PDA

View Full Version : Metrosexual?

InfinityXXX
Jan 22, 2005, 01:26 PM
My friend and another girl at school says i'm a metro sexual and they want tell me what it means. I asked my mama and she said she dunno then my uncle, he doesn't know. I asked my other friends, they don't know. I looked in the dictionary, It don't know. I'm so tempted to search it on goggle but my mom like constantly cheks the history and i'm afraid something nasty might pop up.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 22, 2005, 01:30 PM
You act gay, but you really aren't.

Source: Urbandictionary.com

1. metrosexual
A straight man who embraces the homosexual lifestyle, i.e. refined tastes in clothing, excessive use of designer hygiene products, etc. Usually is on the brink of homosexuality.
Mike has become a metrosexual after shaving off his stubble and using expensive skin products to soften his cherubic facial features.
Source: Anonymous, Feb 14, 2004

InfinityXXX
Jan 22, 2005, 01:33 PM
Hey wait I don't.....O wait i do catch myself acting a bit phemened(i know i mispelled it) i guess when u grow up with only your mom, girl traits are bound to rub off on you.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 22, 2005, 02:04 PM
You'll have to compensate with guns, alcohol, and foul oders.

Zarode
Jan 22, 2005, 02:05 PM
<_< Dude, I live with my mom, yes, she is a single parent.

Girly traits don't rub off on to you, okay? (maybe because my mother is more of a tomboy then anything. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

digigram
Jan 22, 2005, 02:07 PM
here is the definition of metrosexual from someone who has been called metrosexual before and has a million friends and family that are either artists or fashion designers..

metrosexual: an open minded male figure, whose appearance and lifestyle are well groomed (be it clean shaven or not), someone that uses personal hygeine products such as moisturizing after shave, higher priced deoderant, salon brand hair styling products, buys nice shoes, is well dressed and very organized.

All in all. A male that doesn't embody shooting snot rockets, talks about women as sex objects, isn't generally racist or a bigot. but the most important factor in this and the simplest way to put it:

a straight male who is better dressed and better kept than the average flannel wearing sport loving male

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2005-01-22 11:08 ]</font>

Aredhel
Jan 22, 2005, 02:49 PM
I don't think you are a true metro until you start shaving your body.

It really, truly, does feel good. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aunt_Betty
Jan 22, 2005, 03:39 PM
Wow. Hateful spam.

Anyway, some people usually act "gay" just for the comedy. Does that make them "gay"?

KodiaX987
Jan 22, 2005, 04:25 PM
Guys, here. Look at Ben Afflek. He's been branded metrosexual. So there you go.

Alielle
Jan 22, 2005, 05:32 PM
It's a bit of an extreme case, but my friend's boyfriend spends more time getting dressed than she does. And he's obsessive about every hair being in the right place. The payoff is that he doesn't look like a slob like maybe 80% of guys his age do.

But really, what's wrong with a guy wanting to look nice? Not that "metrosexual" is exactly a negative label, but it's far from complimentary. It's normal for a woman to spend time looking good, but not for a man? Double standards are lame.

digigram
Jan 22, 2005, 07:00 PM
aredhel.... then I'm a true metrosexual... ever since I was 7 or 8 I have had a disgust with hair. totally uncomfortable.

Evil_Althena8
Jan 22, 2005, 11:56 PM
On 2005-01-22 11:49, Aredhel wrote:
I don't think you are a true metro until you start shaving your body.

It really, truly, does feel good. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

until it grows back...>_<

navci
Jan 23, 2005, 12:24 AM
On 2005-01-22 13:25, KodiaX987 wrote:
Guys, here. Look at Ben Afflek. He's been branded metrosexual. So there you go.

Jude Law.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navinator on 2005-01-23 02:09 ]</font>

AUTO_
Jan 23, 2005, 12:56 AM
Not that I'm about to go join a Ben Affleck fan club, but the dude is pretty far from metrosexual. He wears a baseball cap basically all the time, always has a 5 o'clock shadow, and most metrosexuals don't spend their spare time playing cards and gambling.

A true metrosexual example is The Rock.

pixelate
Jan 23, 2005, 03:26 AM
Look up David Beckham.

Shammed
Jan 23, 2005, 12:35 PM
Metrosexuals add unnecessary ambiguity to our world. And then there are the extreme ones who do things like get their eyebrows done to the point where they end up looking like a thin, arched line. *gag motion* There's a line between being clean, well-groomed, non-sloppy and excessively obsessed with trying to be pretty. It's only annoying to me because most people only do it so they can try their best to fit one of the many societal standards we have.

Aredhel
Jan 23, 2005, 12:55 PM
On 2005-01-22 20:56, Evil_Althena8 wrote:

until it grows back...>_<

Hehehe - well don't get lazy, then. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ABDUR101
Jan 23, 2005, 03:16 PM
On 2005-01-23 09:35, Shammed wrote:
Metrosexuals add unnecessary ambiguity to our world.

Yeah, sucks when men stop dragging their knuckles across the floor huh? =]

I don't know, I like it when someone puts effort and thought into their looks, as well as an extra mile for hygiene. The majority of guys around here just..ick, heh, gives me the fucking willies just thinking about it.

Shammed
Jan 23, 2005, 04:13 PM
On 2005-01-23 12:16, ABDUR101 wrote:

I don't know, I like it when someone puts effort and thought into their looks, as well as an extra mile for hygiene. The majority of guys around here just..ick, heh, gives me the fucking willies just thinking about it.

Well, not only is that first part a huge exxageration, but it also doesn't actually refer to what a "real metrosexual" is. I guess some people are mixing the definition up a bit, seeing it as just a clean-cut, hygienic guy, which is only one aspect of it. The word was first introduced to label heterosexual males who are borderline obsessed with hair product, manicures/pedicures, grooming, clothing, etc. Notice how none of these really encompass Bob down the street who shaves daily and wears clean, matching clothing all the time, since his routines are a lot less extreme. Or if you want a more clear definition: metrosexual= a male who has the physical, stereotypical characteristics of a homosexual male but who is actually heterosexual. Hence my whole thing about ambiguity. Ambiguity in the eyes of others as in: "So are you, or aren't you?"

To reiterate myself, the metrosexuals who dress/act the way they do that do it only because they think, "oh, this is the new trend", are the only ones that annoy me. Be yourself, sez me.

Solstis
Jan 23, 2005, 04:16 PM
On 2005-01-23 13:13, Shammed wrote:

Well, not only is that first part a huge exxageration, but it also doesn't actually refer to what a "real metrosexual" is. I guess some people are mixing the definition up a bit, seeing it as just a clean-cut, hygienic guy, which is only one aspect of it. The word was first introduced to label heterosexual males who are borderline obsessed with hair product, manicures/pedicures, grooming, clothing, etc. Notice how none of these really encompass Bob down the street who shaves daily and wears clean, matching clothing all the time, since his routines are a lot less extreme. Or if you want a more clear definition: metrosexual= a male who has the physical, stereotypical characteristics of a homosexual male but who is actually heterosexual. Hence my whole thing about ambiguity. Ambiguity in the eyes of others as in: "So are you, or aren't you?"

To reiterate myself, the metrosexuals who dress/act the way they do that do it only because they think, "oh, this is the new trend", are the only ones that annoy me. Be yourself, sez me.

Metrosexuals need giant neon signs over their heads that flash: "Sorry, I'm straight!"

Tycho
Jan 23, 2005, 05:34 PM
On 2005-01-22 11:05, Zarode wrote:
<_< Dude, I live with my mom, yes, she is a single parent.

Girly traits don't rub off on to you, okay? (maybe because my mother is more of a tomboy then anything. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

xD
I live with my mother.. but she hates me for a child and doesn't really have any influence on me. u.u;

anwserman
Jan 23, 2005, 06:13 PM
On 2005-01-23 13:16, Solstis wrote:

On 2005-01-23 13:13, Shammed wrote:

Metrosexuals need giant neon signs over their heads that flash: "Sorry, I'm straight!"

ROFL. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ancient
Jan 23, 2005, 09:49 PM
Well really what messes up everybody's view is to think Metrosexuals act like gay people. And gay people can and often are exactly the same in their habits and manerisms as strait people.
If you want to think of a metrosexual example, think of Niles and Fraiser from the Fraiser show. Those two guys are obsessed with Opera, get manicures, wear only designer outfits, and are rather obsesive compulsive about cleanliness. I hope that might paint a clearer picture.
But Metrosexual is a blanket term so dont expect any one example to fit it exactly. Currently its not an insult persay, but being labeled with a blanket statment is seldom flattering.

anwserman
Jan 23, 2005, 10:07 PM
A metrosexual is a guy who actually stays with the latest clothing trends and such, and gives a damn about his looks.

Take it as a compliment, and if they try to hold it against you, tell 'em to screw off.