PDA

View Full Version : How would this work?

Blue-Hawk
Jan 19, 2005, 03:44 PM
Melee Ramarl? Would they work similar to a weaker version of the Hunewearl? I was just wondering how they would fare, seeing as how I have a decent power/def mag sitting gathering dust and have never tried that before. I have a melee Fomarl and find them rather fun yet aggrivating.

And what would be better for this between a Ramarl and a Racaseal? I HATE Ramar's and Racast's with 31 different flavors of passion.

trypticon
Jan 19, 2005, 03:47 PM
You would be wise to lose your flippant ways in relations to insulting RAcasts.

Blue-Hawk
Jan 19, 2005, 04:06 PM
On 2005-01-19 12:47, trypticon wrote:
You would be wise to lose your flippant ways in relations to insulting RAcasts.

I can be flippant because I have tried the class and did not like them.

I am not an android fan.

Dek
Jan 19, 2005, 04:44 PM
Oh well...At least you played them before making useless bullshit comments http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

As far as a Melee RAmarl goes, I could see that happening for some odd reason. As far as weapons go, you should probably hunt down a Monkey King Bar (with hit of course), grind it, and use it. With the "decent" S/D and J/Z she has, it would make her kind pretty good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2005-01-19 13:45 ]</font>

PJ
Jan 19, 2005, 04:48 PM
Some serious obsession with Hit%s u.u

Keep that obession for classes that need it. RAmarl has enough ATA, and besides, I wouldn't hunt for multiple MKB until you get one with Hit. That could take some time.

Dek
Jan 19, 2005, 04:52 PM
But, as said before several times here, it's completely random. You could even get a Hit% MKB during your first run.

Ketchup345
Jan 19, 2005, 04:53 PM
I had a semi-melee RAmarl (mostly ranged, but always carried at least one melee weapon). It worked very well.

My Mag could have been much better, as I stupidly made it 5/70/42/83.

I used whatever weapon was available (I usually carried around a S-Rank Needle, Frozen Shooter, Mechs, and a melee weapon). Early on, it was the Double Saber. My Double Saber had 20% hit, so I could even start off with the special.

You could make great use of a large amount of melee weapons, and be effective at using quite a few of them.

It probably would be like a weaker HUnewearl, but more accurate. A 5/145/50/0 Mag would even work great for a melee RAmarl. RAmarls have the second highest ATA in the game; they don't need hit%, butof course if you can get something (useful) with it, it is nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-01-19 13:54 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jan 19, 2005, 04:55 PM
It's not really going to be much of a challenge. You won't be missing much, if at all, and you've got good enough stats all around... *shrug* RAcaseal might be more interesting, but still not difficult at all, IMO.

Mixfortune
Jan 19, 2005, 05:01 PM
It's been a while since I've seen some more melee oriented Ramarls, but when I did, I seem to recall usage of berserk/spirit hit Gungnirs.

Twin Brand may be easier to find than an MKB, but MKB seems fairly decent as well. Personally though, I haven't had much experience in the melee ranger/force field, so I could be off, or the thing about the berserk/spirit hit Gungnirs could be outdated.

EDIT: But I can imagine, as Ian said, that melee ranger might not be as difficult as it would initially seem. RA can use more of the "hunterish" weapons than FOs can, and the RA ATA helps more for melee than FO MST.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-01-19 14:04 ]</font>

Hrith
Jan 19, 2005, 05:27 PM
weaker HUnewearl ? lol

Everyone agrees that ATA > ATP, yet you say that RAmarl would be a weaker HUnewearl ?

With her ATA, Berserk weapons will be 10 times more effective than on HUnewearl.

Get S-Rank Twin, Scythe, Axe, Slicer, etc. with Berserk = pure ownage.

Yamigarasu also works wonder in Ep2.

Don't forget Twin Blaze and Twin Chakram, two excellent weapons.

But I insist on S-Rank Twin, no HUnewearl can come close to what a RAmarl using S-Rank Twin+Berserk can do.

But, yeah, it's not much of a challenge, a bit more on RAcaseal, cuz she sucks, but still, ATA > all.

Skorpius
Jan 19, 2005, 05:30 PM
RAmarl = HUmarl.
Slap on a twin, scythe, and mechs, and you're much better than a HUnewearl.

Blue-Hawk
Jan 19, 2005, 05:32 PM
Remember, Kef. I'm offline only.

Hrith
Jan 19, 2005, 05:35 PM
On 2005-01-19 14:32, Blue-Hawk wrote:
Remember, Kef. I'm offline only.
I promise I will someday http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Skorpius
Jan 19, 2005, 05:36 PM
Double Saber, Soul Eater early on, or even a Charge Gungnir, whichever you like. You can also use S-beat's Blades, or Chakrams, if you feel like Daggers pwn. Give them a Diska of Braveman, instead of a shot, and you're on your way to victory.

PJ
Jan 19, 2005, 08:26 PM
On 2005-01-19 14:27, Kef wrote:
Everyone agrees that ATA > ATP

To a point.

Once you get to a certain amount of ATA, then it's not as important, then focus can be put into attack. At HUnewearls max ATA (Which I will point out again, depending on the weapon equipped, is not required) you'll be hitting a high majority of your hits anyways. Then again, HUnewearl doesn't even have much more ATP than RAmarl, so there's not a huge gap inbetween them anyways. And as far as I know, both have generally bad stat growths.

And just to be safe, I'm biased to the HUnewearl anyways >.>

kazuma56
Jan 19, 2005, 08:46 PM
From what I hear from people, she's pretty easy to max out so her ATP and S/D J/Z would make her a good meleer, although after reaching a certain level offline, there isn't much of a difference between meleeing RA classes because you will have enough ATP and ATA to kill most things in a combo or 2.

Blue-Hawk
Jan 20, 2005, 12:33 AM
Thanks for this input, y'all. Heh. Maybe she will hit better with those coke-bottle glasses she will be wearing. ^_^

She's like me- a near-sighted fighter. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garm
Jan 20, 2005, 11:06 AM
On 2005-01-19 14:27, Kef wrote:
Everyone agrees that ATA > ATP

RAcaseal, cuz she sucks, but still, ATA > all.

well maby all you want to is miss and getting hit XD but when you hit OHKO! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dont forget racaseals are the best class >.> best costumes and best stats (I like def)

And why do people think melee ra's are a challenge? they have ata and atp... the only challenge in this game is a full tech ramar or humar... in challenge mode (4 tech humar/ramar = ultimate fun/hell)