PDA

View Full Version : GC: FOmar mag Q

Arashi-Koi
Jan 28, 2005, 09:33 AM
i've recently started a new character (FOmar - Section ID: pinkal) and i was wondering what mag I'd give it. I'm not at all good with these, so i thought I'd ask for some advice.

I'm concentrating on attacking techniques, so has anyone got a tip for which mag is best? Does not have to be a rare mag per s?

thanks and greetings
Arashi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arashi-Koi on 2005-01-28 06:35 ]</font>

Hrith
Jan 28, 2005, 09:41 AM
Advice... hmmm...

1) If you want to use techniques, FOnewm or FOnewearl are a much better choice than FOmar.

2) Quickly recreate your character before it's too late and give it a decent ID, Pinkal sucks.

3) Which Mag is not really relevant. Good stats for casting Forces are 15/0/0/185, any possible mag will do.

Arashi-Koi
Jan 28, 2005, 09:52 AM
hmmmmmm
i read on here that pinkal would be the best sID for a force :/
and i'm also using some melee attacks, with a TP-stealing weapon, so as not to spend too many fluids (i run out terribly fast)

i will make a new character and see how it works out. thanks for the advice

TheOneHero
Jan 28, 2005, 09:56 AM
On 2005-01-28 06:52, Arashi-Koi wrote:

i read on here that pinkal would be the best sID for a force :/

I'm guessing you read it here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1239)? Or maybe on some random site, but I'm pretty sure that only goes for DC. I may be mistaken since I didn't use a Pinkal back then. >_>

But for GC; Pinkal Sucks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-01-28 06:57 ]</font>

Arashi-Koi
Jan 28, 2005, 10:10 AM
right there and in other places as well (somewhere on gamefaqs)
i have another force in Redria, but i haven't gotten a lot of great stuff with that :/ and my new pinkal force has been very satisfactory up till now.

anyway, thanks for the mag help http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sitka
Jan 28, 2005, 02:48 PM
I wish that old "Pinkal gets better tech discs" guide would be eliminated - along with a couple of other older guides that are not accurate.

Kef doesn't mince words about Fomars - or about much else either, but I have to agree that playing a melee force isn't for everyone. There are some good ones though.

My Redria force has been picking up many nice items, so I wouldn't be too quick to give up on that id.

My recommendation would be to go with a Whitill Fonewearl or Fonewm. I have the Whitill Fonewm (lvl 134), a Pinkal Fonewearl (114) and a brand new Viridia Fonewearl (1). They are fun to play and Whitill has been a very generous id.

These suggestions are, of course, my opinion and any resemblance to "fact" is purely coincidental.

On the mag question, there is a guide for max single stat mags. Check the guide for 15/0/0/185 mind mag. It's a pain to raise, but the mind boost is real nice. When you get to a higher level, you might consider using a Sato - I happen to like Satos - with 5/0/45/150 stats (I think that's correct). Satos often give invincibility (helpful for Boss fights) and sometimes will revive you (don't count on this one).

Good luck!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-01-28 11:52 ]</font>

Dek
Jan 28, 2005, 04:45 PM
On 2005-01-28 06:56, TheOneHero wrote:

I'm guessing you read it here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1239)? Or maybe on some random site, but I'm pretty sure that only goes for DC. I may be mistaken since I didn't use a Pinkal back then. >_>

But for GC; Pinkal Sucks.

But on the positive side, he at least read the guides before asking a question http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anyways, As far as mag goes...

1. You should try to get somethat that is fairly simple to raise. This is where the Type A IDs (Viridia, Purplenum, Redria, Skyly, Yellowboze) come into play the most.

2. Have you done the Halloween and Chrsitmas quests? If so, you should have gained the Jack-o-latterns and Presents which would hold mag cells. The mag cells are definately worth it if you are looking for a mag that is easy to raise. (I would personally try to raise a Soniti or an Opa Opa, but thats just me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

3. As Kef said, try to get as much mind on your mag as possible. For the stats that he recommended, however, you would have to use the Mark3 mag cell on a baby mag. While he suggests 185, I would suggest at least a minimum of 150 if you plan to go full support.

4. For a section ID, I would recommend these...

a. Purplenum - For Psycho Wand if you plan for Pure Support
b. Redria - If you plan to make your FO a melee type
c. Yellowboze - A fair amount of decent stuff can be found here, such as Branch of PakuPaku, which can be changed into one of the greatest Rods in the game, Striker of Chao.

Split
Jan 28, 2005, 10:18 PM
On 2005-01-28 11:48, Sitka wrote:

Kef doesn't mince words about Fomars - or about much else either, but I have to agree that playing a melee force isn't for everyone. There are some good ones though.

How do you know he was planning on meleeing?