PDA

View Full Version : Hide and Seek + Boogeyman

TheOneHero
Jan 23, 2005, 12:07 PM
Two movies I don't think I'll be going to see. Simply because they don't seem to be even mildly scary/entertaining.

For those who don't know about them, you can veiw the trailers here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/

Give us your thoughts/opinions. :)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-01-23 09:08 ]</font>

Dgo
Jan 23, 2005, 04:10 PM
Yes i agree i think they will blow. If anyone here got RE apocalypse they may have seen that crappy trailer for boogie guy.

Evil_Althena8
Jan 23, 2005, 06:41 PM
What the fuck is up with these lame scary movies that have been coming out lately? Boogeyman doesn't look AS bad as Hide and Seek. Hide and Seek just looks fucking stupid. Eh...they're just more movies that get girls to cling to you at movie theatres...or sissyfied guys *snicker*

_Ted_
Jan 23, 2005, 08:23 PM
Just out of curiosity, what exactly counts as a "scary movie" in your book? I see thread after thread talking about how this movie wasn't scary enough and that movie was lame; has there ever been a movie that scared you or are you just trying to find something to complain about?

TheOneHero
Jan 23, 2005, 09:02 PM
On 2005-01-23 17:23, _Ted_ wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what exactly counts as a "scary movie" in your book? I see thread after thread talking about how this movie wasn't scary enough and that movie was lame; has there ever been a movie that scared you or are you just trying to find something to complain about?

There was this one movie, that was more freaky than scarey that I saw awhile ago. The good ol' Amityville Horror. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (which is now being made again, in a nice newer version)

Allos
Jan 23, 2005, 09:03 PM
At least Hide and Seek got an R rating. I'm so tired of filmakers pushing for the PG-13 nowadays. They do it to make more money by letting in the middle school kids, but if it makes an already bad movie worse to tone it down, what's the point?

On that note, I hear they're trying the same thing with the DOOM movie.

Evil_Althena8
Jan 23, 2005, 09:25 PM

movies that are scary based off of suspense and just weird creepiness rather than special effects and gore are scary in my opinion. Signs, Exorcist(only the first time seeing it), and The Ring were pretty freaky. They didn't rely on over use of special effects.

Sayara
Jan 23, 2005, 10:01 PM
On 2005-01-23 18:25, Evil_Althena8 wrote:

movies that are scary based off of suspense and just weird creepiness rather than special effects and gore are scary in my opinion. Signs, Exorcist(only the first time seeing it), and The Ring were pretty freaky. They didn't rely on over use of special effects.

A movie that makes you think "Hey that can happen to me" and is very very realistic terror and torture is probably scarier than any Dracula Movie or whatever.

More like Suspense is the true horror card.

In relation to the 2 movies, Boogieman i did not see commercials to, i'll check that out later.

For Hide and Seek, the idea seems interesting, but this is an overused setup, Child providing the horror. I see dead people anyone?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 24, 2005, 05:18 AM
The commercial with the little girl using tired ass lines is soo freaking annoying every damn commercial break.

"I didn't do it! It was Charlie!"
"Did he tell you what happened to my mommy. Hope you don't end up like her."

Okay the second one is funny because she's all "acting evil" and crap with pigtails and black clothing when she's eating dinner or something. Yet her tone of voice is the same. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

They finally released a different one though.
Paraphrased:
"It's okay to have an imaginary friend until people start dying!

RivaOni
Jan 24, 2005, 08:15 AM
the nightmare on elm street films scared me, but i was about 6 or 7 when i saw them the first time.

aside from that, the only film to even make me jump would be Signs with mel gibson and joaquin phoenix. and that was right at the end with the aliens reflection in the tv screen, even tho i knew it was there coz it was the second time id seen it

Hrigg
Jan 25, 2005, 05:45 PM
Both of those movies look so freakin stupid... ooohhhh Boogieman... what an original idea. Hide and Seek looks dumb... So I know I won't be seeing either movie.

GuerillaPimp
Jan 26, 2005, 04:18 PM
when i was younger, Jason scared the hell out of me, but i would laugh my ass of during a Freddy movie. And as far as DOOM goes, if it gets pg-13, i will NOT go see that bullroar