PDA

View Full Version : Hunter's License Help

Yoda86
Jan 23, 2005, 07:55 PM
I can't find it anywhere on this site but I was curious how much a Hunter's license is for getting online with the XBOX version of PSO.

Thanks!

Yoda86
Jan 23, 2005, 08:05 PM
Ok, I got the answer to this one while quickly visiting the chat.

Here's a new one.

After the first two free month's of the License, can I cancel so I don't have to pay the $8.95 a month afterward and then renew that same license when I'm ready to start paying the fee?

Thanks again in advance!

shinobu_seta
Jan 23, 2005, 09:53 PM
Yes you can play for the free period and go ahead and cancel. Bear in mind though, that as soon as you cancel, your free period is up. Like...say you only played half a month and then canceled. Then the next time you get online you have to pay.

You can cancel your HL at any time on X Box and keep your characters to play offline or whatever, but you'll need to pay again whenever you resume. To my knowledge you can cancel as many times as you want. Heck, you're just giving more money to Sega, so I'm sure they don't mind ^_^

KodiaX987
Jan 23, 2005, 09:57 PM
Just for the record, this is the answer we gave him:

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=how+much+is+a+hunter%27s+license+for+PSO+XBOX+ve rsion%3F&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Yoda86
Jan 24, 2005, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the help, and thanks to the people in the chat group who helpe me out last night as well. I'll keep the two month thingy in mind. If possible can someone tell me if sega charges the $8.95 for the next month before the HL is due to expire (i'm assuming it does so there won't be a delay in playing online between months)?

BrokenHope
Jan 24, 2005, 11:13 AM
On 2005-01-23 18:53, shinobu_seta wrote:
Yes you can play for the free period and go ahead and cancel. Bear in mind though, that as soon as you cancel, your free period is up. Like...say you only played half a month and then canceled. Then the next time you get online you have to pay.

You can cancel your HL at any time on X Box and keep your characters to play offline or whatever, but you'll need to pay again whenever you resume. To my knowledge you can cancel as many times as you want. Heck, you're just giving more money to Sega, so I'm sure they don't mind ^_^

That must be different to GameCube then, because on the GC version of pso, if you cancel, it still allows you to play until the time when you should have to renew.

So say you renewed, and it said your HL was valid till a certain date, you could cancel and it would still allow you to play till that date.

shinobu_seta
Jan 24, 2005, 12:03 PM
On 2005-01-24 08:13, Broken Hope wrote:

On 2005-01-23 18:53, shinobu_seta wrote:

That must be different to GameCube then, because on the GC version of pso, if you cancel, it still allows you to play until the time when you should have to renew.

So say you renewed, and it said your HL was valid till a certain date, you could cancel and it would still allow you to play till that date.

Yeah, actually it is the same with the paid hunter's license. If he canceled it after paying, he gets to play for the remainder of that period. However when I tried out the X Box version and then canceled during the free period, I could no longer play after that. The customer service email said something about me "forfieting my trial period" or something. Strange.