PDA

View Full Version : how to level up so darn fast!

PrinceRa
Jan 23, 2005, 10:49 PM
how do u guys do it? i'm an offline player, which i dont think has anything to do w/it, but i cant level up very fast at all. i hear people say, "oh, hey, btw, i have a new character and he's on very hard" and i'm thinkin "whoa! it took me a frikin' eternity to get to very hard mode!" i'm just wondering, if you have any tips for leveling up faster, can u tell me? i'm freakin slow at this game...

Ryna
Jan 23, 2005, 10:54 PM
On 2005-01-23 19:49, PrinceRa wrote:
how do u guys do it? i'm an offline player, which i dont think has anything to do w/it, but i cant level up very fast at all. i hear people say, "oh, hey, btw, i have a new character and he's on very hard" and i'm thinkin "whoa! it took me a frikin' eternity to get to very hard mode!" i'm just wondering, if you have any tips for leveling up faster, can u tell me? i'm freakin slow at this game...

Usually what is happening is that a person is passing down weapons from a higher-level character to his/her new character. This is known as "twinking". Depending on the items you hand down and the new character, it can be fairly trivial to clear Normal - Very Hard mode.

Also, you might want to slow down on pressing the submit button...

PrinceRa
Jan 23, 2005, 10:58 PM
yeah, i started doing that, but it still takes a little while to level up high enough to use those weapons, but i've also done the same thing with my mags (Ty currently uses a railgun to fire instead of a rod because of his mags) but i'm also trying to make a mag for him that'll increase his magic so when i'm up in very hard mode or whatnot, i'll start using canes and rods, unless i've become too fond of his handguns, lol. btw, i panicked when i saw about four of the same subject, lol

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jan 23, 2005, 11:01 PM
There's numbers of quests online that allow you to get more EXP in short periods of time. That and there's more enemies online and I think enemies give more EXP online.

EJ
Jan 23, 2005, 11:04 PM
Enemies only give more exp on ult but yea the reason many lvl so fast is because they do power lvling that involve TTF or some other quest that give quick and easy exp.

Sitka
Jan 23, 2005, 11:39 PM
I can take a level 1 player to ultimate in a weekend pretty easily.

You start by giving the new player all the advantages a team of high level players can pass on. A level 200 mag with either Pow, Dex or Mind, depending on what character you are power leveling. Passing on some 50% hit charge weapons that can be wielded by a lower level character helps immensely. Add four slot frames with God units, a power mat feeding schedule (again, help from your team who has been collecting and storing all those wonderul mats) and you're ready to go.

I usually pursue the Episode II route, running Temple-Spaceship-Control Tower-Seabeds through normal-hard-very hard into ultimate. It's hard, but if you know the areas real well, know where the spawns are, know the weaknesses (for forces) and use scapes/telepipes frequently, you can work a character into ultimate between level 36 and 40.

Now you are ready for power leveling. Soul of a Blacksmith and my favorite, Retired Hunter in either very hard or ultimate mode depending on how you are surviving run over and over again will get a character up to 80 pretty fast. Again, with concerted effort, I can do it in a weekend.

Now at 80, jump online and run TTF with friends - over and over again.

That's power leveling at its best.

Nai_Calus
Jan 24, 2005, 12:10 AM
Control Tower? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You mean Gal Da Val...

Offline quests can be your friend for levelling. Plus there's always just playing, trying to get to the next area/difficulty, and you can level up pretty well doing just that(Since, face it, if you're not twinked, you probably won't make much below 60 for Ult unless you really know what you're doing and can get enough HP/Scapes, so you'll probably have to do a few runs of an area before you can pass it).

Sitka
Jan 24, 2005, 12:13 AM
Yes Ian - I meant Gal de Val

I was just thinking Jungle-Mountain-Seaside = Control Tower kinda thing.

The hardest part of that whole picture is winding through those Sinows just prior to fighting Gal Gryphon. And i absolutely hate shock monkeys - if you don't have a cure shock equipped, they can be the most annoying creatures in all of PSO - but that's another rant.

Flashlight
Jan 24, 2005, 05:19 AM
I'm also an offlien player and got like 3 chars on ultimate.

I just beat the shit out of the dragon and ... forgot it's name http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (the snake)...

Then you can kick the robots ass very easly(they fall down so thats a huge advantage and give more points then the enemy's in caves)And when you face Vol Opt...what I think that is the most easiest boss... just kick his ass adn then start over again... Thats how I do it...whit Rangers you have this huge advantage whit Shot's...My Ranger levels up pretty fast whit the Guilty Light and Final Impact...

And btw... It goes much faster when u get more expierence...you build more tactics by yourself... like 1 very usefull..I think http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif... Go play quest where u got help from the beginning...just let that guy or girl stand i nfrotn of you so he/she will get attacked...he/she will inflict all damage while you just kick the enemy's ass from a distance whit a mechgun/pistol... but don't forget to heal him/her... I thin kthat the best way for leveling up is to have sum1 that helps you...

I wish you luck...and btw..from the beginning I thought that I never made it to the level of KIREEK(36)...nor that I managed to get to Ultimate...

I wish yah luck mate...

Xion1
Jan 24, 2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah im lvl 103 so its going to take an extremly long time to lvl up again. So I will take a nap, or something!

Jasam
Jan 24, 2005, 02:56 PM
i got to Ult at level 60 in one day with no tweeks using my Hucast.... I simply knew what I needed... i saved every Hp unit i found for falz v.hard. got 4 slot armour at about 20... and just balsted through all the areas rising a mag as I went, I did it in ep.1 did no quests, and the only area i had to do twice was the normal caves. (boss beat me due to lack or sword and slicer).
Its just a matter of knowing what your doing.
Once in Ult power leveling is soooo easy.

Sitka
Jan 24, 2005, 03:15 PM
Right on Jasam.

I like playing that way as well. It's like a really long c-mode game, but you get to pipe.

Not for the faint of heart though - playing that way is pretty much an all-day event.

KveerRaven
Jan 24, 2005, 04:00 PM
Took me about a weekend to get K'veer Raven to Ult. Remember, I'm offline only and I don't multiplayer much so I got there by level 75. Then, after that, I got to 116 by weeks time. Having good hit% weapons, good stat level 200 mags, frames and units help a lot. Plus, knowing the map and the general spawn points of enemies can help a bit as well.

PrinceRa
Jan 24, 2005, 07:55 PM
i know this is a little off topic, but i didnt think it deserved a new topic, are people online generally kind? like, would they do favors for meseta? or is meseta pretty much worthless there? can someone clue me in on this?

Skorpius
Jan 24, 2005, 08:00 PM
Meseta is easy to come by, yes it is useless.

An armor in ultiimate sells for about 5k, and.. on average, I can pick up about 10 armors. 50k a trip isn;t so much, especially for a Heat Sword which rewards you with 15k afterwards.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jan 24, 2005, 08:01 PM
I've never seen anyone do things for meseta online. Usually they'd demand rares, materials, or grinders. As for people online being generally kind, I don't think so. I guess it depends on who you talk to.

PrinceRa
Jan 24, 2005, 08:04 PM
yeah, i didnt think so...but i could see people wanting rares, materials, and grinders...i guess high leveled people just dont value meseta anymore

digigram
Jan 24, 2005, 08:05 PM
I got to ULT offline without twinks at lvl 52 with a RAcast. Really, it's just determination to get the experience... passing all the levels helps..and doesn't take long... the 1 to 52 thing took about a day. from normal to ULT... there are some quests offline that you can do over and over again that supply a fair amount of experience but finishing the difficulties offline in spare time helps tremendously.

kazuma56
Jan 24, 2005, 08:22 PM
well if you have an 2 controllers you can always do multiplayer runs, with a tweaked character and a character that is higher than lvl 100, you should be able to go through episode 1 in no time, you just put the high lvl in the room, enemies will try attacking him/her. he will block, using the other controller, make the lower lvl kill the enemies without any hassle.

otherwise, giving a character a god or devil battle is overkill from normal-hard and some of V.hard, you will attack faster than enemies do and will cut down time it takes to lvl because you will be mowing down enemies faster. Also, general knowledge of the area like may others have said, is always good to know.

PrinceRa
Jan 24, 2005, 08:27 PM
i have another off-topic question (sorry guys) what is the deal with challenge mode? i've never gone to it, so what do u do? i'm about to try it now...

PrinceRa
Jan 24, 2005, 08:30 PM
On 2005-01-24 17:27, PrinceRa wrote:
i have another off-topic question (sorry guys) what is the deal with challenge mode? i've never gone to it, so what do u do? i'm about to try it now...

please disregard this, i just read about it in the instruction manual. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TheOneHero
Jan 24, 2005, 08:39 PM
On 2005-01-24 17:30, PrinceRa wrote:

On 2005-01-24 17:27, PrinceRa wrote:

please disregard this, i just read about it in the instruction manual. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

There is an "edit" button.

You could have just used that to change/delete your post. =/

PrinceRa
Jan 24, 2005, 08:41 PM
gah, sorry, i'm new at this message board thing...

TheOneHero
Jan 24, 2005, 08:44 PM
On 2005-01-24 17:41, PrinceRa wrote:
gah, sorry, i'm new at this message board thing...

It's fine. Just try not to make a habit out of it. ;p

On topic- As probably already said, power leveling is how most people do it. So learn the areas (since your offline for the moment) and just blast your way to ultimate. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Evil_Althena8
Jan 24, 2005, 09:18 PM
On 2005-01-24 17:00, Skorpius wrote:
Meseta is easy to come by, yes it is useless.

An armor in ultiimate sells for about 5k, and.. on average, I can pick up about 10 armors. 50k a trip isn;t so much, especially for a Heat Sword which rewards you with 15k afterwards.

I find myself scrounging for Meseta with my FOs all the frickin time. I don't play online, and playing offline multi with friends with a FO takes a shitload of meseta to buy Trifluids with. My characters can NEVER have too much Meseta.

shinobu_seta
Jan 24, 2005, 09:22 PM
"Twinking?" I've never heard of that term ^_^;

But yeah, handing down Mags that I've already previously raised to maximum is the way I usually take care of my power leveling. Just wait till you have 2 or 3 more characters, and always raise new mags around the clock, and you'll never have trouble power leveling.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shinobu_seta on 2005-01-24 18:22 ]</font>

EphekZ
Jan 25, 2005, 01:37 AM
I call em hand me downs works great

Fossil
Jan 25, 2005, 04:50 PM
I haven't read anything in this topic, so nobody get an attitude if I mention something you posted because I don't care.

Fastest way I know of to level offline is Soul of a Blacksmith repeatedly. Only do the forest portion. Skip most all rooms that you don't have to go through to get to the dragon.

Online - As of right now, Maximum Attack Version 2 is the best quest for leveling up I think. Maybe for higher leveled people, but I'm averaging at or over 110k a run and I must say it's fun to get good exp and play 3 different areas with chances at some awesome rares.

Other than that, Heat Sword is popular for tollaw slaying and some quick exp.

TTF is propbably the most popular quest for leveling up. 150-160k a run considering you get hits on most everything, and also depending on who gets the final hit on Falz. ;o

Ryna
Jan 25, 2005, 07:24 PM
On 2005-01-24 18:22, shinobu_seta wrote:
"Twinking?" I've never heard of that term ^_^;

Here is a good definition for it:

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/t/twink.htm

sviatgabor
Jan 26, 2005, 04:00 AM
One question:

I'm new to this forum and I played v2 on DC with one character so far, offline only.

How do you transfer items from one character to another on dreamcast?

Hrith
Jan 26, 2005, 06:05 AM
On Dreamcast, you can't.

Tycho
Jan 26, 2005, 07:06 AM
To really powerlevel without having to feel guilty for people helping you..

Have four people all make a new character at the same time (one FO, at least one RA and HU), all twinked well , and do speed TTFs.. xP
I think this way, if all of your team has enough time, you could all hit level 100 in a day. x_x;

sviatgabor
Jan 26, 2005, 07:27 AM
On 2005-01-26 04:06, Tycho wrote:
To really powerlevel without having to feel guilty for people helping you..

Have four people all make a new character at the same time (one FO, at least one RA and HU), all twinked well , and do speed TTFs.. xP
I think this way, if all of your team has enough time, you could all hit level 100 in a day. x_x;

That's a LOT of levels in 1 day!!!

sviatgabor
Jan 26, 2005, 07:27 AM
On 2005-01-26 03:05, Kef wrote:
On Dreamcast, you can't.

Ah, makes my life a bit tougher...

Ryna
Jan 26, 2005, 11:02 AM
On 2005-01-26 01:00, sviatgabor wrote:
How do you transfer items from one character to another on dreamcast?

The only way to transfer items is to play online and find a trustworthy friend. You make a game, have the friend join you, drop the item, have your friend pick it up, switch characters, come back, have your friend drop the item, and you pick it back up. There is no offline mechanism for transferring items.

Vixy
Dec 9, 2016, 02:37 AM
There is tons of ways to power level, if you're solo I'd just recommend grinding ANH (A New Hope) the Temple VR area and resetting in Ultimate you can easily get 90k+ in just temple.
However if you have more than yourself I'd recommend doing TTF (Towards the Future) but there's a catch, you want to reset the quest right after defeating De Rol Le. A combined total of ~ 32k experience, I've managed to finish the caves in under 6 minutes. Which averages to about 320k/hour. Minus your setup time you're looking at about 290k/hour if you're really working for it. Which in turn means you could potentially reach level 200 in about 400 in game hours.