PDA

View Full Version : Suppresed Gun or Red Handgun

KveerRaven
Jan 19, 2005, 09:12 AM
Ok so I have both and seem to switch between the two quite often for several reasons:

1. Suppressed Gun looks cool and has a nice sound effect to it.
2. Red Handgun is just an all around good decent handgun to have.

But here's my question, which one do any of you prefer? I have a feeling the majority will be for Red Handgun, but I'm hoping not.

For me, even though the Red Handgun may be better than the Suppressed Gun, but even with my Red Handgun having a Hit% of 10, I seem to hit MORE with my Suppressed Gun that has 0%s.

So, lay it on me, what do you guys think of these two handguns. All posts welcomed. If you hate this thread, ignore it. Sorry, just don't feel like reading over spammers and flamers.

digigram
Jan 19, 2005, 09:35 AM
Personally, like you said, I feel the red handgun is better stat-wise, but, I like the Suppressed gun better for no better reason than it sounds and looks better.

The sound of it is extremely soothing if you want a break from the general distorted "SPIT" sound the other guns make, and I feel this can alter the skill of a player tremendously due to how fluid the gun feels in general.

I haven't experienced a difference in hit rate between the two, but then again, i'm lucky enough to have multiples of God/arms and not very hesitant to replace god/ability's or battle's even, so that I can have extremely high ATA.

my HUcaseal SN:23-001 is only lvl 105 but has 212-213 ATA when I really should only have 45 less. Needless to say, with handguns, I hit everything no matter what.

but my vote is for the suppressed gun if one wants a change. If the player doesn't care about looks and feel of a weapon (and has a red character with green mag and yellow shoes, ie: no fashion sense), use the red handgun because it does more damage overall.

Hrith
Jan 19, 2005, 10:20 AM
10% hit ? man, learn to tek http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

And I like RH better, 400 fixed ATP simply owns on Hunters, plus mine has 30% hit.

I use my Suppressed Gun 25% hit with Kefka, but only because it's special to me (present from Auracom).

Ryna
Jan 19, 2005, 11:21 AM
Whenever I am using my Hunter, I will alternate between the Suppressed Gun and Red Handgun. I generally prefer the Suppressed Gun for its looks and sound. However, I will use the Red Handgun in situation where I need more ATP.

Quo
Jan 19, 2005, 02:10 PM
I prefer the red handgun, both in stats and appearance. I hate guns, so the less realistic appearance of the red hangun appeals more to me. Meh. It also has some sentimental value since it was the first weapon I got on V2 that allowed me to hit anything consistantly in ULT. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

My suppressed gun has 40% native and 25% hit (Ozwald was nice). I can't say any of my red hanguns are that good.

Edit: checked my suppressed gun %s.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2005-01-19 11:29 ]</font>

KveerRaven
Jan 19, 2005, 02:24 PM
On 2005-01-19 07:20, Kef wrote:
10% hit ? man, learn to tek http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

And I like RH better, 400 fixed ATP simply owns on Hunters, plus mine has 30% hit.

I use my Suppressed Gun 25% hit with Kefka, but only because it's special to me (present from Auracom).

Dude! I tried to get it higher, and I actually did manage to, but was I satisfied? NO! I tried to get it even high than what I got it to and everytime after that, it either stayed at 10% or lower. *cries in shame*

I use my Red Handgun against Falz or Olga, simply because of the better ATP and the hit%, but when it comes to just typical rare hunting runs, I just use my SG.

Sitka
Jan 20, 2005, 11:06 AM
Speaking of tekking:

I took this special weapon (Last Survivor) with 40% untekked hit to the fat force behind the counter.

"Give me your best tek," says I.

"30/0/20/0/30," says he.

"Hell no, you can do better than that," says I.

"Screw you, 30/0/20/0/30," says he.

"Dammit, I'm paying good meseta for this work. I expect no less than 50/0/40/0/50."

"Go to hell," says he. "I'll give you 35/0/25/0/35 and just be glad I don't keep it."

This went on for two hours. I did get him to concede to 45/0/45/0/45, but then I just took my weapon back untekked and figured I'd try him some other day when he was in a friendlier mood.

Don't give in to those lazy bastards!

Hrith
Jan 20, 2005, 12:07 PM
http://www.consoles-games.com/forum/images/smiles/Tourne1.gif

Change tekker !

KveerRaven
Jan 20, 2005, 12:32 PM
Sitka buddy,

*ROTFLMFAO* dude, that's what My situation was! THe fat a**hole behind the counter decided to be a dick! He thought he was tough shit, hiding behind his impenetrable counter and all!

So I was like, c'mon, its not everyday you get a nice customer like me! That's when I tried slipping him a few Benjamins. Thats when I remembered that you're not actually bribing the guy, just feeding his apetite for assholish teking.

You know, thats one thing ST shold do. Develope a bribing system. I mean shit, with the amounts of Meseta I aquire, I'd be able to get the percentages I want! You know, they could set the usual limits and all. Then, I would be happy.

Sitka
Jan 20, 2005, 01:30 PM
Just curious Kef:

How many Red Handguns did you find before you bagged the 30% to hit one?

20?

30?

Every Red Handgun I've ever gotten looked exactly the same: 0/0/0/0.

Hrith
Jan 20, 2005, 02:18 PM
Hmm, the best is if I actually look at my records, heh...

Whitill -- 3 guns, none with hit%

Redria -- 2 guns, none with hit%

Purplenum -- 17 guns, two with hit%, one tekked to 0/0/20/20/30 the other to 0/0/20/30/30

Yellowboze -- 5 guns, none with hit%

So 27 guns, and Purplenum FiY > j00

Sitka
Jan 20, 2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks - and Damn Dude!

You've got my vote for PSO man for life.

Have you figured out a way to get paid for playing this game?

Seriously, Sega Team should hire you as a consultant for Phantasy Star Universe.

Now I can refer to you when my wife complains that I am overly obsessed with this game - THANKS!

Crisis
Jan 20, 2005, 03:15 PM
red handgun is decieving, its red and when I kill a monster it allways look like a red box. So I'd rather use my SG. Oh and is the SG that you find better than the one in the offline mission?

Skorpius
Jan 20, 2005, 03:19 PM
So, anyone with 10% is a dipshit now? :l

Quo
Jan 20, 2005, 03:26 PM
On 2005-01-20 12:15, Crisis wrote:
red handgun is decieving, its red and when I kill a monster it allways look like a red box. So I'd rather use my SG. Oh and is the SG that you find better than the one in the offline mission?

You think red handgun is bad, you should see a bright red sato.

Weapons from Ozwald can have percents. If you don't like the percents you got, you can reset your system and do the mission again.

On 2005-01-20 12:19, Skorpius wrote:
So, anyone with 10% is a dipshit now? :l

Well, you can't tekk a weapon to its peak potential and have 10% on any stat, so maybe, a little.

When my tekker is a stingy so-and-so, I usually just bank the weapon and try again later.

Neith
Jan 20, 2005, 05:22 PM
Im gonna say the Suppressed Gun for these reasons.
1) As mentioned, cool noise.
2) I like how it's just a standard handgun in appearance with an added suppressor.
3) When you get onto later difficulties (particularly in Seaside later on), a gun's nice to have, and the ATA on the Suppressed Gun is rather nice if u ask me. Beats seeing 'MISS' on ur screen over and over... (I know that you can get accurate Red Handguns, but the Suppressed Gun's a lil easier to find IMO)
4) The Suppressed Gun reminded me of the SOCOM pistol from Metal Gear Solid http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The Red Handgun is a nice weapom, and a fair bit more powerful, but I prefer the look of the Suppressed Gun.

gream-green
Jan 20, 2005, 06:16 PM
On 2005-01-20 10:30, Sitka wrote:
Just curious Kef:

How many Red Handguns did you find before you bagged the 30% to hit one?

20?

30?

Every Red Handgun I've ever gotten looked exactly the same: 0/0/0/0.

TeeHee hey Sitka I found my 2nd RH on Sat night after playing for about 20 minutes, 0/0/0/10/15 untekked, hee, hee, I think my other has hit % to, Greenill baby.

Akulamenuri
Jan 20, 2005, 07:22 PM
Suppressed Gun sounds so cool, so im going with that

gream-green
Jan 20, 2005, 07:42 PM
Yo Aku, good to see you.

Hrith
Jan 20, 2005, 10:38 PM
On 2005-01-20 11:42, Sitka wrote:
Now I can refer to you when my wife complains that I am overly obsessed with this game - THANKS!I feel like this is not a good thing http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
My girlfriend never complains about it, and she hates video-games >_<

On 2005-01-20 12:19, Skorpius wrote:
So, anyone with 10% is a dipshit now?That is an understatement.

On 2005-01-20 14:22, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Im gonna say the Suppressed Gun for these reasons.
I know that you can get accurate Red Handguns, but the Suppressed Gun's a lil easier to find IMOIt's actually a lot easier to find a Red Handgun with hit than a Suppressed Gun with hit, unless you meant restarting SoaB if you don't like the results, still, that would take time... SoaB is a long quest.

People seem to forget:
-SG ATP = 283
-RH ATP = 400

That's huge, especially for a handgun.

kazuma56
Jan 20, 2005, 11:00 PM
Central Fire Dome Swirl is good for greenills because that quest has the most offline Tollaws available.

Mixfortune
Jan 20, 2005, 11:04 PM
On 2005-01-20 20:00, kazuma56 wrote:
Central Fire Dome Swirl is good for greenills because that quest has the most offline Tollaws available.

Not really worth it for Red Handgun hunting, especially when Redria (1/2 Pal Rappies) and Purplenum (1/315 Rag Rappies) drops for it are a lot easier (around 900 greenill tollaws), and are in the same area (Ult Forest). Doing Fake in Yellow will get you Red Handguns in a relatively short amount of time.

Neith
Jan 21, 2005, 05:31 AM
It's actually a lot easier to find a Red Handgun with hit than a Suppressed Gun with hit, unless you meant restarting SoaB if you don't like the results, still, that would take time... SoaB is a long quest.

Yeah I suppose you're right, but since I was Skyly, doin SoaB was no bad thing http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif The Suppressed Gun was a bonus http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I still prefer the Suppressed Gun though.

Mixfortune
Jan 21, 2005, 05:45 AM
On 2005-01-21 02:31, UrikoBB3 wrote:

It's actually a lot easier to find a Red Handgun with hit than a Suppressed Gun with hit, unless you meant restarting SoaB if you don't like the results, still, that would take time... SoaB is a long quest.

Yeah I suppose you're right, but since I was Skyly, doin SoaB was no bad thing http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif The Suppressed Gun was a bonus http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I still prefer the Suppressed Gun though.

The thing is, since you can't get multiple weapons from that quest using the same character, if you didn't get the percents you wanted, you'd have to do a reset of the console... which doesn't save your progress, but allows you to try and get the Gun again with different percents.

This would also not save any drops or experience you got through that quest, putting you back to where you were when you loaded your character to play.

Unless perhaps you REALLY LIKE just doing the quest, even without getting anything at all from it, but then there's not much to be said about it at that point http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Skorpius
Jan 21, 2005, 08:33 AM
I'm going to start purposefully tekking 10% to -5% just to piss people off.

KveerRaven
Jan 21, 2005, 12:48 PM
OK, so it seems like to me, the majority of the posters here perfer the Suppressed Gun for looks and accuracy over the Red Handgun hands down.

However, I've found that most perfer the large difference in ATP between the two.

Very nice comments guys, I love em.