PDA

View Full Version : Hunt for Dark Gene and Red Ring

Saigan
Jan 23, 2005, 11:33 PM
I hope there isn't already a similar topic up like this but I have become increasingly curious as to the existence of Dark Gene and Red Ring items. The items ARE in the game because hackers have succeeded in going into the code and opening them.
I'm no hacker but I'm happy to accept this as proof of their existence because on the GC data is never server-side; you can only see on screen what exists on your game disc.
It's been sometime since I played online and I'm not up to speed on rumors. I hear that an Oran Japanese player proved that he found Dark Gene on Olga Flow in Ultimate which gives me some hope.
My goal: find both the Dark Gene and Red Ring.
I plan to scour every rumor on a legitimate way of obtaining them but I can't stand to play online due to the incredible amount of AR-users, dupe-users and dupe-creators.
Does anyone out there know anything about the japanese player who got Dark Gene? What character was he using? What weapons did he use? Online or offline?
I am willing to gamble that getting dark gene is somehow dependent on causing Flowen to appear, an occurance which almost everyone has seen. But what have people attempted to do during this occurence? Maybe they need to wear all three Flowen items or even attack flowen with a red weapon.
I am open to any ideas and aid. Who wants to find the elusive red ring as well?

Quo
Jan 23, 2005, 11:40 PM
Check the stickies. Especially ones that say "READ BEFORE POSTING: Parasitic Gene: FLOW" and whatnot. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=84571&forum=7&0)

Mixfortune
Jan 24, 2005, 12:36 AM
To add, anything you can possibly think of HAS been thought of and tried. Don't even bother now. If it can't be gotten, it can't be gotten. Just because something exists on the disc, doesn't mean there's an obligation that a player can even get it.

Red Ring and Gene Flow are/will be on BB.

chaser123
Jan 24, 2005, 12:39 AM
ihave a gene flow i went through ultimate olga flow over 50 times to get a parasitic gene flow i used a viridia lvl 190

Blue-Hawk
Jan 24, 2005, 12:45 AM
On 2005-01-23 21:39, chaser123 wrote:
ihave a gene flow i went through ultimate olga flow over 50 times to get a parasitic gene flow i used a viridia lvl 190

Riiiight. And I have a Nano Dragon's Head that turns into a cannon usable ONLY by Fomarls.

Tsudo_Plat
Jan 24, 2005, 01:19 PM
Well, have fun getting a drop rate of 0%. For those of you that aren't math wizs out there, I'll break it down for you!

If you did 50 Ultimate Seabed runs per day and did that for 10 years, do you know what your chances would be? They would be somewhere between the odds of pigs flying, and it raining cats and dogs. Which just so happens to be NEVER! You cannot get it, YET, if even EVER. Do not waste your time. Yes the drop rate is technically set to 1/81, but as lots of people have mentioned before, their DROP ANYTHING rate is set to 0, so they CANNOT drop the gene or red ring.

Sorry.

Sitka
Jan 24, 2005, 01:35 PM
We could have some real fun here if ST would activate that drop rate..........

Can't you hear the claims/counter-claims now?

Saigan
Jan 24, 2005, 01:44 PM
I'm sorry I missed the sticky (bold and bright red text of course) but I still think there may be some possibilities that have yet to be explored.
Say for example that ST plans on the Dark Gene and Red Ring made available on a specific date. Maybe the gamecube needs to be set to that date. I would almost suggest setting the cube date to each of the PS game launches.
Just a passing thought.

TheOneHero
Jan 24, 2005, 01:47 PM
On 2005-01-24 10:44, Saigan wrote:

Say for example that ST plans on the Dark Gene and Red Ring made available on a specific date. Maybe the gamecube needs to be set to that date.

Nope. Not gonna happen.

Quo
Jan 24, 2005, 02:52 PM
On 2005-01-24 10:47, TheOneHero wrote:

On 2005-01-24 10:44, Saigan wrote:

Say for example that ST plans on the Dark Gene and Red Ring made available on a specific date. Maybe the gamecube needs to be set to that date.

Nope. Not gonna happen.

Right. And the reason is that if ST did release it, the update would have to be made from their end. Your gamecube date wouldn't matter because it can't effect the Sonic Team servers.

People have searched through the very code of the game. It cannot drop. At all. Ever. Unless released by sonic team, and then it would only drop online and only after sonic team makes the update.

Eanae
Jan 24, 2005, 03:31 PM
Red ring and gene flow are Blue Burst Exclusive. According to Arsilan, both items are stated in Sonic Teams strategy guide. However, there is no proof that they are released as of yet, but chances are, there are plans to do so.

chaser123
Jan 24, 2005, 06:38 PM
if you dont belive me nxt time yoyu see me online ill show you my dark bridge

Kuea
Jan 24, 2005, 06:42 PM
On 2005-01-24 15:38, chaser123 wrote:
if you dont belive me nxt time yoyu see me online ill show you my dark bridge

and I can show you my dark bridge, flow and meteor

why, they were all gained legitly by killing olga flow and just getting luck o.o