PDA

View Full Version : PSO For XBox

Onan
Jan 26, 2005, 02:23 PM
Can the XBox version be played offline? Also, are there any advantages or disadvantages of the XBox version versus the GCN version?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Onan on 2005-01-26 11:25 ]</font>

Sitka
Jan 26, 2005, 02:59 PM
Yes, you can play PSOxbox offine. But, you will have to register a GamerTag. If you have an online game with a free 2 months online deal, you can use that to set up your account. Then cancel your account after the free trial. You'll still be able to play offline.

As for advantages/disadvantages: you'll find a great variance of opinion on this board. I like the live chat on xbox, but the voice lag sucks. I would have liked getting the plus version on the cube for offline tower runs, but I've invested WAY TOO MUCH TIME in my current cast of characters to switch over now.

The cube community is bigger and they get additions more often and earlier than xbox - in most cases.

If you do play online on xbox and want to play legit, we have a nice community still playing on xbox - look us up.

anwserman
Jan 26, 2005, 03:11 PM
On 2005-01-26 11:59, Sitka wrote:
Yes, you can play PSOxbox offine. But, you will have to register a GamerTag. If you have an online game with a free 2 months online deal, you can use that to set up your account. Then cancel your account after the free trial. You'll still be able to play offline.

As for advantages/disadvantages: you'll find a great variance of opinion on this board. I like the live chat on xbox, but the voice lag sucks. I would have liked getting the plus version on the cube for offline tower runs, but I've invested WAY TOO MUCH TIME in my current cast of characters to switch over now.

The cube community is bigger and they get additions more often and earlier than xbox - in most cases.

If you do play online on xbox and want to play legit, we have a nice community still playing on xbox - look us up.

Too bad both communities are in the crapper and it would be better and wiser to get BB. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I've played both GC and XBox, along with BB. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sitka
Jan 26, 2005, 03:14 PM
Agreed.

Unfortunately, every time I look at the total hours invested in my characters and think of the things I wanted to do and have not yet done, I figure I'll hang on for a bit more.

I would like to try Blue Burst, but I'm not sure if this old dog can handle trying to figure out Japanese. I have a hard enough time with English.

I'm figuring if PSO Universe gets released on any platform, that's when I'll jump ship.

Hanging on just a bit longer.

Tomeeboy
Jan 26, 2005, 03:19 PM
Keep in mind that PSOU could turn out to be a Final Fantasy type offline RPG... I don't think there's really anything yet that confirms it is any type of online MMOG, although I know that's what most people are hoping for and it would make sense if it was http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Onan
Jan 26, 2005, 03:44 PM
As for advantages/disadvantages: you'll find a great variance of opinion on this board. I like the live chat on xbox, but the voice lag sucks. I would have liked getting the plus version on the cube for offline tower runs, but I've invested WAY TOO MUCH TIME in my current cast of characters to switch over now.What I was looking for was more of whether or not the XBox version has any new characters, weapons, items, quests, etc., or if it's the same game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Onan on 2005-01-26 12:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Onan on 2005-01-26 12:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Onan on 2005-01-26 12:45 ]</font>

Solstis
Jan 26, 2005, 03:46 PM
On 2005-01-26 12:44, Onan wrote:

As for advantages/disadvantages: you'll find a great variance of opinion on this board. I like the live chat on xbox, but the voice lag sucks. I would have liked getting the plus version on the cube for offline tower runs, but I've invested WAY TOO MUCH TIME in my current cast of characters to switch over now.What I was looking for was more of whether or not the XBox version has any new characters, weapons, items, quests, etc., or if it's the same game.

Same game, though Gamecube tends to have more quests/get them faster.

Onan
Jan 26, 2005, 03:50 PM
OK, that's basically what I was looking for. I just recently got an XBox and was considering getting PSO for it, but if it's going to be exactly the same as my GCN one, than I won't waste my money.

3of19
Jan 26, 2005, 06:17 PM
Have the Xbox PSO servers finally been connected?
I have the PAL version and when I last played last year, I couldn't play with my friends from the US. *mad*

Flashlight
Jan 27, 2005, 06:35 AM
On 2005-01-26 12:19, Tomeeboy wrote:
Keep in mind that PSOU could turn out to be a Final Fantasy type offline RPG... I don't think there's really anything yet that confirms it is any type of online MMOG, although I know that's what most people are hoping for and it would make sense if it was http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That sucks big time...It will lose the PSO 'gameplay' no more rare weapons and stuff...and that guy that can transform in a beast....it just sucks... I need the rare weapons/items/units...