PDA

View Full Version : Proxy?!?

Magician4
Jan 27, 2005, 11:17 PM
I don't know if this has been talked about but there seems to be a new cheat (or maybe its just new to me) on pso gc. I have seen a few people in loobies saying proxy can prevent fsod. One person who joined one of my games said they used proxy (this is where it began to bother me). Their character was a lv 28 humarl equipped with a standstill sheild and parasite wear vajulla. To me it looked like another case of ar http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif . Then after beating forest he/she says lets do ruins. I made the game and I knew for a fact that I didn't reach ruins but surely enough he/she went to ruins, not r1, not r2, but r3! I quit shortly after seeing this. I just want to know if anyone has heard anything about this or is it just more ar bs.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jan 28, 2005, 12:06 AM
I'm not sure if I can explain the details.(TOS and all...) But it's just a method to connect to PSO GC through your Router and PC and It's supposed to have your PC block FSOD data for you.

Getintothegame
Jan 28, 2005, 01:06 AM
Maybe there's a port you can block with a router.

ShadowTH1000
Jan 29, 2005, 02:28 PM
I use the Anti-FSOD proxy, I'm a legit lvl 46 FOmar. It really works, but there are a few bugs (like random word select, and once I FSODed trying to leave a game) but it works 99% of the time

Corey
Jan 29, 2005, 03:23 PM
all I can say is

rofl

ShadowTH1000
Jan 29, 2005, 04:08 PM
all I can say is

rofl

if its about that time when the program FSODed me, yeah I was laughing too. I'm glad I didn't lose anything important (just few healing items and Difluids), and the chat bug is, when I use word select it just comes out in a bubble of my color with out my name (sometimes a white one) and I say something random like "Split up > Everybody" or "I hate Sports?/ Art Appreciation?" lol.

oh and its not a cheat, its just Anti-FSOD (well atleast my version is)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowTH1000 on 2005-01-29 13:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowTH1000 on 2005-01-29 13:16 ]</font>

Corey
Jan 29, 2005, 09:08 PM
No, I'm laughing because no one just "has" a proxy.

Especially not a casual PSO player.

Three
Jan 30, 2005, 02:47 PM
On 2005-01-29 13:08, ShadowTH1000 wrote:
if its about that time when the program FSODed me, yeah I was laughing too.

So would you say it's better to use a proxy than to not use one? I mean, it sounds like it--I almost always use a proxy to browse on my PC, just because I like to be sneaky and I'd rather not let people get a hold of my IP.

ShadowTH1000
Jan 30, 2005, 09:04 PM
well, its kind of mixed

Pros:
-Protection from FSOD
-Protection from other crash type hacks
-The ability to laugh at the FSODers when you don't crash

Cons:
-Chat bug (see my other post)
-1% chance you'll FSOD
-you have to have your PC on everytime you want to play (not a problem for me since I have it on 24/7)
-its hard to configure it with ep III, but they have FSOD protection in ep III now
-you have to change the settings everytime you want to play ep III online

it may look uneven, but the ability to not crash when someone FSODs cancels out 3 of the cons

Jess16241
Jan 31, 2005, 10:39 PM
On 2005-01-30 18:04, ShadowTH1000 wrote:

-The ability to laugh at the FSODers when you don't crash

roflol hehe, that would be fun, in an annoying sort of way, because u know it would piss off the FSOD'er, too bad you have a chance of FSOD'ing urself

Tycho
Feb 3, 2005, 01:50 PM
While my PC seems to disconnect quite often, my cube normally does not. Using anti-FSoD proxy makes is so that I will disconnect often anyway, on PSO. Which makes it annoying, rather than useful, to me.

On 2005-01-29 18:08, Corey wrote:

You make me wonder, why do you think these programs will not leak? Also.. if they did, would that even be bad?

Fojar
Feb 3, 2005, 04:54 PM
On 2005-01-29 18:08, Corey wrote:

Schthack released an Anti-FSOD proxy on "Another" PSO-related forum.

Derrr.

Three
Feb 3, 2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the advice. =)