PDA

View Full Version : To prevent a future rant from Tingle...

Sayara
Jan 28, 2005, 02:54 PM
I will rant now. Its a simple rant since i am allowed to do so. Listen or not i dont care.

Well, i can summarize it in 4 words.
"Fuck You Acyrllic Paint." I have NEVER seen such a bitchy ass paint medium before! Is too lumpy when too little water, too streaky when too much water, dries and becomes the worlds adhesive paint ever,

And speaking of water, the Medium between Too much and too little is so fucking small you need to be like robotically precise about the damn water supply! Oh wait lets not forget once it IS dried there is like no way to bring it back to life, unlike the Watercolour and Goushe Paints.

...Wait, why the fuck am i yelling about this paint?
Well, if i dont figure out how to not be the paints bitch i can expect a cold sour semester for Colour Theory ahead of me.
:/

Ok, yeah thats feeling better. You can toss me around to fkl if this isnt "Ranty" enough, but i wanted to let THAT out before i got really angry.

Ancient
Jan 28, 2005, 03:17 PM
I hear ya brother! I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE painting!! Wheres the undo button for reality?! Most "paintings" I ever did wound up on the wrong side of a lighter! And they even smelled bad when they burnt!!

Sayara
Jan 28, 2005, 03:19 PM
This is like not even real paintings yet. Just Color Wheels, and i cant even get the paint to coorporate! blasphamy!

Ancient
Jan 28, 2005, 03:23 PM
I dont suppose they allow you to burn color wheels in class do they?

Sayara
Jan 28, 2005, 03:25 PM
burn anything college = /kick Tingle omg dont burn skool nub

Ancient
Jan 28, 2005, 03:28 PM
geez, you pay them all this money and you cant even indulge in pyromaniacle pasttimes in class...the state of higher education is poor I tell you!

FOAtHeart
Jan 28, 2005, 07:17 PM
I guess all you can do, Tingle, is practice. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sagasu
Jan 28, 2005, 07:27 PM
You made the choice.

So this is what your stuck with.

Sayara
Jan 28, 2005, 07:43 PM
I know, however i was just letting up steam, i dont want another case like my previous rant. Do we?

And as Navisuu says...

Let it all out of your system.
Bottling up is not good.

Scrub
Jan 28, 2005, 10:10 PM
Just learn that most things you get angry over don't really matter and you'll be a much happier person.

I get annoyed, sure, but I haven't actually gotten seriously angry for a few weeks now(godsend for me) thanks to just realizing that just about every emotion that I've felt didn't matter in the long run.

You get angry about stuff you won't remember the next day. Just remember that, and it'll be insignificant. Same with embarassing yourself. People won't remember it in a half hour's time most likely, so no reason to be ashamed. ^_~

Though I guess a lot of people would disagree with my method, I guess I'm saying to, in a way, bottle up your anger. o_o

Evil_Althena8
Jan 28, 2005, 10:12 PM
I also dislike acrylic paint. I've done a couple good paintings with it...it's very hard to use IMO. It works best when it's really wet, at least I think so.

Jehosaphaty
Jan 28, 2005, 11:21 PM
one of the keys to acrylic is to, obviously, manage the moisture of your paint. this of course sucks because you spend a ton of time making sure it doesnt dry out rather than just painting. you're using like plastic-cover (i forget what they're really called) pallets correct? those help to keep the paint marginally from drying. the grade and quality of the paint also plays a factor...but hay good luck, and hopefully it'll be an acquired taste by the time you're done.

Three
Jan 30, 2005, 03:02 PM
Yikes, I like Acryllics.

Mostly because my middle skool's art budget only allowed us to use "paint cakes." Not much improved in high skool--we get big jugs of cheap tempera paint.

Ancient
Jan 30, 2005, 07:28 PM
Its not the medium particularly, its what you do with it, I've seen some dern cool things done with Crayola's. But still, acrylic paint still pisses me off...