PDA

View Full Version : so what is the "new addition to PSOGC?"

Axel3792
Jan 21, 2005, 11:40 PM
anyone know?

PJ
Jan 21, 2005, 11:58 PM
Hopefully, it's something to do with the, "Masters of [Class name here]" or "Hearts of [Class name here]" you got from Max Attack 1. Or else people will be fairly disappointed >.>

If it were a quest, it probably would have been announced.

Skorpius
Jan 21, 2005, 11:59 PM
Probably nothing important, as usual. XP

AzureBlaze
Jan 22, 2005, 12:13 AM
I bet it is too!
It HAS to be something really cool, because getting all the things is so hard to do. You need 12 of each (one for each class) but people like RAcaseals are pretty rare.
Unfortunatly, I havn't run across anyone who's actually done it. I, and a group of friends are planning on it over the weekend, so if no one beats us to it, I will post the answer here.

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 22, 2005, 01:59 AM
it has something to do with the fact that sonic team screwed up and we won't be able to get the next quest for a few months. As for what the change is, not even Armion told me that.

Hrith
Jan 22, 2005, 06:36 AM
I know several people that have 12 hearts, including myself.

Answer is: naught

Axel3792
Jan 22, 2005, 01:31 PM
wait... hearts? can anyone fill me in? are these items, or just some cheesey rank you get after you beat a quest (something you can't even see on your status screen)?

are they useful?

secret_of_space
Jan 22, 2005, 01:58 PM
just some cheesey rank you get after you beat a quest (something you can't even see on your status screen)?

Bingo.

King_Rappy
Jan 22, 2005, 04:02 PM
Red Ring? That's my guess.

kazuma56
Jan 22, 2005, 04:17 PM
PG:Flow?

Knux500
Jan 22, 2005, 04:44 PM
They probably patched the servers so that there would be no more WS FSOD.

Remember, someone did send the packet that creates the WS FSOD to Sega, so our little GC PSO gift is probably the patch.

Or maybe not. Only one way to find out, I guess...

L100Seraphs
Jan 23, 2005, 10:30 PM
Been wonderig myself what Armion meant, until I noticed something...

Note that the comment about the special extra is not written in italics - which means it is something the news-poster, Jonathan_F, is saying. When put into that perspective...
"Also mentioned is a special something that has been added to the GC version of PSO. Good luck figuring out what it is"

... suggests that whatever that has been added, Armion knows, and told Jonathan_F, and Jonathan_F is choosing not to tell us.

On the other hand, Jonathan_F has said he has not been told, by Armion. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The worst part is that because of the current state of PSO, with so many "legit" people no longer playing, the chances of anyone figuring it out is miniscule. Sometimes I wonder if ST enjoy punishing the players and rewarding the cheats/noobs/call-them-what-you-will.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: L100Seraphs on 2005-01-23 19:34 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jan 23, 2005, 10:42 PM
On 2005-01-23 19:30, L100Seraphs wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if ST enjoy punishing the players and rewarding the cheats/noobs/call-them-what-you-will.

I think the cost of % modding basically proves that. >_>;

Though they've been known to punish players without rewarding cheaters: The disasterous tech range/targetting modification on BB that was completely reverted within days because it was poorly thought out and hurt even HU/RAs with techs; Jellen/Zalure specials on BB being changed to 60 PDs instead of 50(Though the true trash specials were lowered to 20)... XP

Ryna
Jan 23, 2005, 10:48 PM
On 2005-01-21 22:59, Jonathan_F wrote:
it has something to do with the fact that sonic team screwed up and we won't be able to get the next quest for a few months. As for what the change is, not even Armion told me that.

Can you say anything about what the "screw up" is?

Nisshoku
Jan 27, 2005, 03:35 PM
Jon told me a bit of the new quest coming in a few months, but I'm not telling. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mixfortune
Jan 27, 2005, 05:24 PM
On 2005-01-27 12:35, -Nisshoku- wrote:
Jon told me a bit of the new quest coming in a few months, but I'm not telling. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thanks for posting that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-01-27 14:25 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jan 27, 2005, 09:46 PM
On 2005-01-27 12:35, -Nisshoku- wrote:

So don't spam the boards trying to look cool going "I know something you don't know", which only makes you look like a spamming five-year old dumbass. Go back to FKL.

Kuea
Jan 27, 2005, 09:51 PM
well I know the black ring wasn't unbanned at the update o.o

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 28, 2005, 02:05 AM
I know minimal information about the quest, its name and what it's about...

but I was never specifically told that I could release the information on it...all I said was its name, and there's no guarantee that the name is actually related to anything at all, and I'm sure we know of quests like that... (towards the future? I mean come on...what future was there left on the DC?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-01-27 23:05 ]</font>

shinobu_seta
Jan 28, 2005, 10:14 AM
I sure hope they release the quest or some information on it soon. Because from the looks of things online, there wont be very many US players left to play it anyway -_- Everyone's dropping out.

Ryna
Jan 28, 2005, 11:31 AM
On 2005-01-27 23:05, Jonathan_F wrote:
but I was never specifically told that I could release the information on it...all I said was its name, and there's no guarantee that the name is actually related to anything at all, and I'm sure we know of quests like that... (towards the future? I mean come on...what future was there left on the DC?)

Towards the Future was one of the last major quests released for V2. I always viewed the name in the following manner: "This is the last big quest that will ever be released for V2, you will need to looking forward to Episode 1 & 2 for even grander things."

Do you have any ideas as to whether we can quit with the heart collecting in MA1? Earlier you mentioned that ST "screwed up". I was taking that to mean that MA1 had been released too early and the reward quest would not be released for a long time. At least that is what I speculating based on your comment. Can add any other comments besides that?

If you are not in a position to answer any of those questions, just say so and I will be understanding about the matter.