PDA

View Full Version : Weapon w/ID...

HUcastShinobi
Jan 22, 2005, 01:19 PM
I'm having a problem with finding the weapon from the dragon in hard mode, and it wastes around 30-50 mins each run and ive killed it about 15 times now... Will it eventually appear, or can it take more than those odds to appear? (Check my id below for my stats people...)

PS: Do you have any boss rematch tricks i can use instead of quit game and do another run? that could help....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUcastShinobi on 2005-01-22 10:20 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Jan 22, 2005, 01:31 PM
Musashi, right?
It isn't too bad of a drop, so you should get it eventually. Just keep trying at it. Or, if you like, you could always get to the Vhard dragon and try for the Yamato, which is a stronger version of the Musashi.

If you have online access, you could try playing Towards the Future, killing the dragon, then restart the quest.

Since you're almost level 40, is there anyone else that can group with you in Vhard?

HUcastShinobi
Jan 22, 2005, 01:35 PM
Major Downside, if you didnt check my level, theres no way that i could be in vhard yet... But thats ok, i know about that, and i have something else to ask of you... Could i possibly do a spaceship run at all in Ep 2? I want a double saber as well, which will be another 3 hours down the drain...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUcastShinobi on 2005-01-22 10:36 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Jan 22, 2005, 01:40 PM
Well it is possible to be in Vhard forest under 40, especially if you killed the dragon 15 times. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As for Spaceship, it should be entirely possible. You can always pull out if the enemies are too powerful, but you shouldn't have many problems with your equipment and level (I'm assuming hard mode). Unless you'd like to hunt a specific item there as well, I'd just recommend clearing Hard mode. In the end it's more likely to be to your advantage.

EDIT- Ah, double saber. As Ketchup pointed out, that's Temple (Barba Ray), rather than Spaceship.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-01-22 10:43 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Jan 22, 2005, 01:41 PM
On 2005-01-22 10:35, HUcastShinobi wrote:
Major Downside, if you didnt check my level, theres no way that i could be in vhard yet... But thats ok, i know about that, and i have something else to ask of you... Could i possibly do a spaceship run at all in Ep 2? I want a double saber as well, which will be another 3 hours down the drain...

Level 39 is very possible in Very Hard. Level 36 or so is the lowest possible for Ultimate.

Hard Temple should be very easy for you. Double Saber's drop rate from Barba Ray (Temple Boss) is somewhere around 1/18, so it could take some time.

Quo
Jan 22, 2005, 01:45 PM
On 2005-01-22 10:19, HUcastShinobi wrote:
ive killed it about 15 times now

Musashi is a 1/18 drop. You haven't even killed it enough times to meet the average. Don't complain.

Besides forest is a nice place to level up with a quick and easy chunk of boss EXP at the end.

It will drop sooner or later, just don't get impatient.

HUcastShinobi
Jan 22, 2005, 01:47 PM
ok, but also, i got a funny comment to say, i killed the dragon with the soul eater in hard mode without letting it get off the ground! it was so funny, i couldnt stop laughing for 5 mins... soul eater is pretty awesome... but i got a slicer of assassin and varita waiting to be used... i also got akikyo's frying pan... ok though, i asked cause i killed dark falz in norm at lvl 24, and i thought it was impossible to do some of this stuff... thx for the advice, and IM me if you want ketchup, ill be on...

Any good weapon ideas for me? My soul eater is getting bland now and i dont know if the twin blade or double blade weapons are worth it... and what about claymores? do those only appear in ultimate mode stores or something?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUcastShinobi on 2005-01-22 11:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUcastShinobi on 2005-01-22 12:08 ]</font>

Rukuss2k
Jan 22, 2005, 03:13 PM
Instead of Quiting everytime you beat the dragon, you can go to the guild counter and take a quest, then cancel it.

HUcastShinobi
Jan 22, 2005, 03:17 PM
does it leave forest 2 open though... thats my question...

Skorpius
Jan 22, 2005, 03:25 PM
Musashi is a great weapon, berserk and all. >>;

Arross
Jan 22, 2005, 04:59 PM
i tried to get the musashi at least 10 times and never got it.

but my friend tried and got it on the first try.

it's just a matter of luck.

HUcastShinobi
Jan 22, 2005, 08:23 PM
Well folks, im one round short of hitting what the odds are, magic number 22... If someone has a boss rematch shortcut, PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!

I have now gained another 3 levels since my last post, and if someone wants to give me advice on quick exp (since i need 2-3 runs for lvl up which will get higher quickly) that would be nice...

i dont want to be a dragon, considering he wont drop what ive wanted, and ive found 4 rares since then, a booma's right claw (now Booma's Claw), a varista, a slicer of assassin (2nd one... ...) and an AddSlot

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUcastShinobi on 2005-01-22 17:26 ]</font>

Quo
Jan 22, 2005, 10:03 PM
On 2005-01-22 17:23, HUcastShinobi wrote:
Well folks, im one round short of hitting what the odds are, magic number 22... If someone has a boss rematch shortcut, PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!

There is no shortcut other than going only to the rooms directly on the path to the boss warp. You must redo forest 1 each time.

I have now gained another 3 levels since my last post, and if someone wants to give me advice on quick exp (since i need 2-3 runs for lvl up which will get higher quickly) that would be nice...

You certainly don't need levels to beat the dragon or Hard DF for that matter. But if you want to level up, get a sword with machine % and play the mines.

Arross, don't double post. That's spam, which is against forum rules. If you edit your post you will see the option to delete it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2005-01-22 19:06 ]</font>

HUcastShinobi
Jan 22, 2005, 10:21 PM
1. Darn
2. Across Prolli Double Clicked
3. Only Have Unlocked Caves, Yet Haven't Even Warped In There Yet...

Sitka
Jan 22, 2005, 11:11 PM
The first character through is the hard one. Once you have your first character well into ultimate, you'll be passing all kinds of good stuff on to your other characters.

I was playing last night and decided to take my c-mode Hucast (lvl 6) into normal mode just to kill some time. With a lvl 200 Sato, a charge buster with 50% to hit, four slots and some God stuff on him, he's dealing over 200 damage per swing. Other players are complaining (rightly so) "lose the power, sitka." I was pissed at the time, because my characters are 100% legit and I don't want to be accused of cheating, but they were right and I was wrong.

Point is, I have several musashis and they drop all the time for me. Running to the Dragon seems incredibly quick and easy, even for my level 1-6 characters. Put enough time into that first character - you'll get your mushashis, then your asukas and then much better stuff and you'll wonder why you worried so much about those damn musashis, lol.

Run through a few more times. You'll get grinders, scapes, mats and more and finally get that elusive red box from the dragon. Trust me.

Good luck!

HUcastShinobi
Jan 23, 2005, 09:26 AM
Ive wasted 5-8 hours now, and its getting agitating... and ive found 2 addslot, 2 slicers of assassin, 2 booma's right claw, 4 trigrinders, 4 digrinders, 8 monogrinders and 1 varista... i cant use the slicers or the varista, and this act is giving me a headache... and what on earth does berzerk do?

And act means the objective, NOT me fakeing it... (that would be counted as wasting pso time!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUcastShinobi on 2005-01-23 06:27 ]</font>

Ryna
Jan 23, 2005, 11:07 AM
On 2005-01-23 06:26, HUcastShinobi wrote:
and what on earth does berzerk do?

When you use Beserk, you sacrifice a portion of your HP to perform a very powerful attack. It is a very popular special on these boards.

Do you have access to the online portion of the game? If you do, it would be faster if you kept playing the first portion of the quest "Toward the Future" over until you got your Musashi.

HUcastShinobi
Jan 23, 2005, 11:46 AM
no $$$, but considering the begging trick... which class should i get next though? im making a second one as soon as i get to about 100 or so, which at this rate, wont be difficult...

Evil_Althena8
Jan 23, 2005, 05:57 PM
I'm cursed with finding countless Musashis and Yamatos from the dragon, but nothing else from other bosses. Believe me, once you find it, you'll only find more...and more...and more.

Tycho
Jan 23, 2005, 06:07 PM
On 2005-01-23 08:46, HUcastShinobi wrote:
no $$$, but considering the begging trick... which class should i get next though? im making a second one as soon as i get to about 100 or so, which at this rate, wont be difficult...

To see the game from a new perspective: the opposite of whatever you were playing.

Mits
Jan 25, 2005, 07:45 PM
Today i was playing with my lvl 61 HUcast and i got Yamito's from Him in very hard mode. idk if it was just a fluck or not but you might want to try that too..

Ryuko
Jan 25, 2005, 09:25 PM
I only ever found 2 or 3 Musashi's, but I have about 25 yamatos.

Garm
Jan 26, 2005, 03:01 AM
On 2005-01-25 18:25, Ryuko wrote:
I only ever found 2 or 3 Musashi's, but I have about 25 yamatos.

I think everyone is suffering form that problem. I only have 2 musashis http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif thats the same amount of asukas I managed to fsod >.> *remebers banking*

Mits
Jan 26, 2005, 07:33 AM
Well i have a Musashi+40 and Yamitos+6 and im stuck between the two cuz my Musashis are better XD

Mits
Jan 26, 2005, 08:36 AM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i have the 2001 edition of the Agito

Ryuko
Jan 26, 2005, 11:04 AM
On 2005-01-26 04:33, Mits wrote:
Well i have a Musashi+40 and Yamitos+6 and im stuck between the two cuz my Musashis are better XD

Just wait till the Yamato gets to +60. And congrats on the agito.

HUcastShinobi
Jan 26, 2005, 11:13 AM
Musashi Only goes to 35... it says it in the item database...

also, i got one quite a while ago, so im set, im trying to beat the hard mines now with a lvl 46 HUcast, but the damn gilchich guns kill big time...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUcastShinobi on 2005-01-26 08:14 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jan 26, 2005, 12:31 PM
HUcastShinobi wrote:
also, i got one quite a while ago, so im set, im trying to beat the hard mines now with a lvl 46 HUcast, but the damn gilchich guns kill big time...

a lv46 hucast having a tough time in hard mines?
dang you are sure doing something wrong!

KveerRaven
Jan 26, 2005, 12:43 PM
On 2005-01-26 09:31, Dhylec wrote:

HUcastShinobi wrote:

a lv46 hucast having a tough time in hard mines?
dang you are sure doing something wrong!

Yeah, no kidding.

Believe me, out of the hundreds of Musashi's and Yamato's I found, they're really not that worth it. I like double swords, but when you find something that surpasses the both, they lower in anticipation. It took me quite a while before I could even dare use my first pare of Musashi's or Yamato's, and when I could use them, I had already aquired better items. However, you'll get them eventually. Just keep at it. I remember it took 100 Ult Dragon runs before I found my first Dragon Claw. Just keep trying, that's all you can really do.

HUcastShinobi
Jan 26, 2005, 02:36 PM
dude, the lasers knock me to the floor and the rooms are normally filled with about +10 of them, so its really hard with a musashi to eliminate all of them...

Quo
Jan 26, 2005, 03:39 PM
On 2005-01-26 11:36, HUcastShinobi wrote:
dude, the lasers knock me to the floor and the rooms are normally filled with about +10 of them, so its really hard with a musashi to eliminate all of them...

Use a sword or partisan. Don't you have a nice Breaker or Glaive or something?

HUcastShinobi
Jan 26, 2005, 07:58 PM
On 2005-01-26 12:39, Quo wrote:

On 2005-01-26 11:36, HUcastShinobi wrote:

Use a sword or partisan. Don't you have a nice Breaker or Glaive or something?

but i dont want to use my soul eater! sheesh, that thing is so bland after 1 month (30 hours) of playing with it

Saffran
Jan 26, 2005, 08:26 PM
But HUcastshinobi, you could also use daggers, traps, handguns, machine guns and other stuffs! Don't limit yourself to one or two eapons, however cool they might look. If you want to clear an area, then do it like a coward until you're strong enough to resist 2 critical hits.
You can worry about clearing Hard with only one type of weapon later. At level 46, even on my first try, I was trying to defeat Very Hard Dragon...
If there's a weapon that you just like watching in action, save it for an easy area where you don't care if you get hit or not.

HUcastShinobi
Jan 26, 2005, 08:42 PM
On 2005-01-26 17:26, Saffran wrote:
But HUcastshinobi, you could also use daggers, traps, handguns, machine guns and other stuffs! Don't limit yourself to one or two eapons, however cool they might look. If you want to clear an area, then do it like a coward until you're strong enough to resist 2 critical hits.
You can worry about clearing Hard with only one type of weapon later. At level 46, even on my first try, I was trying to defeat Very Hard Dragon...
If there's a weapon that you just like watching in action, save it for an easy area where you don't care if you get hit or not.

that makes sense, thx. i need to beat this mode, cause i need to get the Magic Rock "Moola" for my FOnewearl...

Quo
Jan 26, 2005, 08:44 PM
On 2005-01-26 16:58, HUcastShinobi wrote:

but i dont want to use my soul eater! sheesh, that thing is so bland after 1 month (30 hours) of playing with it

Hey, it's your choice. Do you want to be stuck in the mines?

Look, you said it yourself. There are tons of enemies in every room (which is why I love the mines). Doesn't that scream "multi-targeting weapon!" to you?

Mits
Jan 26, 2005, 10:23 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mits on 2005-01-27 15:27 ]</font>

Ryuko
Jan 26, 2005, 10:35 PM
The Right arm is the Sword (Delsabers Buster), the left is the shield. And there is no Delsabers armour, It's either DB's armour, or you meant shield.

Mits
Jan 26, 2005, 10:36 PM
On 2005-01-26 19:35, Ryuko wrote:
The Right arm is the Sword (Delsabers Buster), the left is the shield. And there is no Delsabers armour, It's either DB's armour, or you meant shield.

yeah that is what i ment x_x sorry.. but ty for the help

Mits
Jan 26, 2005, 11:04 PM
Hooray!!!! i got my sword http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ty alot!

Quo
Jan 26, 2005, 11:48 PM
Try to stay on-topic, Mits.

If you haven't read the forum rules, you should do so now.

Mits
Jan 27, 2005, 07:44 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mits on 2005-01-27 10:28 ]</font>

Ryuko
Jan 27, 2005, 07:58 AM
You can always just create a new topic, there's a button for that next to the post reply one...