PDA

View Full Version : Some people....

Blue-Hawk
Jan 25, 2005, 01:02 AM
Some people just shouldn't be let out of the house or even procreate. These are two things that happened with them tonight at my job.

Ok, I work at a shoe outlet.... And anyone that calls me Al Bundy gets either shot or stabbed by Navi. So, the first lady walks in with her kid. I greet them and see if the kid needs to be measured. No problems here, but as they walked to the kids shoes, she said outright, and I quote- 'We're probably going to be here all fucking night.' In fron of her 4 year old kid and a couple of other customers I had. Some mother she must be.

Lady #2 walks in with her teenage daughter and 12 year old son. I greet them as per usual, and she gives the son her cell phoneand tells him to stay in the front because she was waiting for a call and had no reception in the middle of the store. Normal enough. We even had a discussion about cell phones and providers. Once again, normal enough. A few minutes later, the kid is all over the front of the store calling out how many bars of antenna he has. Annoying, yes, but I let it pass.

20 minutes later, the kid is running all over the store. Now, we have a no running policy. The place is so packed up, there's hardly enough room to anyway and we don't want a lawsuit going to our company due to a kid getting hurt. I ask the kid nicely twice 'Please don't run.' But does he listen? Of course not.

So I went and said to the kids mother 'I don't mean to sound rude or mean, but I have asked your son to kindly not run.' As I was about to explain why, she goes into a flying rage. Not at me, but at her son. She storms into the rear of the store screaming his name, grabs him, throws him into a chair and starts to yell and beat him. O_O Then they walked out while she was continuing this excersise. Yelling and hitting him. Made me wish I had her info so I could call child welfare. Geeze.

Damn, that lady has some serious issues. What the hell was up with her?

I was being polite. Sonetimes it just doesnt pay.

Note to self- Never, EVER mention things like this to a parent again. People like her should be sterilized at birth.

So, what do YOU think of people like that? Anyone else encounter people like that?

Sagasu
Jan 25, 2005, 01:06 AM
People like that?

You mean the people that make up most of the world's population?

Unpleasant scenery.

Blue-Hawk
Jan 25, 2005, 01:16 AM
You should see the other people we get. These just were worth mentioning.

navci
Jan 25, 2005, 02:00 AM
On 2005-01-24 22:06, Sagasu wrote:
People like that?

You mean the people that make up most of the world's population?

Unpleasant scenery.

Sadly. I'd have to agree.
Most of the parents I have met in our store are okay. Well, it is a knives store. It would be quite unreasonable for them to just let the kids go in and touch everything.

But. Well I have seen some pretty bad ones myself.

BrokenHope
Jan 25, 2005, 04:28 AM
They need to bring in a licence or something that you have to have before they let you have kids :/ It would stop all these bad parents.

Deathscythealpha
Jan 25, 2005, 05:19 AM
I keep getting horrible parents who swear at their kids. I also keep getting this guy who's a possible wife beater and he scares the crap out of me. I dont need to hear him tell his wife to 'Shut the fuck up or do you want a slap' again.

Sagasu
Jan 25, 2005, 05:35 AM
On 2005-01-25 01:28, BrokenHope wrote:
They need to bring in a licence or something that you have to have before they let you have kids :/ It would stop all these bad parents.

The only way to prevent stupidity from happening is for life not to exist. Simple as that.

I'm still pro life though http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wyndham
Jan 25, 2005, 07:36 AM
it's a good thing they'll all die off soon. >_>

ABDUR101
Jan 25, 2005, 10:56 AM
It'd be so great if everyone were dead. =]

No, can't say I want the demise of humanity just because afew dumbfuck parents who aren't mentally mature enough to have kids, had them.

I feel unsettled when I see kids being beat in public for most anything except being offensive to others or posing a safety risk to themselves/others.

Once saw a little four year old asking if they could have a toy that was only afew dollars and the grandmother(I assumed) just blew up on them, quite vulgar, and in the middle of the checkout line, and she never batted an eyelash.

But it was only a glimpse of them, so who knows, maybe the kid is spoiled rotten at home or is a total hellian, but the time I saw them she asked nicely and did'nt show any huffy-puffy attitude, as if she deserved to get whatever she saw.

Oh well!

I like the license-to-breed program thought though. Interviewing friends/family/neighbors, doing psyche checks, and undercover surveilance, as well as if they are even capable of supporting the needs of a child financially(for their lifestyle/place of living).

Pipe dreams, but in the end, you can't patch up what is already faulted.