PDA

View Full Version : Summit Moon vs. Twinkle Star

Evil_Althena8
Jan 24, 2005, 09:29 PM
So I was just comparing the two. I've been thinking about getting a Star Amplifier to make a Twinkle Star lately. I already have a Summit Moon for my FOney. But...Summit Moon seems vastly superior in my eyes. Summit Moon boosts techs by 30% while Twinkle is by 20%. The database says Summit Moon boosts defense by 45...but I've actually never took notice of this myself. They both offer the same MST boost, and Summit Moon's MST requirement is 20 lower than Twinkle. So why should I bother with a Twinkle Star? The only thing I can think of why Twinkle would be better is that it's grinding requirements on a wand arent't as much as for a cane. Any thoughts on this?

Quo
Jan 24, 2005, 09:34 PM
Summit Moon wins. The End.

There is no point in making a Twinkle Star if you have a Summit Moon. You basically summed up all the points.

Save the Star Amplifier for a Brightness Circle or something.

Ryuko
Jan 24, 2005, 09:35 PM
I'm pretty sure that summit moon boosts EVP by 45, not DEF (Will check later). The only reason you might want to change is for the different speeds in tech casting offered by different classes when using a weapon. I prefer to use the sumit moon on my Fomarl, but thats mostly because it and her are both red XP.

Sayara
Jan 24, 2005, 09:44 PM
Like any other mace, it boosts Evp.
It also boosts Mst too. And gives you DECENT Atp boost for a FO weapon. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Twinkle Star is for cute factor, Cuz like it glitters!

Skorpius
Jan 24, 2005, 10:24 PM
Which is better:

Twinkle Star and Aura Field

or

Summit Moon and Brightness Circle

:o?

Ryna
Jan 24, 2005, 10:28 PM
On 2005-01-24 19:24, Skorpius wrote:
Which is better:

Twinkle Star and Aura Field

or

Summit Moon and Brightness Circle

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif?

Are you only taking looks into consideration? If so, Summit Moon and Brightness Circle would be my choice.

Nai_Calus
Jan 24, 2005, 10:34 PM
Summit Moon and the simple fact that made armors suck. >_>

Skorpius
Jan 24, 2005, 10:47 PM
OK, go pipe your Aura.

OH WAIT!!

Nai_Calus
Jan 25, 2005, 12:11 AM
Why would I want an Aura Field? It's the ugliest armor in the game, and if you can't get by at higher levels without one, you fail at PSO. >_>;

And as for Brightness Circle, found one. Quite a bit better than the crappy base stat made one. ;o

And piping? Pfft. Go run ORAN Temple until you find a Mil. Kill said Mil, it's a 1/2 drop. No worse than hunting any other rare enemy for an item, and it will almost certainly be better than the made one.

Skorpius
Jan 25, 2005, 12:53 AM
Being picky about stats is bad. :l

Nai_Calus
Jan 25, 2005, 01:05 AM
On 2005-01-24 21:53, Skorpius wrote:
Being picky about stats is bad. :l

Which negates every single 'best character' argument ever made, heh. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/heartcookie.gif And I will be picky when for a little more effort I can get something that will in all likelihood be better, and will also provide decent exp while I look for it. >_>

Skorpius
Jan 25, 2005, 01:26 AM
On 2005-01-24 22:05, Ian-KunX wrote:
Which negates every single 'best character' argument ever made, heh.
Sure does. Makes us look stupid, eh?

On topic: Go with what you like, it doesn't really matter too much what you use as long as you like using it.

Sitka
Jan 25, 2005, 10:28 AM
Summit Moon.

I've used both extensively and thought the Twinkle Star was a nice weapon for my FOnewearl - until I finally could make a Summit Moon. Only weapon she uses right now.

Brightness Circle I have; Aura Field I do not.

My Racaseal can now handle Temple well enough to make those repeated Temple runs that Ian talks about (Oran ID). Thank God for Respective Tomorrow. Delsaber's Shield, 4 x Devil Resist and run after run to that little Ob Field in the back. I've picked up three Mils in the past week while heading back for the Wis collection. Got a pair of Windmills thus far.

Vecte
Jan 27, 2005, 12:38 AM
gotta go wit summit

Tycho
Jan 27, 2005, 09:39 AM
On 2005-01-24 22:05, Ian-KunX wrote:

Which negates every single 'best character' argument ever made, heh.

That way FOmarl would sort of win for range bonuses. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

And Twinkle Star looks cuter, how could you not have figured that out on yourself? >_>

Akulamenuri
Jan 27, 2005, 08:15 PM
Usefulness- Summit Moon

Looks- Twinkle Star