PDA

View Full Version : Male and Female animations?

kazuma56
Jan 20, 2005, 08:41 PM
I'm not going to make a argument/debate over this, but what are so good about female animations compared to males? they more or less act the same wehn you think about it.

Saber- males own this category, females saber animations suck and leaves them open for attack.

Claw- not sure, I can dodge with both so i'm assuming this is opinionated.

Partizan- no difference at all, but females to walk with it pretty stylish.

Sword- not sure, both leave you open for attack, females may get away without getting whacked depending on distance (I think).

Twin Sabers- no difference again, although females move more in the combo than males.

Dbl Saber- not sure, males can't get away, but females more or less are in the same situation because you have to attack the enemy at the farthest range of the weapon possible to get away. Males can get away with the Dbl Saber in Seabed if you do a hard X3 combo.

Slicer- Not sure, don't use them much, but since it has range i'm assuming this is opinionated as well.

Katana- not sure either, females move in at the end as well as males, not sure if you can get away with females.

Dagger- Hucaseals are the only one with different animation with this weapon, but again, bot sure if you can get away without getting smacked.

Fist- both can get away without getting smacked although the females have a better ending, males 2nd kick is pretty cool as well.

Deuce
Jan 20, 2005, 08:43 PM
HUcaseals with double sabers move so fast. Ultimate Bartles can't touch you! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Demo Comet = Destruction!

Skorpius
Jan 20, 2005, 08:46 PM
Twin Sabers = Double Sabers
Females have a different Dagger animation.
Female Sword animation reduces lunge distance as you attack, making your Normal/Normal/Heavy attacks more effective.
You have a lot of "Not sure"s on this list.. ;l

kazuma56
Jan 20, 2005, 08:47 PM
On 2005-01-20 17:43, Deuce wrote:
HUcaseals with double sabers move so fast. Ultimate Bartles can't touch you! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Demo Comet = Destruction!

I used to have a hucaseal before I erased her for a Hucaseal, but I think that she would be left open because the whole animation moves like the males in terms of paces forward.

kazuma56
Jan 20, 2005, 08:49 PM
They are not sure because I just started playing my Hune again, and noticed such thing, i'll try seeing if my "not sure's" are definite or not.

Deuce
Jan 20, 2005, 09:09 PM
HUcaseal has it's own unique animations for claws, double sabers, and daggers. They use the normal female animations for other weapons.

Quo
Jan 20, 2005, 09:30 PM
On 2005-01-20 17:41, kazuma56 wrote:
I'm not going to make a argument/debate over this, but what are so good about female animations compared to males? they more or less act the same wehn you think about it.

Saber- males own this category, females saber animations suck and leaves them open for attack.

Claw- not sure, I can dodge with both so i'm assuming this is opinionated.

Partizan- no difference at all, but females to walk with it pretty stylish.

Sword- not sure, both leave you open for attack, females may get away without getting whacked depending on distance (I think).

Twin Sabers- no difference again, although females move more in the combo than males.

Dbl Saber- not sure, males can't get away, but females more or less are in the same situation because you have to attack the enemy at the farthest range of the weapon possible to get away. Males can get away with the Dbl Saber in Seabed if you do a hard X3 combo.

Slicer- Not sure, don't use them much, but since it has range i'm assuming this is opinionated as well.

Katana- not sure either, females move in at the end as well as males, not sure if you can get away with females.

Dagger- Hucaseals are the only one with different animation with this weapon, but again, bot sure if you can get away without getting smacked.

Fist- both can get away without getting smacked although the females have a better ending, males 2nd kick is pretty cool as well.

First of all, most of the weapon types have more than two animations to them. FOmar, HUcaseal and RAmarl each have unique animations (new characters, new animations, why not?) FOmarl has had many unique animations since V1. My point here is that the animation divisions run deeper than just a gender difference.

I would argue that most of the preferences people have come with practice. Between the animations there are subtle timing differences. If someone plays, say, a HUnewearl almost exclusively, they will be accustomed to the HUnewearl animations and will thus not be as effective with a HUmar. This works in reverse as well. It sounds to me that you play mostly the male classes. You are accustomed to the male animations and so you may or may not see the speed differences in the animations.

Nai_Calus
Jan 20, 2005, 09:33 PM
Wrong, HUcaseal shares her claw animation with RAmarl.

My opinions:

Saber: Male, hands down.
Handgun: No difference. FOmarl wins for amusing me by smacking herself in the face with it when she shoots.
Cane: Shares Saber's attack animation, but slower. Generally useless except for casting, and casting equipped speeds females and slows males, so female wins. FOmarl gets special mention for having a doofy useless animation that at least looks dignified.
Rifle: No difference, females win because males look stupid holding it up. XP
Sword: These suck, period. Most of the difference in the animation comes in the third hit from what I can tell, which I don't bother doing with Swords.
Rod: FOmar, hands down. Nice zippy cast, excellent melee combo.
Partisan: No difference. Excellent on both sexes, but female looks ridiculous when the shaft passes directly through her body when she moves from walking to running...
Shot: No difference. Both sexes are painfully slow without God/Battle, and not that quick with one. FOmarl has a unique animation which is almost retardedly fast, but can only use Inferno Bazooka. I'm partial to the male animation, stock female looks ludicrous, like she's humping it/about to be knocked over.
Wand: FOmar for style with the melee combo, female for animation
Double Saber: I'm actually indifferent. I like male better, despite everyone's fapping over the female and/or HUcaseal animation. So sue me.
Mechgun: Females look better shooting, FOmar has a unique casting animation which is awesome.
Card: Eh. I prefer the male one.
Twin Sword: Hate them. Don't care which is better. Female at least looks SLIGHTLY less retarded running with them.
Launcher: Both sexes look ridiculous. XP Males slightly less so...
Claw: FOmar. But only with Morning Glory, because Morning Glory is sexy.
Slicer: Never personally used them on females. XP I like the looks of the male animation better, at any rate.
Katana: Bleh to both sexes.
Dagger: HUcaseal, for style reasons. Males and females in general look the same, and look stupid with that goofy jump.

The first person to tell me my opinions are wrong gets shot. :D

Deuce
Jan 20, 2005, 09:38 PM
On 2005-01-20 18:33, Ian-KunX wrote:
Wrong, HUcaseal shares her claw animation with RAmarl.

You're wrong!!! (waits to get shot)

Well sorry for not realising that. My HUcaseal never uses anything other than her Demo Comet. Also, my RAmarl has never touched a claw because they are icky. Spread Needle is sexier. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Hrith
Jan 20, 2005, 10:27 PM
I'll do it shortly, if I can >_>

-Sabers: Males > Females > FOmarl
-Katanas: Females > Males
-Fists: HUcaseal > Females > FOmar > Males
-Claws: RAmarl/HUcaseal > FOmar > Females > Males
-Daggers: Males > Females (HUcaseal could be put aside for coolness factor) > FOmarl
-Swords: Males/FOmarl > Females, no discussion, female animation is slower and only prevents frontal attacks
-Partisans: Males > Females > FOmarl (males are faster with partisans, Kazuma)
-Twin Sabers: Females > Males (both have a weak point and a strong point, so I picked looks)
-Paired Swords: Females > Males (if only for the way males run with them http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif )
-Slicers: Females > FOmarl > Males
-Handguns: RAmarl (duh) > Females > Males > FOmarl (only the FOmarl is actually worse, the others are just about looks)
-Rifles: Females > Males (once again, looks)
-Launchers: Females > Males
-Shots: FOmarl > Females > Males
-Mechgun: Males > Females > FOmarl
-Wands: FOmar > FOnewearl > FOnewm > FOmarl
-Rods: FOmar > FOnewm > FOnewearl > FOmarl
-Cards: Females > Males

Skorpius
Jan 20, 2005, 10:29 PM
On 2005-01-20 18:33, Ian-KunX wrote:
The first person to tell me my opinions are wrong gets shot. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Your opinions are wrong. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT: Kef, you ever used a Sword on a FOmarl? ;l Slower than their Partisan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-01-20 19:37 ]</font>

Hrith
Jan 20, 2005, 10:40 PM
FOmarl have male Sword animation, only slower. I'll check anyway.

PJ
Jan 20, 2005, 10:47 PM
As bad as the male animation for the Claw is, I LOVE the cartwheel at the end http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I had this awesome picture of my RAcast doing a handstand! So not useful at all, but awesome to look at.

Just like the Slicer, I like the jump at the end, but that's just as bad XP

The male animation for the Saber just looks so powerful, it looks like there's actual force put into it. Not the females though D=

Handgun anything BUT RAmarl. I dunno, but I hate the sideshooting ;p Ian's right about the FOmarl though XP

I like how FOmarls/FOmars cast with Mechguns, it's just cool n.n

I like all the Rod animations, but I think the standard male one (FOnewm/HUmar). Again, not for use, but it's just cool with the jump and dance at the end http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Twin Swords (Musashi) I prefer how the males do the combo. It keeps the enemy away better >_>

Females have a cute Double Saber/PB dance thing. Otherwise, I prefer the male animations. (But it's no cute when Flowen is doing it >_>;;; )

So obviously, my list isn't about best or worst. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Skorpius
Jan 20, 2005, 10:47 PM
It's slow as Hell.

kazuma56
Jan 20, 2005, 10:49 PM
On 2005-01-20 19:27, Kef wrote:
I'll do it shortly, if I can >_>

Do you mean by style or actual combat efficiency? because both are left open for a smack.

Again, same as above, style or efficiency?

Style or efficiency? both can get away without getting hit so the animation doesn't hinder the class any, not sure about Fomar though, haven't gotten a God/Battle for him even though he has a Redria I.D.

-Daggers: Males > Females (HUcaseal could be put aside for coolness factor) > FOmarl

I'm assuming this is for style, because each leaves you open for an attack.

-Swords: Males/FOmarl > Females, no discussion, female animation is slower and only prevents frontal attacks

? Frontal attacks, what do you mean by that?

You sure about that? my RAmar and Hunewearl can both get away without getting smacked because the combo is the exact same, I see no difference.

-Twin Sabers: Females > Males (both have a weak point and a strong point, so I picked looks)

okay, its preference, although I think the males look better http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Paired Swords: Females > Males (if only for the way males run with them http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif )

Yea, they do run stupid with them, but the animation for their combo is alot better.

I assume this is also because of animation/style, there is no advantage for classes with this weapon in terms of animation.

-Handguns: RAmarl (duh) > Females > Males > FOmarl (only the FOmarl is actually worse, the others are just about looks)

not to worried about this, Ramarls do look cool I guess, but it never really looked cool to me in certain angles.

Aren't they identical? except Females have this robotic type movement to them.

Males have a better battle stance then females do with the weapon.

PJ
Jan 20, 2005, 10:50 PM
On 2005-01-20 19:47, Skorpius wrote:
It's slow as Hell.

You mean the male Double Saber one?

It's all about the dancing and style http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Skorpius
Jan 20, 2005, 11:15 PM
FOmarl Sword.

derBauer
Jan 21, 2005, 01:49 AM
The secret to the HUnewearl sword attack is simple, and produces amazing results.
Normal-Hard, 1 inch retreat, Normal-Hard-Hard.
If what I am hitting is still alive, I will gladly take a hit after the second combo. My Red Sword might have hit 5 enemies 5 times producing about 12-15,000 damage.
Yes, it does take some getting used to. I think the 800 hours I've spent from Dragon Slayer to Red Sword has done it.
The problem is Ep 2 when my Holy Ray is used in 90% of all situations. I hate that.

Hrith
Jan 21, 2005, 08:02 AM
On 2005-01-20 19:49, kazuma56 wrote:

Do you mean by style or actual combat efficiency? because both are left open for a smack.
Female is faster.

Again, same as above, style or efficiency?
Efficiency, duh, have you really tried it ?

Style or efficiency? both can get away without getting hit so the animation doesn't hinder the class any, not sure about Fomar though, haven't gotten a God/Battle for him even though he has a Redria I.D.
Efficiency again, the "cartwheel" as PJ calls it makes it a lot harder to land the 3rd hit than on RAmarl/HUcaseal/FOmar, even with God/Battle.

I'm assuming this is for style, because each leaves you open for an attack.
Males is faster; and if you get hit after doing a daggers combo, then you must really suck at using them :|

? Frontal attacks, what do you mean by that?
Attacks coming from the front ?

You sure about that? my RAmar and Hunewearl can both get away without getting smacked because the combo is the exact same, I see no difference.
Yes, both sex can get away without getting hit, but males is faster.

Yea, they do run stupid with them, but the animation for their combo is alot better.
Nope, I use Asuka a lot with my HUcast and Sange & Yasha a lot on my HUnewearl, none is really better.

I assume this is also because of animation/style, there is no advantage for classes with this weapon in terms of animation.
I assume you never use slicers.

Aren't they identical? except Females have this robotic type movement to them.
No they look different.

Males have a better battle stance then females do with the weapon.
But females are quicker with them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-01-21 05:02 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Jan 21, 2005, 11:28 AM
Way to break it down Kef http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Though Im impartial to Hucaseals and my opinions would be biased. Though I have attempted to use Humars, and I find that their animation with double Katana is somewhat lacking, and for some reason has less of a reach. Yet with a Hucaseal it appears to have a longer reach and radius as well. But then again I primarily use Hucaseals and have not spent nearly as long on any other character so my input is limited http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

kazuma56
Jan 21, 2005, 02:35 PM
Partizan- Nope, I tried it with a Hunewearl and RAmar, both with God/Battles and the ended at the exact same time, and if they didn't, it would be like 0.1 of a nanosec, not noticable.

Slicer- Yes, the animation is different, but speed isn't really the issue with this weapons range, using a Hunewearl or RAmar, I can escape using the combo, the animation for the huney is about 1 sec off of my RAmars ending.

Katana- yes the Females 2nd attack is alot faster than the males is, but the males have more rang because of the lunge, so they more or less cancel each other out, but the females do have a 1 sec off of the ending compared to males.

Dagger- nope, I forgot that most of my "Tests" were in ruins, not Forest/Caves, I can easily dodge in those places, ruins is a different story however.

Sword- I knew what you meant, but is there actually a difference in game with the ending animation for each gender? like does the female animation hit more front enemies or something, because I didn't notice it.

Fists- doesn't seem like a difference to me, I can escape with both, although depending on if you use a hard instead of a light to start the combo off will change the difference for males.

Claw- I have no problems, even in Ruins, its more or less similar to doing a saber combo.

Shots- I'm not sure about that, but does it really matter when males are doing more dmg with em?

BTW all my tests are with GB, not just the ones I mentioned.

Hrith
Jan 21, 2005, 03:10 PM
Dude, this is not debatable, your opinion is welcome, but don't fight facts.

Like saying male Slicer, Claw or Fist animation is not worse than others... geez, the jump at the end makes it impossible not to get hit or simply to land it efficiently.

And I use daggers everywhere, I just love daggers, and they do not leave you open to getting hit at all, at least less than Twin Sabers or Paired Swords.

About Swords, I meant that females are so static that if there is monster not right in front of her, she'll get hit, males won't; thanks to the forward lunge, they will evade side and back attacks = males win.

kazuma56
Jan 21, 2005, 07:17 PM
On 2005-01-21 12:10, Kef wrote:

Dude, this is not debatable, your opinion is welcome, but don't fight facts.

Facts? you sure?

Like saying male Slicer, Claw or Fist animation is not worse than others... geez, the jump at the end makes it impossible not to get hit or simply to land it efficiently

no, maybe it's your playing style or the way you time things with males, but you CAN easily evade after a full combo with any of those weapons, maybe not fist, in say ruins, but everywhere else you can.

And I use daggers everywhere, I just love daggers, and they do not leave you open to getting hit at all, at least less than Twin Sabers or Paired Swords.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but I cannot seem to time it effectively for the Standard (male animation) animation for that weapon, maybe Hucaseals and Ramarls can evade with them, but others that have the standard animation and use it in ruins I just can't get them to evade(manually).

About Swords, I meant that females are so static that if there is monster not right in front of her, she'll get hit, males won't; thanks to the forward lunge, they will evade side and back attacks = males win.

But then if the enemy in front of them is not dead, they get hit, may even lead to getting surrounded depending on how the enemies placement is at the time of the combo, both are equally bad depending on situation.

Hrith
Jan 22, 2005, 06:37 AM
"No shit"

Nai_Calus
Jan 22, 2005, 07:17 PM
Fact: You suck with Slicers, if you find it 'impossible' to aim ot not get smacked with a male character. :|

Funnily enough, I've been using a Diska of Braveman on my FOmar on BB for some time now, since it has Hit, and I haven't found myself having any trouble, except for the obvious fact of not being able to hit with the special(Which I don't use anyway, because really, I'm a FOmar. Even if I COULD hit, I don't have that much HP. XP)

Opinions != Facts.

Skorpius
Jan 22, 2005, 07:21 PM
I like using Claws on my HUmar. I never miss and it's very effecient. I like the animations, I think they;re better than anything else.

Hrith
Jan 22, 2005, 08:02 PM
The jump at the end maks it impossible not to get hit after a male slicer combo, and sometimes you will even get stopped before the hit connects.
You can escape after a full combo if you start from very far, in which case, your first hit probably did not connect.

If you meant that male slicer animation be good if you only use the 1st two attacks, then the point of this topic is stupid, because any weapon with any class can be efficient if you use partial combos, motherfucking duh.

And the fact is not that slicer animation sucks (I never said that, once again, you misread), but that Femalr/FOmarl animation is better.

And for the record, I suck with no weapon type, I use everything, sabers, claws, katanas, launchers, you name it, with all my chars, which includes claws on males, Skorpius (Kefka + Rika's Claw).

EJ
Jan 22, 2005, 08:19 PM
Well, here's my two cent I prefer the Fomar claw animation since it is insanely fast when god/battle is equip. Of course I only do the first 2 and not the third since the third attack has that little spin at the end.

I prefer the female animation of double saber since it is more smoother than the male one.

There are people who prefer on animation to another and there are animation that when compare to another are better, it just up to you which you prefer.

Nai_Calus
Jan 22, 2005, 08:35 PM
Full combo, all three hits landing. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe it's like how I can hit with acceptable accuracy in places you and others swear up and down I can't hit at all and my personal luck with attacking is just THAT 1337. XP

kazuma56
Jan 23, 2005, 04:00 PM
? if you start with a Hard attack with the Male Slicer animation you can do a full combo regardless of where enemies are, and I will stick by that fact, but as for everything else,it is more or less an opinion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-01-23 13:01 ]</font>

PJ
Jan 23, 2005, 08:15 PM
Don't confuse opinion for fact. Unless you're farther away (Like I like to be with slicers) you can't hit with a full male combo.

Not opinion.

rena-ko
Jan 24, 2005, 06:54 PM
cool it, people.

and, verbal warning for you, kazuma.
i suggest you're keeping a low profile for a while.

kazuma56
Jan 24, 2005, 08:12 PM
no, i'm 100% positive I can, maybe those that say you can't have problems timing the combo, but I can easily evade using the slicer for my RAmar... and just to make sure I was spouting @#$% outta my ass I played multimode and went to ruins and still, no problems with manual evading.

The way you're supposed to combo is based off how you hit the enemy, make sure that when you connect with the 1st hit the next two are followed up with a hard attack, and when you are doing the combo, you should be timing your hard attacks so that the enemy doesn't leave the groggy type animation, if your doing the combo and the enemy leaves that animation, you're doing it wrong. Also, make sure you have you hold the analog away from the enemy position on the last hit, other than that, there is nothing I can really say about it, just comes from experience.

BTW I will retract the statement abouting starting with a hard attack, its not needed, you can do a light-hardX2 and evade.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-01-24 17:13 ]</font>