PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: question about single player quests

jnblz316
Jan 21, 2005, 07:37 PM
is the single player part of PSOBB like offline PSOGC? meaning is the there a level requirement to get to the different difficulties? or if you beat falz in single player you go the next difficulty?
thanks

Mixfortune
Jan 21, 2005, 08:19 PM
Ian's got it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-01-21 23:07 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jan 21, 2005, 10:15 PM
So if you don't know the answer, why do you post?

PSOBB has a 'solo' mode selectable when you make a game. This is basically offline mode, with the same weaker enemies that give less exp and the same offline quests. More PSO+ than anything, as Central Dome Fire Swirl and Seat of the Heart are solo mode quests(No, East and West Tower are not solo mode quests).

Mmm. Solo mode in PSOBB uses a completely different unlocking system from PSOGC/DC, and actually even somewhat different from PSOBB. To advance to Hard mode on an episode, one must complete the Government quests for that episode, and then on Hard-Ult, all areas in that difficulty will be unlocked. However, this only applies to the normal game. For solo mode, not only must one advance the usual quest tiers, one must also complete the government quests on a difficulty to unlock the stage they want(For example, one must do 1-1 through 1-3 to open Caves and complete the first tier and then Native Research in order to do Forest of Sorrow on Ult). SotH requires Seabed to be unlocked, however. Don't ask me why.

Edit: Mmm, yes, you do have to meet the level requirement, as well. Can be implied from the statements about needing to do the normal mode's government quests, but it's clearer to state it. And of course, no, it's not 'offline', you still have to connect to the server and have a working HL.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian-KunX on 2005-01-21 19:18 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Jan 22, 2005, 02:06 AM
On 2005-01-21 19:15, Ian-KunX wrote:
So if you don't know the answer, why do you post?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian-KunX on 2005-01-21 19:18 ]</font>

Yeah, I figured that as well after I posted, that it didn't seem positive enough to be a good post.
Also, I meant I wasn't sure about whether the actual areas could be played the same way as GC/XBox offline single player, though I did know about the quests.

I also admit I should have elaborated more about the unlocking system for the areas, and requirements for reaching the other difficulties, but at the time I didn't recall the Hard and Vhard level requirements (since I knew at least Ultimate changed to 100), so I was going to check it and come back before I finished, but I ended up forgetting :x

I'll admit my post sucked :p

HUcastShinobi
Jan 22, 2005, 08:42 PM
beating dark falz was the only way on the gc versions, so my belief is that you need to pwn dark falz, which just requires you to unlock the ruins...

Ryna
Jan 23, 2005, 11:10 AM
On 2005-01-22 17:42, HUcastShinobi wrote:
beating dark falz was the only way on the gc versions, so my belief is that you need to pwn dark falz, which just requires you to unlock the ruins...

Listen to Ian-KunX. The requirements to unlock the next difficulty are very different on BB.

Eanae
Jan 23, 2005, 11:55 AM
On 2005-01-23 08:10, Ryna wrote:

On 2005-01-22 17:42, HUcastShinobi wrote:

Listen to Ian-KunX. The requirements to unlock the next difficulty are very different on BB.

Not to mention annoying. The gov quests were the biggest turn off from making new characters.

Nai_Calus
Jan 23, 2005, 12:00 PM
I don't understand why, since they're a great way to achieve the level requirements. Some of them are also good for hunting, so... Eh, really, they're fine.

If anything, the L100 requirement for Ult is a turnoff from making new characters. XP Not like GC where you can have your new whatever into Ult at L40...

jnblz316
Jan 23, 2005, 02:27 PM
I don't understand why, since they're a great way to achieve the level requirements. Some of them are also good for hunting, so... Eh, really, they're fine.

If anything, the L100 requirement for Ult is a turnoff from making new characters. XP Not like GC where you can have your new whatever into Ult at L40...

Then i'm not even going to bother with the single player quests then.The level 100 requirement doesn't bother me too much though. it keeps me with the same character so i can get the really good rares. thenks for the info guys.

oh yeah one last quick question.
Is there a quest guide that help you through the gov quests with maps,enemy counts,etc.?