PDA

View Full Version : PSOX soon to be free?

Ancient
Jan 26, 2005, 08:37 PM
A friend of mine called up 1800 4my-xbox to discontinue his hunters liscense. According to them after Feb 11th Sega will no longer be charging for online PSO play. Can anyone confirm this?
It would be as good a thing as bad, free is good, but it would mean that PSOX will soon be caput online.

SpyroDi
Jan 26, 2005, 09:03 PM
That's quite interesting. Too bad I don't have Xbox Live to check anymore...

Solstis
Jan 26, 2005, 11:17 PM
On 2005-01-26 17:37, Ancient wrote:
A friend of mine called up 1800 4my-xbox to discontinue his hunters liscense. According to them after Feb 11th Sega will no longer be charging for online PSO play. Can anyone confirm this?
It would be as good a thing as bad, free is good, but it would mean that PSOX will soon be caput online.

Sounds very un-ST.

It is possible, though. Just unlikely.

StrikeTeam
Jan 26, 2005, 11:26 PM
Hey Ancient, It's R3P. I'll call M$ tommarow after school and ask to confirm it for ya guys. Hopefully this is true.

Drayma
Jan 27, 2005, 12:34 AM
I will get xbox live if its true.

killatia
Jan 27, 2005, 03:10 AM
that could mean that your friend's hunter license will expire on feb 11, not th ebeginning of free psox. beside if sega did that they have to do the same for the gamecube version

Eviltar
Jan 27, 2005, 11:01 AM
This makes sense. Notice it is still Christmas for PSOX, even though the lobbies were supposed to be changed back on Jan 5. :/

Also notice that the price for a new copy of PSOX is $9.99, even cheaper than almost all the "Platinum Hit" games.

ALSO notice that PSO:BB is about to catch up with PSOX on quests. The have already gotten Phantasmal World 1. We have only gotten up to Phantasmal World 2.

ALSO notice this post from the front page of this web site:

PSO: Once again, info from the inside
Posted by Jonathan_F on Friday, January 21 @ 09:57 PST

I received some information today from Armion, I'll let it speak for itself.

I remind everyone that PSO:BB is a game worth playing, and while this game will have much of Sonicteam's attention, that GCN versions and servers will not be ignored.

The GCN servers will not be ignored, but NO MENTION OF PSOX! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Finally (*pant* *pant*), the succeeding games EP. 3 and PSO Plus will probably never come out for XBOX. I guess ST thinks that XBOX is the wrong market for the PSO games.

PSOX: stick a fork in it. It's done. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sitka
Jan 27, 2005, 11:16 AM
If true, sad news indeed.

We better hurry and finish that damn E2C4 before it's not available anymore.

Anyone got a Japanese language manual I can borrow?

digigram
Jan 27, 2005, 11:58 AM
this totally sounds like it will happen.. Like another person said, the christmas crap is till up, even the quest. it is now the 27th and I can still get mag cells... (which reminds me, I got 2 more people in ultimate, better get to it)..

I been playing PSO PC lately anyway.

Sitka
Jan 27, 2005, 12:21 PM
Hey Digi,

We keep missing each other.

On tonight?

Want to finish up some c-mode stuff but serious right now.

digigram
Jan 27, 2005, 01:55 PM
tons of characters at 7-9.

not sure If i'll have time though.. I'm more interested in getting that trade done..

Want to get rid of the mag cells I have on the character I put them on to save for you.

Sitka
Jan 27, 2005, 02:16 PM
No worries.

I think I have a few items on Sitka Blue D and a couple on Cu'Chullain. I'll probably bring Sitka on first. If I can get a E2C4 game going, I'm running - just gotta finish that thing.

digigram
Jan 27, 2005, 04:06 PM
it is now VALENTINES DAY on xbox...what a load of ish..

Anyhow... it changed meaning they did something today..this morning it was christmas now it is st.valentine..

hmm

Sitka
Jan 27, 2005, 04:27 PM
Rappy Hunting Time!!!!!

Rukuss2k
Jan 27, 2005, 07:30 PM
Are there Valentines Day Rappys?

Dhylec
Jan 27, 2005, 07:32 PM
Rukuss2k wrote:

love rappy?

Ketchup345
Jan 27, 2005, 07:51 PM
On 2005-01-27 16:32, Dhylec wrote:

Rukuss2k wrote:

love rappy?

I guess that could be a Valentine's Rappy...

But it is available year round in offline play in Episode 2, and during "off-season" online.

No special Rappies until Easter.

Eviltar
Jan 27, 2005, 10:30 PM
On 2005-01-26 20:26, StrikeTeam wrote:
Hey Ancient, It's R3P. I'll call M$ tommarow after school and ask to confirm it for ya guys. Hopefully this is true.

Uh? Have you checked it out yet? Has anyone checked out if it will be free?

On 2005-01-27 13:06, digigram wrote:
it is now VALENTINES DAY on xbox...what a load of ish..

Anyhow... it changed meaning they did something today..this morning it was christmas now it is st.valentine..

hmm

Yeah, I had to open my big mouth with perfect timing and get proven wrong yet again...but...

It was worth it just to see the new login message from ST (referring to the Valentine's Day quest):

"In addition, from January XX to February XX you will be able to enjoy the following limited time quest..."

LOL! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif LOL!

Can it get any more wishy-washy than that?

Ancient
Jan 28, 2005, 03:22 PM
Okay ANOTHER friend of mine called and asked, and they said nix on the free play...maybe my other friend just got a pathalogical lier for a helper last time. Curse them! Is there no end to the abuse they give us PSOX'rs?!

Sitka
Jan 28, 2005, 03:37 PM
I called and they said STFU noob.

Or was that Kef.

I can't remember.

ANyway, they also put up PW4 - what a fricking riot!
We had four cats at lvls 199, 198, 193, 180ish and we went through every damn moon, scape, reverser TP that we had.

And then the four epsilon's dissappeared and we were on a tower run.

I have never seen so much flying megid in all my days - from the ill gils, the flowers and our little force.

As one of the players said, "this sure encourages you to play legit!"

What a GAS!

If you're wondering whether to play online or not, these new PW quests (we have 1, 2, & 4) could make the decision for you. The enemy counts on these things are crazy.

The hell with synchro on your mag - keep your good mag in the bank and use another one.

So, Challenge Mode, Tower Runs, Gallon's Shop, PW's, Respective Tomorrow, TTF - it's still worth it - even if is is on xbox.

Eihwaz
Jan 28, 2005, 04:37 PM
Well, I guess it's sort of a tradeoff. It's like someone giving you a free sandwich, but the sandwich is a bit stale and was on the floor.

Maybe they just lost interest with PSOX becuase of BB. Anyway, if they do make it free, I might just have to pick up a copy. >_>

shingo
Jan 30, 2005, 02:43 PM
thast kinda stupid to make it free HL anyway because xbox is more popular than GC. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

kazuma56
Jan 30, 2005, 04:17 PM

But it is available year round in offline play in Episode 2, and during "off-season" online.

PSOX has seasonal online enemies offline? WTF? why doesn't GC have this?

Solstis
Jan 30, 2005, 04:43 PM
On 2005-01-30 13:17, kazuma56 wrote:

PSOX has seasonal online enemies offline? WTF? why doesn't GC have this?

He meant that the love rappy is available all year round and in offline. Thus not seasonal.

kazuma56
Jan 30, 2005, 04:45 PM
He meant that the love rappy is available all year round and in offline. Thus not seasonal.

Oh, Love Rappies, I thought he meant some special online rappy, sorry bout that, don't know where my head was when I wrote that.

Ketchup345
Jan 30, 2005, 04:48 PM
Shingo:
Are you saying that XBox PSO is more populated than GC? I thought it was impossible to truely tell, since the servers are split by region on XBox...
Or are you saying XBox Live is more popular? If so, then this still can't be used, becuase not everyone who has XBL has and plays PSO; and GC's only online games are PSO1-3 (and a handful of network games).
Or are you saying as a system XBox is more popular? I thought for sure XBox wasn't too big outside the US?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-01-30 13:49 ]</font>

Fyrin
Jan 30, 2005, 04:54 PM
Do y'all think that the reason why the price of POSX is getting cheaper and this talk of free online gaming may be because of Phantasy Star Universe?

digigram
Jan 31, 2005, 10:55 AM
no. and this is false anyhow... this thread should probably be locked since It has been confirmed that not having to pay on february whenever is totally false.. and this thread is just helping confuse people.