PDA

View Full Version : help wit Soul Of A Blacksmith

Vecte
Jan 28, 2005, 01:29 AM
ok, ive had continual problems with this mission. i know where to get the blue mineral in the first circular room, but it is never there. is there anything special i need to do to get it to appear or what? any help would be appreciated.

Tycho
Jan 28, 2005, 05:30 AM
Hm.. Blue was the one in Caves 3 I think.
I'm not sure if you got the right circular room, but otherwise, I used to have a likewise problem, but I think you have to touch the wall to get it.

Vecte
Jan 29, 2005, 12:39 AM
im pretty sure i have the right room/s becuase i have cleared out ALL of caves three in that mission, unless i just horribly passed it up.

Garm
Jan 29, 2005, 06:15 AM
It's hard to see. When the road splits in caves 3 go right then go south in a corner room (uhm can't explain but I'll try: 2 doors, 3 walls and a round corner...). Clear that room and go to the next. At first it seems empty but turn the camera and look on the wall for the minerals.

Fossil
Jan 29, 2005, 03:13 PM
When you enter the circular room, turn 90 degrees left and change the camera angle. You'll see it shining on the wall.

EphekZ
Jan 30, 2005, 03:17 PM
on the wall

KveerRaven
Jan 31, 2005, 10:17 AM
Sometimes, the reason you can't get that mineral, is because you've accidently picked up a Red or Green mineral along the way and haven't realized it yet. I know, it's happened to me countless times when I look away for a second or so.

Tareek
Feb 1, 2005, 10:43 AM
On 2005-01-31 07:17, KveerRaven wrote:
Sometimes, the reason you can't get that mineral, is because you've accidently picked up a Red or Green mineral along the way and haven't realized it yet. I know, it's happened to me countless times when I look away for a second or so.

To pick up a mineral does not affect finding a later mineral!

Garm
Feb 1, 2005, 10:48 AM
You can only pick up one mineral so it does. Be carefull of those red and green ones!

EphekZ
Feb 1, 2005, 10:48 AM
On 2005-02-01 07:43, Tareek wrote:

On 2005-01-31 07:17, KveerRaven wrote:

you should read his post again, and again, and again until you understand it

Or i'll just clarify it for you

He is saying if you accidentally got the red mineral(caves 1) and you wanted a green mineral(caves 2) if you go there yes you will find it but your quest log is already full from the other mineral so hence you wont be able to pick the green mineral up.

Get it now?

ombres
Feb 1, 2005, 12:53 PM
If you pick any mineral and you go pick an other the first one is destroy and the new one take is place!

I quite remember the first time I did the quest, I pick all 3 and finish with the blue one!

TheOneHero
Feb 1, 2005, 01:04 PM
On 2005-02-01 09:53, ombres wrote:
If you pick any mineral and you go pick an other the first one is destroy and the new one take is place!

I quite remember the first time I did the quest, I pick all 3 and finish with the blue one!

Finally, someone who knows what they are talking about.

If you pick up a red, the green will still be there; same goes for the blue. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KveerRaven
Feb 1, 2005, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure where you guys are coming up with this crap, but its not true, and unless you can prove it, please, by all means, direct me in the correct direction and correct my mistake, but once a mineral is chosen and recieved, your screwed. all you can do to change the mineral is restarting the quest. I'm sure there are many others here that agree with this. Bottom line

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KveerRaven on 2005-02-01 10:43 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Feb 1, 2005, 02:13 PM
I'm going to do a SoB run shortly to test this. But I'm 99.9% sure that:

Once you pick up a Red Mineral, and try to get it again it sasy something like, Inventroy full

If you have a Red Mineral in your inventory and try to pick up a Green it will ask you if you want to change minerals.

I will post my results as soon as I can.

Skorpius
Feb 1, 2005, 02:20 PM
On 2005-02-01 07:43, Tareek wrote:

This was worded in such a way that I bust a gut laughing so hard.

EDIT: Sigged!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-01 11:21 ]</font>

DezoPenguin
Feb 1, 2005, 03:05 PM
On 2005-02-01 10:43, KveerRaven wrote:
I'm not sure where you guys are coming up with this crap, but its not true, and unless you can prove it, please, by all means, direct me in the correct direction and correct my mistake, but once a mineral is chosen and recieved, your screwed. all you can do to change the mineral is restarting the quest. I'm sure there are many others here that agree with this. Bottom line

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KveerRaven on 2005-02-01 10:43 ]</font>

Actually, Kveer, it's neither "crap," nor "not true." If you're doing SoaB, and you already have one mineral, and pick up another mineral, the message "Photon in another mineral disappeared!" pops up onscreen and you end up with the newer mineral on your Quest Board. Been that way on Dreamcast, is that way on U.S. GC PSO, and is that way on U.S. GC PSO+. Any other version I can say naught for.

(Being the moderately obsessive-compulsive type, I always pick up both miwontites ("Miwontite is already in your inventory") and all three minerals.)

To make sure you're actually looking in the right room for the blue mineral, check out this guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=633), which actually does mark the right room. Yay, guides. The mineral is on the wall at approximately the "northwest" corner of the room--which means that you have to do a quick 135-degree turn to your left in order to see it when you first enter the room. Another annoying factor in finding it is that while the red and green minerals are big chunks of rock added to the normal map, the blue mineral is just a normal part of the wall decor (which means that on Ultimate, the blue mineral is actually purple).

TheOneHero
Feb 1, 2005, 03:22 PM
On 2005-02-01 12:05, DezoPenguin wrote:

Actually, Kveer, it's neither "crap," nor "not true." If you're doing SoaB, and you already have one mineral, and pick up another mineral, the message "Photon in another mineral disappeared!" pops up onscreen and you end up with the newer mineral on your Quest Board. Been that way on Dreamcast, is that way on U.S. GC PSO, and is that way on U.S. GC PSO+. Any other version I can say naught for.

(Being the moderately obsessive-compulsive type, I always pick up both miwontites ("Miwontite is already in your inventory") and all three minerals.)

To make sure you're actually looking in the right room for the blue mineral, check out this guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=633), which actually does mark the right room. Yay, guides. The mineral is on the wall at approximately the "northwest" corner of the room--which means that you have to do a quick 135-degree turn to your left in order to see it when you first enter the room. Another annoying factor in finding it is that while the red and green minerals are big chunks of rock added to the normal map, the blue mineral is just a normal part of the wall decor (which means that on Ultimate, the blue mineral is actually purple).

I can confirm this having just finished SoaB to test everything.

Vecte
Feb 2, 2005, 09:54 PM
i do want to clarify, i picked up the red mineral, then after that the green mineral, on the same mission at the same time. When the mission ended i ended it with the green mineral. So what i have seen so far u can pick all three. not quite sure though. ill find out soon though.

Tycho
Feb 3, 2005, 01:06 PM
Every time I played this quest I picked up the mineral in C1, then the one in C2, finally the one in C3. It works. I have a Technical Crozier, I have a Suppressed Gun, I have a God Hand with hit.

On the other hand, when you pick up a mineral of a certain color, then try to pick up the mineral of the same color again... it won't work, duh.

Magician4
Feb 3, 2005, 08:28 PM
Doing this quest on ult is a good way to get an easy rare. Just get all the materials needed and get the blue mineral in cave3. When you give all the materials to the smith you can choose to recieve a blade(god hand), a gun(suppressed gun), or a wand(technical crozier) as a reward(if you got the blue material in cave3).

Oh, if you pick up a material you don't want it will go away when you get a different material. And also you can only get one rare per character from doing this quest, trust me I know I tried http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif .