!!) and are not so rare.

double saber (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=28&sortby=class)

musashi (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=273&sortby=class)

The stat difference is obvious. Musashi is stronger.

Slower? Well, not so much. They have about the same speed overall, but twin swords pile hits together, leaving you vulnerable between hits; while double sabers spread the beatings pretty evenly over the combo, keeping the enemy at bay.

Double sabers strike 6 times as opposed to twin swords 5 per combo.

My personal preferance is a nice double saber, but if you know when to start your combo and the earliest time you can possibly start each attack (or a god/battle), you should have no problems with a twin sword.

Those links also give the drop rates for each weapon. The musashi is much easier to get. Forest and Dragon are much shorter than temple and barba ray.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2005-01-19 12:22 ]</font>

Skorpius
Jan 19, 2005, 04:12 PM
((Grind x 2) + Max ATP) x Hits)

Musashi: 2150
Double Saber: 1272

Quo
Jan 19, 2005, 05:01 PM
On 2005-01-19 13:12, Skorpius wrote:
((Grind x 2) + Max ATP) x Hits)

Musashi: 2150
Double Saber: 1272

Assuming an unshifta'd character with 385 base ATP (the minimum requirement for musashi and more than the requirement for a double saber) attacks a unzalure'd booma in hard mode online and attacks with a weak-strong-strong combo getting no critical hits, he should do 947 points of damage (weak damage x 1 + heavy damage x 4) with a musashi, and 718 points of damage (weak damage x 2 + heavy damage x 4) with a double saber. So sayeth the damage calculator.

Hrith
Jan 19, 2005, 05:32 PM
Yeah, Musashi owns Double Saber on all parts >_>

Double Saber in Ult on a HUnewearl = too weak to use.
Musashi in Ult on a HUnewearl = good, I just did GDV with it, it pwns Gibbons http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nai_Calus
Jan 19, 2005, 05:37 PM
On 2005-01-19 11:53, Kef wrote:
You said it yourself, Ian, as have many people here, other difficulties than Ultimate are irrelevant, you only stay there 40-60ish hours, then spend all of the time in Ult, so why bother ?
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

First couple of characters? Maybe you decided not to rush to Ult? Ooh, hey, here's a good one! BB! You CAN'T rush to Ult on BB. Therefore, yes, guess what? >_>;

My HUmar sure would have loved to have a Rappy's Fan while he was getting to Ult. You do not start the game with uber rares, or even good rares. Those slicers you named? I've found one, at L145. Not everybody has the time/multiple insanely high-levelled characters to hunt down all these rares you mention.

PJ
Jan 19, 2005, 08:04 PM
On 2005-01-19 14:37, Ian-KunX wrote:
Not everybody has the time/multiple insanely high-levelled characters to hunt down all these rares you mention.

Not to mention, they're rarer then Kef makes them seem to be >_>

I bet if he had the chance, he would say Guld was a nice, easy drop http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

kazuma56
Jan 19, 2005, 08:31 PM
I would say it was easy, although I probably will
never see another guld drop again.

Hrith
Jan 19, 2005, 08:56 PM
On 2005-01-19 17:04, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Not to mention, they're rarer then Kef makes them seem to be >_>
Red Slicer and Flight Fan are NOT rare, not at all.
And Flight Cutter is pipable -- ok, Ian, not on BB.

PJ
Jan 19, 2005, 11:09 PM
On 2005-01-19 17:56, Kef wrote:
Red Slicer and Flight Fan are NOT rare, not at all.
And Flight Cutter is pipable

I wasn't thinking >_>;;;

I was almsot about to say Flight Fan, but then I realised it was the same place as Red Slicer, only Whitill exclusive >_>;;;

But in general, you like to say things aren't rare. It hurts my accomplishments http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Skorpius
Jan 19, 2005, 11:23 PM
Rappy fan is great, and you can get it in Hard Mode. How easy is that? O.o All IDs, Hard mode..

Crush Bullet
I hardly hear about this weapon, probably because it;s on the bottom of the Shot chain. Regardless of its strength, this weapon is very useful among the two Bots, but can also be very useful with low level Rangers that have no decent Resta. Perfect for offline mode, Crush Bullet will refil your HP in one to two easy attacks, and think about how well it would do on Bosses that have many segments. I never leave Pioneer 2 without it when I'm using my RAcast or RAcaseal, and although not very useful later on with RAmars and RAmarls, this is one weapon you should consider passing down to lower leveled Rangers.

Pan-Arm's Blade
Not many people like Daggers, but I love them, especially these seizure enducing blades. Often overlooked for the lower ATP required Twin Chakram, this weapon can verywell be good on a Melee Ranger or Force. 2 more ata, and 30 more ATP, the only real drawback behind the flashy spiked daggers is the fact that they are pretty difficult to find. Panarms aren;t exactly the easiest creatures to get items off of, and that they will never gain hit percentages. I honestly don't hear this weapon mentioned often, and I feel that they are overshadowed by the Chakrams, but with good cause. But the facts remain, you don;t need an oran to get a decnet pair of Non-HU daggers.

Slicer of Assassin
I'm going to make this one short and sweet.
instant Kill + Possability of High Hit = Win.

PJ
Jan 20, 2005, 12:18 AM
On 2005-01-19 20:23, Skorpius wrote:

Crush Bullet
I hardly hear about this weapon, probably because it;s on the bottom of the Shot chain. Regardless of its strength, this weapon is very useful among the two Bots, but can also be very useful with low level Rangers that have no decent Resta. Perfect for offline mode, Crush Bullet will refil your HP in one to two easy attacks, and think about how well it would do on Bosses that have many segments. I never leave Pioneer 2 without it when I'm using my RAcast or RAcaseal, and although not very useful later on with RAmars and RAmarls, this is one weapon you should consider passing down to lower leveled Rangers.

I remember when my Christmas RAcast was so weak, that Sil Dragon (At Level 52) was harder than VH Falz... I had to use Crush Bullet to beat him cause I was so weak ^_^b But now Monaco Chao is teh pwnzozr and does not require it's HP sucking ability. Still useful for mate saving.

Hrith
Jan 20, 2005, 07:11 AM
On 2005-01-19 20:23, Skorpius wrote:
Rappy fan is great, and you can get it in Hard Mode. How easy is that? O.o All IDs, Hard mode...
All IDs, Normal mode... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Crush Bullet
Yes, this one is good on the RA bots, Advil gave me one with 30% hit, too, but I still use S-Rank Shot over it, the ATP of the S-Rank Shot is just too good.
But the special, although reduced, does great for offline soloing.

Pan-Arm's Blade
I luuuuuuub daggers <3 But I hardly use Pan Arms' Blade, although it has an awesome special. Why? Well, it's easy:
-HUs have better daggers.
-No odds of hit% make them meh on HUs and a no-go on FOs
-Good on RAs, but Twin Chakram > P-Arms' Blade.

Slicer of Assassin
I'm gonna be short, too.
RicoRoyal traded me a Slicer of Assassin with 70% hit. The special (Dark, not Hell) suffers from the slicer series reduction. It hardly works.
(Tried on Terra, had over 340 ATA).

Lub your topic, Skorp http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

-------------------------------------

My turn:

Morning Glory
An easy drop in Whitill and Bluefull, this claw's ATP can completely pwn a Red Saber if used at the right time. Claws are usually underrated, but the thing is RAmarl/HUcaseal claw animation simply owns, and Morning Glory on Terra is terrific. Of course I use it in Forest and such, but still, a great weapon, and I love the looks =D
Morning Glory is also very good on FOmar. FOmar has excellent claw animation, and the high ATA of claws is good for him. And honestly, I'd rather use a powerful claw and land all 3 hits for high damage, than use S-Rank Twin and miss 2 or 3 hits out of 6 for less damage, heh.

God Hand
This easy drop can even be found in an offline quest as a reward.
First point, it sucks on HUcast, HUmar, RAcast, RAmar because their animation SUCKS.
But on females, it completely owns. This swift weapon with incredibly high ATA, has more ATP than a Lavis Cannon. And it's just so cool to see your character punch and kick monster's butts http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Excellent for meleeing with a Ranger, one should not forget how much the HUcaseal unarmed animation owns, and I mean it; try it, love it.
Gal Gryphon in Skyly dropped me one a long time ago, tekked to 0/85/0/0/20. Simply put Terra+God Hand > Cave; Vulmers and GoVulmers in one weak-hard-hard combo, Melqueeks and Crimson Assassins in one hard-hard-hard combo http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Mixfortune
Jan 20, 2005, 07:36 AM
Morning Glory is also pipeable http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Greenill slimes.

Though, (not for FO) wouldn't a Rika's Claw be better off than a Morning Glory? Drop doesn't seem that much harder than the non piped Glories, if you go after the Whitill Delbiter drop, anyways.

Skorpius
Jan 20, 2005, 03:10 PM
Kef, why are you hijacking my topic? ;/ ...
As much as it's nice that people like this, it's still Skorp's, not Kef's. You just took two possible items off my list and now I get to do less than I did before. Please allow me to finish as much as I can before picking out anything I missed. I'm about half way done, and God Hand was on my list ;/

Delsaber's Buster / Shield Combo
Yeah, I'm cheating with a combo, but I will be doing more of this because, let's face it, these combos are weapon related and are pretty underrated. The Delsaber's Set is one of the most powerful sets, out of the four, but is disregarded because it uses a Saber class. This is very powerful here, and I'll show you the math:

(((Grind x 2) + ATP) + Bonus) x Hits
(((9 x 2) + 350) + 100%) x 3 = 2208

I do this with every weapon for a rough estimate of it's power. What I did was take this total and divided it by 5 and 6 for Paired Swords and Twin Sabers.

5 hits = 441 (per hit)
6 hits = 368 (per hit)

Delsaber's Combo gets stronger than Musashi and Twin Brand. Nothing TOO impressive, until you figure out the shield.
25 EDK is already great, it makes the shield alone a rval to Secret Gear, but add on the 100% EVP bonus and you get 230 EVP. That's more then Red Ring, 1 less than Tripolic, and 18 less than Safety Heart. With 65 DFP, the two items together are a great pairing for a level 41 Hunter or Ranger.
The combo is great, not too difficult to obtain and if you can master Saber animations, then it can carry your Hunter or even Ranger into Ultimate Cave.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-01-20 14:03 ]</font>

Sitka
Jan 20, 2005, 03:47 PM
I like this topic a lot Skorpius. It's a little bit like the ideal weapon guide, but the explanation and illustration of how and why certain weapons work so well is outstanding.

As one looks at the posts, one can identify qualities among certain weapons that might assist one's ideas of how they would like to play the game.

I never gave much thought to some weapons like Morning Glory. Played with a crush bullet when my character was much lower and didn't like it, but might like it better now. Tried a God Hand on my Racast and didn't like it, but now want to try it on my Hucaseal - just hadn't though about it.

Fun stuff.

I'm still searching the shop every time for my charge weapons with 50% hit - still my favs.

Skorpius
Jan 20, 2005, 03:49 PM
I didn't type up Morning Glory or God Hand. I personally think Morning Glory is talked about a lot because it's a Whitill drop so it doesn;t fall under the radar like most of the ones I typed up. God Hand, however, was on my list, but Kef wants to steal my thunder. >>;

Sitka
Jan 20, 2005, 03:54 PM
Or he's contributing to make the combined thunder even stronger...

Zonde becomes RAZONDE!!!!

Skorpius
Jan 20, 2005, 04:38 PM
Ok, this is a better idea:
If anyone has any suggestions for items, PM me, I'll type up something on the item suggested. That way, there is a contributing role, and the list is still my list. :P
So, Kef, anymore ideas, just PM me, all right?

Hrith
Jan 20, 2005, 05:14 PM
Sorry, Skorp ;-;
I misunderstood the point of the topic, it seems, I thought it was not enough to reply to your posts ;x

I won't do it again :S

Mix, Rika's not that much more powerful than MG, if any, and it looks ugly (except maybe on tall HUcasts and RAcasts, sorry Eclair >_>), and also, it's not underrated.

Mixfortune
Jan 20, 2005, 07:40 PM
On 2005-01-20 14:14, Kef wrote:
Sorry, Skorp ;-;
I misunderstood the point of the topic, it seems, I thought it was not enough to reply to your posts ;x

I won't do it again :S

Mix, Rika's not that much more powerful than MG, if any, and it looks ugly (except maybe on tall HUcasts and RAcasts, sorry Eclair >_>), and also, it's not underrated.

Wasn't saying Rika's was underrated. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
But yeah, there is a sort of looks thing to it, like most claws http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Skorpius
Jan 21, 2005, 08:30 AM
Red Scorpio
I feel as though the true launchers are the most underrated weapon class in the entire game. Excellent as Rifle substitutes, they can be described as "linear Shots", cutting through and piercing enemies along a varied path that is determined by the angle and range of the attack. With great range and some splash damage, Launchers can prove to be useful in multiplayer games, as well as solo, and Red Scorpio is no exception. Although lacking a decent special, Red Scorpio boasts ATP that can be easily out do most Rifles and Spreads. Adding more to this great underdog of a weapon is the drop rates and availability, making Red Scorpio a weapon you should consider on your next Ranger outing.

Hrith
Jan 21, 2005, 08:49 AM
Red Scorpio is kinda too big for Terra so I use Guilty Light (plus it's blue, although I like red better, Terra is blue and it fits).
I like it, rarely use it, but I love the animation with females, whether standing, walking, running or shooting.

And my other rangers are males, and males have horrible, TERRIBLE animation with launchers whether standing, walking, running or shooting >_>

DezoPenguin
Jan 21, 2005, 09:48 AM
Ahh, the Red Scorpio, or as I call it, the Dragon Smacker. There's nothing like popping Bob, Sil Bob, or Gol Bob out of the air with one of these babies. My RAcaseal, especially, loves hers, 'cause she's so underpowered even with Mylla&Youlla in effect.

Luis
Jan 21, 2005, 04:48 PM
one weapon i use a lot against elypson is my favorite one the heavens punisher. i dont like the special at all mostly because of the time to use, but it really help me against some kind of monsters, considering i dont have jellen/zalure, it have a certain times when its helps, for example fighting del rol le, when he is underwater, or when olga flow, became "invulnerable" or at PW4 fighting against 4 epsylons, or better now, since some kind of people forget about Light resistance, ande they build up their defense, i use it on battle, kinda cool, and some other big deal its, that it never miss. it hardly does some kind of damage on ultimate/online, but stil kinda cool, and its very very rare to find one, almost the same drop char as the psyco wand.

Skorpius
Jan 24, 2005, 02:51 PM
Me thinks I are bored with this topic now. >>;

Evil_Althena8
Jan 24, 2005, 09:14 PM
Hmm..interesting topic. I have to say that Musashi is very nice and pretty underrated. It works wonders earlier on and it's berkerk special is oh so nice on normal-v.hard bosses. Elysion is actually very underrated. Believe it or not, I have to use it with my lvl 109 FOnewearl to kill Gran Sorcerers. Damn things are so resistant to techs. Slicer of Assassin.....i've never ever seen it's special work before. Double Saber is great on low levels, especially with Melee+Casting FOs. Rayguns with Hit% and Gungnir's with Hit% are awesome. Hell special works great with those.

Another one of my personal favs is Caduceus. It helped me beat Gal Gryphon on ult. It boosts defense by 40, has the 2nd higest ATP for a rod, which makes it nice for Melee FO's, and boosts Grants. PLUS it makes little feather thingies whenever it's smung...gotta love the feathers

Hrith
Jan 25, 2005, 08:10 AM
On 2005-01-24 18:14, Evil_Althena8 wrote:
Damn things are so resistant to techs.
Razonde for Bee R so it cannot attack you, then Grants it; dead in 10 seconds.