PDA

View Full Version : FOnewearl w/ Red Handgun

Vecte
Jan 27, 2005, 12:34 AM
k. i've got a PINKAL FOnewearl im working on right now. she's pretty low right now but when she is higher i plan to use either summit moon or a red handgun. the question is, which one? I am able to get both, but i need the best choice. the summit moon would be good for her techs, but the handgun would help her out in other ways as well. please give me your honest opinion on which to use, thanx.

RicoRoyal
Jan 27, 2005, 12:49 AM
Go with the Summit Moon. You sound like you're still relatively new to using a FOnewearl, and as such I will also assume that you are relatively new to using FOs in general. For someone with a lack of experience such as yourself, I would absolutely recommend that you stick to what a character was "meant" to be good at. If you're online, I also recommend you read Ian's stickied guide to being a good support FO. Just what we're you planning on doing with a Red Handgun anyway?

One more thing. For the love of God, it's spelled "thanks", not "thanx". Thank you.

Vecte
Jan 27, 2005, 12:57 AM
i thought it would be a better choice for the summit moon, but there have been people that have told me to use the red handgun. O and yea, what is the max grind for a cane neway. and one more thing, how do u get the picture to show up on your sig, ive tried but cant get it to show. thanks

Tycho
Jan 27, 2005, 09:43 AM
If this isn't about trading, get both. Otherwise, handgun weapons are fun for Normal when you still one hit kill everything with it. Later on.. Moon.

On 2005-01-26 21:57, Vecte wrote:

O and yea, what is the max grind for a cane neanyway. and one more thing, how do u get the picture to show up on your sig, ive tried but cant get it to show. thanks

Just grind weapons until it says you can't anymore. >.<; For pictures, use [ img ]http://urlhere.com[ / img ], without the spaces in the img-tags.

Vecte
Jan 27, 2005, 10:17 AM
thanks

RicoRoyal
Jan 27, 2005, 11:27 AM
On 2005-01-27 06:43, Tycho wrote:
Just grind weapons until it says you can't anymore. >.<

That might sound good to you if you have access to all the great clubs in ultimate, but I don't think many people want to grind a silly cane up to 55 (what a waste of grinders, unless the cane has uber percents).

Vecte, check this one out:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=397

Sitka
Jan 27, 2005, 11:33 AM
Early FOnewearl: Fire Scepter: Agni (Forest/Caves/Ruins) + Storm Wand Indra (Mines) + Mace of Adaman (Delsabers/Garanz etc). That worked pretty well for me until I got a:

Hildebear's Cane - awesome early FOnewearl weapon. Boosts Foie - very helpful when fighting Falz.

Later, if you have the components, the Twinkle Star is a nice upgrade, until you have the:

Summit Moon. Stop. Works so well for my FOnewearl right now - my opinion, of course (looks behind for Kef/Ian lurking in the shadows).

Red handgun - I could never use the damn thing for enough damage to make it better than the awesome simple techs I can use.

Stick with the basic magics for a while and the weapons that boost them and your MST.

Ryna
Jan 27, 2005, 02:30 PM
With a FOnewearl's low ATP, I would not recommend using a Red Handgun. Even with Shifta and Zalure, it can take quite a few combos to defeat an enemy. You'll be more efficient if you rely on techniques. The only reason to use the Red Handgun is if you "want to be different" or want to save tp. If you just want to save tp, just pick up a couple of armors to sell so you can for a Trifluid. Techs are a FOnewearl's best friend.

Vecte
Jan 27, 2005, 04:44 PM
ok, all the info has been real great help. two more questions though. i would have to be lvl 140 to use the rock on a club? what is the earliest point i will get a club because i might want to start using my grinders.

Sitka
Jan 27, 2005, 04:49 PM
My recommendation is use the weapons I suggested first until you get to your higher level. At that level, you'll start seeing much better weapons in the bank and you might find a club with 50% hit. That's the club I would use the grinders on.

The other option, online, is to have a high level buddy who can equip your fully-grinded weapon and use the rock on it, give it back and you're in business.

You may not melee much or at all in which case the 50% hit point is moot, but I still strive to find 50% (or higher if real lucky with a drop) hit base weapons to convert.

Just my opinion though.

RicoRoyal
Jan 27, 2005, 04:57 PM
On 2005-01-27 13:44, Vecte wrote:
ok, all the info has been real great help. two more questions though. i would have to be lvl 140 to use the rock on a club? what is the earliest point i will get a club because i might want to start using my grinders.

Good question.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=929

According to that you'll start finding the clubs for sale at level 100. However, I think you can start FINDING clubs as early as v-hard Ruins. I'm not sure though, so maybe someone can come along and enlighten us with a confirmation on that.

Vecte
Jan 27, 2005, 05:04 PM
ok guys, thanks a lot for all the info. All my questions have been answered as of right now. I'll keep you posted if i need any more help.