PDA

View Full Version : help with diva stats plz

pso54
Jan 23, 2005, 09:36 PM
im trying to raise my kama to diva, my question is what stats should i make the dexterity, right now im planning on making dex 5 and defense 45, no mind stats, i don't want mind stats, but if neone could answer if i should make dex higher keep with my plan it'd b great thanx

EJ
Jan 23, 2005, 10:08 PM
Tellig us for which character that this mag is for would also help.

Quo
Jan 23, 2005, 11:30 PM
On 2005-01-23 18:36, pso54 wrote:
im trying to raise my kama to diva, my question is what stats should i make the dexterity, right now im planning on making dex 5 and defense 45, no mind stats, i don't want mind stats, but if neone could answer if i should make dex higher keep with my plan it'd b great thanx

The first thing you need to do is consider mag economics. You only get 200 mag levels. 5 DEF is non-negotiable.

POW and MIND levels raise your ATP/MST respectively by 2 points per mag level. DEF raises DFP by one point per level. DEX raises ATA by 1 point every 2 levels.

Since you say you want no MIND, I'm assuming this mag is for an android. I'd guess HUcast by your avatar.

Since you can raise DFP through materials, DEF on a mag is a total waste (except in some cases).

DEX on the other hand is a necessity for all but casting Forces. At first glance, DEX appears to be a greater waste than DEF. However, ATA cannot be raised through materials. In fact, the only other way to raise it is through an --/Arm unit.

The thing about HUcasts is that though they boast the highest HP and ATP in the game, they need hefty ATA boosts later on. Undoubtedly you will be using a god/arm or two, however, you will still find a high DEX score to be helpful.

So basically, what I'm trying to tell you is that you have a terrible plan for your mag.

At this point, you may be asking yourself, "All right Quo, you wise-ass know-it-all sonuvabitch, what would you recomend."

To that, I would answer: You'll do well with a 5 DEF, 145 POW, 50 DEX and 0 MIND mag on a HUcast. You may even wish to add more DEX. Remember though, that ATA increases with every 2 DEX levels, so don't let your mag have an odd DEX score or you'll have wasted a mag level.

As to your actual question, you should always check the guides before you bring your question to the fora. There's a link in my sig. There's also a link to the forum rules. If you haven't read them, I encourage you to do so.

And finally, Welcome to PSOW.

thrended
Jan 24, 2005, 12:22 AM
I made mine 5/130/65/0... depending on what you're planning to do with your character (get to lv 200, get to lv 80, max useful stats, max stats with units, etc.), you might want the POW and DEX different, but remember DEF always as 5 and DEX no lower than 50 as Quo said. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Also note that actually, at level 200, an odd number of DEX rounds ups for HUcast (not all characters, not all levels; I'm saying HUcast level 200). Note I might make mine to 5/132/63/0 if my friend confirms he has 159 and not 158 base ATA at lv 200. @_@

pso54
Jan 24, 2005, 12:40 AM
thanx quo, ya i wus just talking bout getting it to one hundred for evolution, im a humar, (yes i kno i don't kno y i use taht avatar) the reason i don't want mind is cause i don't use spells much during gameplay, usually there's a FO online with me.

im more of a hands on melee type of fighter that's y i wanted the def over dex, i wus thinking twenty five and twenty five for dex and def and fifty pow to get my diva then go from there, but ya. Any more suggestions people have would b great. thanx again

my lvl right now is 79, i've unlocked ult offline and stuff.. if that matters to neone, also my other char is a hucaseal which is y i don't want mind bcause i like to switch mags btween chars

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pso54 on 2005-01-23 21:42 ]</font>

Ryuko
Jan 24, 2005, 03:31 AM
On 2005-01-23 21:40, pso54 wrote:
thanx quo, ya i wus just talking bout getting it to one hundred for evolution, im a humar, (yes i kno i don't kno y i use taht avatar) the reason i don't want mind is cause i don't use spells much during gameplay, usually there's a FO online with me.

im more of a hands on melee type of fighter that's y i wanted the def over dex, i wus thinking twenty five and twenty five for dex and def and fifty pow to get my diva then go from there, but ya. Any more suggestions people have would b great. thanx again

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pso54 on 2005-01-23 21:42 ]</font>

If you are a "hands on melee type" of fighter, then you should definately be looking at higher dex, or you won't be able to hit anything. My Humar had a mag at 10/50/40/0 at level 100, to make his special mag. Also, if you usually play with a force on ultimate you can expect high level deband and resta, so defence is less of an issue. And if you still feel you need high defence then def mats are the way to go, being much more economical than def on a mag.

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 24, 2005, 02:12 PM
+Shakes head in disappointment+

@Quo, HUcast doesn't have the most HP in the game, RAcast does.

DEX IS THE WORST STAT ON A MAG. (Next to DEF of course.)

Allow me to let you in on a little secret.

If you equip a God/Arm it gives you 15 ATA. So to put that much ATA on a mag you would have to give it 30 levels on DEX right?

Well how about for a God/Power? It gives you 50 on ATP. So in order to have that correspond to your mag you would need to have ONLY 25 POW levels on your mag.

By using DEX on your mag, you are in essence underutilizing your character.

This is assuming that your not going UBER ATA on your character, in that case u would need DEX on your mag.

Anyways, you are MUCH better off just going as much POW as you can and just equiping God/Arms for ATA.

TheOneHero
Jan 24, 2005, 02:19 PM
On 2005-01-24 11:12, Tsudo_Plat wrote:

So, that's almost saying it's better to have mind on a mag instead of dex for an android. =/

If you equip a God/Arm it gives you 15 ATA. So to put that much ATA on a mag you would have to give it 30 levels on DEX right?

Must people don't like running around with several God/Arms on. They'd much rather be using some other units.

Uh-huh.

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 24, 2005, 02:35 PM
On 2005-01-24 11:19, TheOneHero wrote:

1)So, that's almost saying it's better to have mind on a mag instead of dex for an android. =/

2)Must people don't like running around with several God/Arms on. They'd much rather be using some other units.

3)Uh-huh.

1) I was speaking about mags in GENERAL. Of course there will be other instances. Duh.

2) What would you have instead?! 1 Slot for God/Battle and the rest you can put whatever you want. I would suggest for low levels to fill those with God/HPs and God/Arms. You have a better suggestion?

3) You trying to make a point?

TheOneHero
Jan 24, 2005, 02:44 PM
On 2005-01-24 11:35, Tsudo_Plat wrote:

1) I was speaking about mags in GENERAL. Of course there will be other instances. Duh.

That's known, my point there was dex is actually not the worst stat on a mag next to def.

2) 1 Slot for God/Battle and the rest you can put whatever you want. I would suggest for low levels to fill those with God/HPs and God/Arms. You have a better suggestion?

Ya, use HP mats, and a nice high dex mag.

3) You trying to make a point?

Yep, point being: That's bull shit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-01-24 11:44 ]</font>

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 24, 2005, 02:58 PM
On 2005-01-24 11:44, TheOneHero wrote:

You still didn't answer my question. What would u use for Slot Items then?

Gawd your a n00b. Whats your main character a HUmar or a RAmar? I'm sure you have one, your probably one of those retards that claims HUmars are "really good and have the most balanced stats."

Provide me with some solid evidence you 'tard. Not just, "Thats bull shit", "Use other stuff", etc. Where is your evidence for your opinion? You know why u have none? Because your WRONG. Get it through your head.

TheOneHero
Jan 24, 2005, 03:18 PM
On 2005-01-24 11:58, Tsudo_Plat wrote:

Some **/Resists and cure/** units.

Gawd your a n00b. Whats your main character a HUmar or a RAmar? I'm sure you have one, your probably one of those retards that claims HUmars are "really good and have the most balanced stats."

Grow up.
My characters don't decide if I'm a n00b or not. Stop flame baiting/flaming.

Provide me with some solid evidence you 'tard. Not just, "Thats bull shit", "Use other stuff", etc. Where is your evidence for your opinion? You know why u have none? Because your WRONG. Get it through your head.

My evidence, is your posts. I figured you had the intelligence to see that. Guess I was wrong.

Having dex on your mag does NOT: "underutilizing your character." (as you put it.) In fact, you're actually making them better. More dex = more ATA = better chance of hitting an enemy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-01-24 12:32 ]</font>

Eanae
Jan 24, 2005, 03:25 PM

Stop the flamming. HUmars do have really balanced stats. He excells in nothing, and is all-around good. He's not too strong is he? The definition of balanced isn't killing everything with one swipe. I'm guessing you haven't read the rules since you're resulting to name calling, so knock the flames off now. If you don't have something worth while to add to the thread, don't.

Edit: Here is the rule too.

Flaming
We will not tolerate flames of any nature. Flames include posts that clearly insult other members. We will not tolerate name calling, harassment, insults, offesive remarks and insinuations.

Edit #2: Your sig is also too big. Now I know you really haven't read the rules. It's even stated right where you put the sig in. Way to pay attention to details.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eanae on 2005-01-24 12:36 ]</font>

PhotonDrop
Jan 24, 2005, 03:40 PM

Gawd your a n00b. Whats your main character a HUmar or a RAmar?

*looks at his sig*

hahaha, trying to tell us something about yourself?

Besides you have this whole mag and slot items things wrong.

screw the God/HPs, thats why there are HP Materials, screw God/Arms thats why your Mag has a Dex stat.

Slots are better off used for something more useful like Cure/whatevers, your Battle unit, or some resists.

Quo
Jan 24, 2005, 04:30 PM

*follows suit*

@Quo, HUcast doesn't have the most HP in the game, RAcast does.

They used to anyway. Back in the day

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Allow me to let you in on a little secret.

Well how about for a God/Power? It gives you 50 on ATP. So in order to have that correspond to your mag you would need to have ONLY 25 POW levels on your mag.

Hell of a secret there.

In terms of stat boost economics you are 100% correct. The best mag for total stat boosting has 5 DEF and 0 DEX.

Realistically, this doesn't work at all. Anyone planning to do any physical damage at all is going to need ATA. This is non-negotiable. There are only two sources for ATA. Units and mag DEX. This is different from DFP, MST and ATP which can be boosted through material, mag levels and units.

So which units will you use. God/Battle of course. One God/Arm for sure. In several areas you will need to use a Resist/Devil or a Cure unit and PB/Create is fun on Androids. So we have two slots taken and two where we can switch stuff back and forth. Let's say you fill those two slots with God/Arms and completely neglect DEX, after all, 2 God/arms are the equivalent of 60 DEX levels. So my question is, what happens when you need to equip those resist or cure units? Well, I'll tell you what happens. You switch your God/Arms for the cure or resist units and take a huge hit to ATA. All of a sudden, you can't hit anything anymore. The weakest of enemies hands you your ass because you just can't kill them before they surround you and beat you into the ground. Or, you keep you God/Arms. Now your getting shocked, frozen and megid'd'd'd like no ones business. Your scapes are gone, the hunters and rangers are out of Moons and the forces are like "Well, fuck that." You have excessive power and no accuracy. In other words, You suck hardcore, dude.

Now, Hypothetically, just hypothetically, I fill those two extra slots with God/Power and give my mag 60 DEX. Oh my fucking God! I have 20 less ATP than Tsudo_Plat. I am so much weaker. How could I possibly hope to keep up with the team? Did you catch the sarcasm? Good. Now I replace the God/Powers with resist and cure units. Hey, whaddya know. I can still hit just as consistently! As for that 100 point ATP loss, I'll be doing about 30 less damage per hit. Thereabouts. Rough estimate. On top of that, I can make up the ATP difference with Materials. You can't cover your accuracy loss at all.

Can you see the difference?

Buy in all this this arguing, we haven't really given PSO54 the answer he was looking for.

At level 100 you should shoot for a mag with 5 DEF 45 DEX and 50 Power. As long as a Viridia, Blueful, Redria, or Whitill Hunter male feeds the mag the last item it will become Deva.

This is what I do to get the mags I want with the proper stats and what are considered to be the best photon blasts. Start with a baby mag (lvl 5). Feed it antidotes with a Ranger until it reaches level 10. It will gains the Estila PB. Continue feeding it antidote until it evolves at level 35. As long as It's second form (1st evolution) was Kalki, it will evolve into Mitra as long as DEX is it highest stat no matter what kind of character raises it to lvl 35. It will gain the PB pilla. Feed it antiparalysis with a Viridia, Yellowboze, Redria, Skyly or Purplenum Hunter until It evolves at level 50. It will gain the PB Mylla & Youlla. Continue feeding it Antiparalysis until its DEX is 45. Raise it to lvl 100 by feeding it only Dimates.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2005-01-24 14:15 ]</font>

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 24, 2005, 04:30 PM
On 2005-01-24 12:25, Eanae wrote:

Stop the flamming. HUmars do have really balanced stats. He excells in nothing, and is all-around good. He's not too strong is he? The definition of balanced isn't killing everything with one swipe. I'm guessing you haven't read the rules since you're resulting to name calling, so knock the flames off now. If you don't have something worth while to add to the thread, don't.

Edit: Here is the rule too.

Flaming
We will not tolerate flames of any nature. Flames include posts that clearly insult other members. We will not tolerate name calling, harassment, insults, offesive remarks and insinuations.

Edit #2: Your sig is also too big. Now I know you really haven't read the rules. It's even stated right where you put the sig in. Way to pay attention to details.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eanae on 2005-01-24 12:36 ]</font>

[off topic]
Congratulations Eanae, you hypocrite. You just not only went completely off-topic, but you obviously haven't read the rules either. You could have easily just PMed me that. Congrats! >_<

As far as me flaming? Did u read his first post?

Last time I checked, offensive language wasn't allowed, neither were:

offesive remarks

But I guess I am the only one in the wrong. You do realize that this is a message board built in order to discuss things. I provided factual evidence to back my OPINIONS, I didn't tell anyone that they were full of shyt, (not at first at least), neither did I make statements that had no backing.

If you want to report me to a mod, then feel free. I will get a warning at the worst since I have done nothing wrong. Oh and as far as my sig being too big... get a life. Is that all you can hit me with, "YOU SIG IS TOO BIG!!!111one". Wow. +Once again shakes head in disappointment+
[/off topic]

Anyways, as I mentioned before, you are better off going as much POW as you can on your mag. I would recommend the following, IF Section ID permits:

Mag Stats:
DEF: 5
POW: 149
DEX: 46
MIND: 0

Now obviously you can't just run out and magically get God/Arms, God/HPs, HP mats, etc. So I would suggest that you attempt to hunt a God/Arm. If I knew what section IDs you have I could suggest the best course to take, but I don't, so I would suggest trying to get a God/Arm or two. The easiest way I find is to get it from Dubchics in Very Hard. Dr. Osto's Research and run to the room on the right. Kill all the Dubs then restart. Shouldn't take too long.

I strongly doubt whether you can go out an "max on HP mats" either, since they are not the easiest Mats in the world to find. So if you have a Skyly then I would HIGHLY SUGGEST you pipe a God/HP from a Very Hard Nar Lily. It will help you out a lot.

Its really up to you though. If you want to put more DEX on your mag, then feel free, but IMO you are making a bad decision.

Good luck with the Deva and let me know how things go! =)

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 24, 2005, 04:45 PM
On 2005-01-24 13:30, Quo wrote:

Hell of a secret there.

In terms of stat boost economics you are 100% correct. The best mag for total stat boosting has 5 DEF and 0 DEX.

Realistically, this doesn't work at all. Anyone planning to do any physical damage at all is going to need ATA. This is non-negotiable. There are only two sources for ATA. Units and mag DEX. This is different from DFP, MST and ATP which can be boosted through material, mag levels and units.

So which units will you use. God/Battle of course. One God/Arm for sure. In several areas you will need to use a Resist/Devil or a Cure unit and PB/Create is fun on Androids. So we have two slots taken and two where we can switch stuff back and forth. Let's say you fill those two slots with God/Arms and completely neglect DEX, after all, 2 God/arms are the equivalent of 60 DEX levels. So my question is, what happens when you need to equip those resist or cure units? Well, I'll tell you what happens. You switch your God/Arms for the cure or resist units and take a huge hit to ATA. All of a sudden, you can't hit anything anymore. The weakest of enemies hands you your ass because you just can't kill them before they surround you and beat you into the ground. Or, you keep you God/Arms. Now your getting shocked, frozen and megid'd'd'd like no ones business. Your scapes are gone, the hunters and rangers are out of Moons and the forces are like "Well, fuck that." You have excessive power and no accuracy. In other words, You suck hardcore, dude.

Now, Hypothetically, just hypothetically, I fill those two extra slots with God/Power and give my mag 60 DEX. Oh my fucking God! I have 20 less ATP than Tsudo_Plat. I am so much weaker. How could I possibly hope to keep up with the team? Did you catch the sarcasm? Good. Now I replace the God/Powers with resist and cure units. Hey, whaddya know. I can still hit just as consistently! As for that 100 point ATP loss, I'll be doing about 30 less damage per hit. Thereabouts. Rough estimate.

Can you see the difference?

What are you talking about? Seriously. Just straight up, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Slots according to you:
God/Battle
God/Arm - PB/Create
Useable
Useable

Now if I want to use 2 God/Arms, lets see here then, that would mean I would have slots like this:

Slots:
God/Battle
God/Arm (replacing "FUN TO USE" PB/Create)
God/Arm
Whatever you want here.

I liked how in your example you always kept the PB/Create, boy cuz thats a GREAT IDEA! Lets get PB faster instead of equipping a Cure/unit, etc.

BTW, have you ever heard of Sol Atomizers? I've played EVERY QUEST and EVERY AREA in PSO and I have only ONCE ran out of Sols in one run, and that was because of freakin Vol Opt.

So, if you do things MY WAY. You will be doing that extra damage, have equal ATA and barely have less PB. Besides PBs are typically only good when comboed and unless everyone else has PB/Creates they wont have their PB, so you just get to sit there and wait for them. BOY SOUNDS LIKE FUN!

As I have stated before, if you are looking ONLY AT STATS, then my approach is the BEST. I said nothing about, "WHAT IF THERE ARE A MILLION ENEMIES THAT SHOCK YOU EVERY SECOND, HUH?!?!", those are all hypothetical instances. Yes in that case I can see why u would use a Cure/Shock, (assuming he has one).

If you all want to sit here and argue over this, then be my guest. Numbers don't lie.

Quo
Jan 24, 2005, 05:37 PM
On 2005-01-24 13:45, Tsudo_Plat wrote:

What are you talking about? Seriously. Just straight up, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Slots according to you:
God/Battle
God/Arm - PB/Create
Useable
Useable

Now if I want to use 2 God/Arms, lets see here then, that would mean I would have slots like this:

Slots:
God/Battle
God/Arm (replacing "FUN TO USE" PB/Create)
God/Arm
Whatever you want here.

I liked how in your example you always kept the PB/Create, boy cuz thats a GREAT IDEA! Lets get PB faster instead of equipping a Cure/unit, etc.

No, no. You misunderstand. What I meant was:
1: God/Battle
2: God/Arm
3: --
4: --

Without Mag DEX you replace the -- slots with God/Arms, giving you a total of 3 God/Arms.

With Mag DEX you replace the -- slots with whatever you damn well please, such as PB/Create, God/Power, Cure units, Resist Units or whatever. The PB/Create is not a set unit. In fact I only threw that in there because it's a unit I like to use. It's entirely your preference.

BTW, have you ever heard of Sol Atomizers? I've played EVERY QUEST and EVERY AREA in PSO and I have only ONCE ran out of Sols in one run, and that was because of freakin Vol Opt.

Yes, you could use sols. Though they cost money, aren't always in the shop and you can only hold 10 at a time. Or you could equip a Cure/Shock. Never need to check the stores for sols, never need to pick them up, never spend a dime on one, never be shocked and never having to find them in your shortcut menu while you run around trying not to get thrashed.

So, if you do things MY WAY. You will be doing that extra damage, have equal ATA and barely have less PB. Besides PBs are typically only good when comboed and unless everyone else has PB/Creates they wont have their PB, so you just get to sit there and wait for them. BOY SOUNDS LIKE FUN!

I think I answered this above.

As I have stated before, if you are looking ONLY AT STATS, then my approach is the BEST. I said nothing about, "WHAT IF THERE ARE A MILLION ENEMIES THAT SHOCK YOU EVERY SECOND, HUH?!?!", those are all hypothetical instances. Yes in that case I can see why u would use a Cure/Shock, (assuming he has one).

I agree, If your only looking at stats, your way is the best. But If your actually playing the game, you can count on getting your ass kicked.

As for the million enemies who shock you each second, did'ya ever play mountain? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

rena-ko
Jan 24, 2005, 06:42 PM
alright, this thread lost its point, thus closeage.

furthermore,
one warning for Tsudo_Plat for obvious reasons.

you should shape up your behaviour or go look around for another forum to spam in, because you scored 2 warnings now and its like in baseball:

3 strikes and youre out.

have a nice day.