PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Mode - Survival!

yellow5
Jan 25, 2005, 10:07 PM
So, the other day I overheard some Japanese players talking about doing C9 and one of them said, "ALLHU". I waited a little bit to see if it was a full game.

When I joined, I did my usual "join ok?" http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

One of the Japanese players, apparently fluent in English, started explaining to me that this was not a normal Challenge mode game. Players are only allowed to use the starting weapon and can only have one Scape Doll. If that wasn't crazy enough, only one player is allowed per room! Also, no traps if you are an Android.

I said it wasn't a problem and we started C9. First thing we did was drop everything (armors, mags, mates, etc.) and picked who would go first. One of the Japanese players volunteered but died in the first room, second wave. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

We decided to remake the room for a different map. Again, we dropped everything except for the weapon and one Scape. The second Japanese player volunteered and ended up dying in the first room, first wave (Belra, Sorcerer, various Dimenians, and a Claw.

We retried this map, but it was now my turn...and I cleared it without getting hit once. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

We went on a bit, past the first dark room (remember no mag?) and a Japanese player ended up dying in the following room. We called it quits after that.

All in all, this was a new experience for me. It was pretty fun. I have to start doing this more often.

The end.

haruna
Jan 25, 2005, 11:13 PM
Try doing C9 with 2 android Hunters if you want craziness.

You can keep all of your scapes and use new weapons as you get them for starters.

Any stage can be completed with 3 people, technically.

yellow5
Jan 26, 2005, 02:20 AM
On 2005-01-25 20:13, haruna wrote:
Try doing C9 with 2 android Hunters if you want craziness.

You can keep all of your scapes and use new weapons as you get them for starters.

Any stage can be completed with 3 people, technically.

All stages can be completed with two players and under S-Rank time, too. I do 2 player C9 (as well as the other stages) all of the time, it's too easy. EP2 on the other hand...

Btw, I was using my HUcaseal during that survival game. I think when the Japanese players do this, they use non-Androids since you won't be able to regenerate HP while waiting for another player to clear the room. In fact, now that I think about it, the two Japanese players were HUmars.

SLON
Jan 26, 2005, 08:10 AM
Sounds a crazy way to while away 5 or 6 hours to me!!
What if it's a small room with multiple waves? Not only that, but some of those dark rooms on the last stage are pure evil if you are playing them alone (a bit similar to 1 player off-line). Example - 2 Chaos Bringers, a Sorceror, the odd Belra, Dimenians, maybe confuse traps, all in the dark with only a basic Buster?? Good luck, my friend!

Ryna
Jan 26, 2005, 10:21 AM
This sounds like a way to have fun for a little while. However, it seems like it would get boring after a while. Even if you do make it to the end, you will have a horrible time. However, I am curious about a couple of things. First, was there a FO in the game? If so, what was the rule about tech/fluid usage? Second, were you allowed to pick up any better equipment you found?

rena-ko
Jan 26, 2005, 12:47 PM

something to do after you score 2:30 something for ep1, no?

well, whatever floats your boat, i guess...

yellow5
Jan 26, 2005, 09:38 PM
I don't think anyone expects to actually complete this. It's just for fun!

There were no FOs, so I can't comment on that. You can only use the weapon you start with and one Scape. No other items allowed.

On a different note, did some two player 2-4 today. I only died once while my partner killed off the rest of our scapes, including the two you find! By the end, I had one scape left (gave one to him), and my partner had none. At least he could use Resta so healing wasn't a problem. He ended up dying on the final form when he got shocked and couldn't heal. I thought we had it.

Note, stay near Olga Flow's right foot to get knocked down for the invincibility period to avoid Divine Punishment attack. You are guaranteed safe.

Cheers!

SLON
Jan 27, 2005, 07:53 AM
Could be fun to try and complete C1 this way. I think C9 is impossible though.

Sharkyland
Jan 28, 2005, 03:24 AM
Wacky Japanese players. If you got some time to kill, here's your game.