PDA

View Full Version : Item: What's the best gun for male human rangers?(Ep. 1, 2)

Diethel
Jan 27, 2005, 01:14 PM
Hey I'm just curious, what's the best gun for RaMar?
I have the L&K Combats, but i doubt that those are the best there is. Even if they're rare.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Diethel on 2005-01-27 10:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Diethel on 2005-01-27 10:35 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Jan 27, 2005, 01:26 PM
RAngers should have three guns:
1) Shot/Needle - Best Shot you can get, or most people prefer Spread or S-Rank Needles
2) Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen - Your choice on which, most preferFrozen Shooter, due to the ability to combo.
3) Mechguns - Any type can work well. Most popular types are 50% hit Charge, Red Mechs, Yas 9kM, or Guld Milla.

If you carry anything else, that is up to you.

Dhylec
Jan 27, 2005, 01:28 PM
put it plainly, there is no real best!
different lev, area, enemy - situation - call for a different 'best'
learn about the guns, experience with your guns & set your own 'best'

Sitka
Jan 27, 2005, 02:21 PM
100% in agreement with Ketchup.

Sitka Blue D - 199 Racast (I know, bot not human - works the same though) always carries s-rank shot with zalure and frozen shooter. For bosses, I'll sometimes use charge vulcans or charge sniper or s-rank rifle with zalure.

That's it.

Because you're a human, the frozen shooter is probably THE BEST gun you can have. You don't have traps and running Tower will be awfully tough without the ability to freeze enemies.

So if you have to set your sights on one gun, go pipe or make runs for a frozen shooter. If you see a real big, grey, mettalic Bear, dodge the purple cloud, kill the mutha and hope he drops you a nice little red box that turns into your BEST WEAPON.

Ryna
Jan 27, 2005, 02:24 PM
I agree with Sitka on this point. The one gun a Ranger really needs is a Frozen Shooter. Everything else is pretty much up to you. Other weapons you might want to have with you include a decent set of Mechguns (Yasminkov 9000m, Charge Vulcans, Red Mechguns) and a Shot type weapon (SRank Shot, Final Impact, Spread Needle, SRank Needle).

Garm
Jan 28, 2005, 08:56 AM
FS! A ranger who can find an FS but doesn't have it should hide in a corner and pipe those torrs! An s-needle with hit will do wonders in most areas. If you really want to damge take the 7v or a guld milla (hard to get but very very good)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garm on 2005-01-29 03:10 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Jan 28, 2005, 05:11 PM
On 2005-01-28 05:56, Garm wrote:
FS! A ranger who can find an FS but doesn't have it should hide in a croner and pipe those torrs! An s-needle with hit will do wonders in most areas. If you really want to damge take the 7v or a guld milla (hard to get but very very good)

You can't get an S-Rank needle with percents at all, let alone hit.
Not like it even matters with some of the specials. Zalure and Jellen specials, for example, always hit.

Ketchup345
Jan 28, 2005, 05:24 PM
On 2005-01-28 14:11, Mixfortune wrote:
Not like it even matters with some of the specials. Zalure and Jellen specials, for example, always hit.

He said S-Needle; one of the ways to shorten Spread Needle. It does get confusing though.

And any Needle is great.

Sitka
Jan 28, 2005, 05:27 PM
Has anyone ever tried wielding both a zalure needle and a jellen needle at the same time?

I'm thinking of the Sinow room in TTF. You'd have to be quick at switching weapons, but it might be effective. I don't think I'd do it because I wouldn't want to risk losing my precious needle.

That room I'd almost rather use a jellen needle than a zalure needle.

And that croner would have to be huge for me to hide inside her.

Mama diva!

Mixfortune
Jan 28, 2005, 05:51 PM
On 2005-01-28 14:24, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2005-01-28 14:11, Mixfortune wrote:

He said S-Needle; one of the ways to shorten Spread Needle. It does get confusing though.

And any Needle is great.

Ah, you're right.
My mistake, completely slipped my mind.

Ryna
Jan 28, 2005, 07:02 PM
On 2005-01-28 14:27, Sitka wrote:
Has anyone ever tried wielding both a zalure needle and a jellen needle at the same time?

I'm thinking of the Sinow room in TTF. You'd have to be quick at switching weapons, but it might be effective. I don't think I'd do it because I wouldn't want to risk losing my precious needle.

The problem with SRank Jellen is that it is only level 17. Generally it is better to have a FO/RAmarl/HUnewearl cast Jellen in those situations.

Vecte
Jan 29, 2005, 12:43 AM
this is just my blunt opinion, but i would have to say either the yas 7000 or the yas 3000. the yas 7000 because of its raw power, and the yas 3000 because of its range. but this is just my opinion, call me stupid if u want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vecte on 2005-01-28 23:31 ]</font>

Garm
Jan 29, 2005, 06:10 AM
On 2005-01-28 14:27, Sitka wrote:
And that croner would have to be huge for me to hide inside her.

Mama diva!

I made another typo... that croner will magically turn in a corner once I edit <.<''. And yas 3k has style, a very old/fiction looking style but who cares? Yas have power wich is good for a low lvl RA in ult. Yas 7k is great, if it drops. Next hunt for me he is.