PDA

View Full Version : How tough are the PW quests?

Omega_Nova
Jan 28, 2005, 06:51 PM
need to know to brace myself for when I get BB!

Dhylec
Jan 28, 2005, 08:01 PM
take a look at http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=89370&forum=7&32
for enemy count in pw1, 2 & make your own judgement

Omega_Nova
Jan 28, 2005, 09:48 PM
Holy mother of everything!

the amount of gees means I'll definatley need a Demonic Fork for my FOnewm in Ult... unless be some miracle ST gives out a quest in BB to get the Dark Bridge...

Armok
Jan 29, 2005, 05:57 AM
PW 1+2 are easy
PW 3 is challanging.
PW 4 is death for all that enter it.

Hrith
Jan 29, 2005, 08:40 AM
Armok, good to see you !

And PW#1+2 are not easy if you do not have a team of 4 players Lv 130+

PW#3 requires at least 3 people Lv 140+.

PW#4...

Omega_Nova
Jan 29, 2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks, anyways once BB comes out for North America my characters will probably be a Humar, Racaseal, Fonewm and fonewearl, which should make things go relatively smooth, the only problem character I'll have is probably the Humar.

Anybody know if a guide is being made for the PW quests?

Sitka
Jan 29, 2005, 02:29 PM
PW1 & 2 are pretty easy once you're at a high level...

xbox doesn't have PW3 yet...

but PW4.........

HOLY SHIT!!!

Even with 4 lvl 190+ chars, you are going to die a lot. Bring a ton of moons, scapes and pray your force knows what the hell they are doing. It helps to have a VERY HIGH EDK as megid seems to spew out of every corner. Tons of one-hit kill shots coming at you.

Don't need a guide - it's just all out melee crazy.

With that, it's a gas, gas, gas!

Nai_Calus
Jan 29, 2005, 02:34 PM
On 2005-01-29 11:29, Sitka wrote:

Don't need a guide - it's just all out three Frozen Shooters, a Snow Queen and a good FO crazy.

Slight correction. >_>

Sitka
Jan 29, 2005, 02:44 PM
Fuckin dead on Ian!

True DAT!

Hrith
Jan 29, 2005, 02:46 PM
On 2005-01-29 11:29, Sitka wrote:
It helps to have a VERY HIGH EDK as megid seems to spew out of every corner. Tons of one-hit kill shots coming at you.
Actually, EDK won't help much, only Del Lily spits Megid, and it's not really hard to keep them busy/freeze them, besides, if the FO with you is a good FO, he knows it's his job to prevent Megid spitting with interspersed Rafoie and/or Razonde.

All other attacks are one hit kill, so don't bother.

-Two things are important:
you must have over 1000 HP, mainly fir Gi Gue (deals 900 fixed damage), and Epsilon; it helps for Ill Gill and Delbiter.
-You must have good EFR if your HP is low (low being 1000 to 1200). If you have 1000 HP, you will need 35 EFR at least.

Other than that, Rangers are way better than Hunters in that quest, HUcast is the only good Hunter there; all Rangers should have a Frozen Shooter; having two androids help, one is almost mandatory; the Force better be a female; one player at least should be Lv 170+; confused Ill Gills can kill any target in one hit; Ill Gill's charge is ATP based, so high DFP will save your hide; you WILL die 20 times on your first try, don't fight it.

Axel3792
Jan 29, 2005, 03:35 PM
PW4 IS PURE EVIL. I can manage through about 5 to 7 levels by myself, but only using the 127% hacked weapons (I'm definitely not spending all day fighting trio after trio of those damn Delbiters!). Not saying that's the only way to do it, but if you do it totally legit, your'e gonna need some of the biggest badasses on PSO to finish...
---
Get the biggest sword, gun, tech, and shield/armor you can find. Tell your other party members the same. GOOD LUCK

Sitka
Jan 30, 2005, 12:13 AM
We're doing it with 100% legit characters - but that doesn't mean we don't die - a lot!!!

It is hella fun though.

EJ
Jan 30, 2005, 12:46 AM
On 2005-01-29 05:40, Kef wrote:
Armok, good to see you !

And PW#1+2 are not easy if you do not have a team of 4 players Lv 130+

PW#3 requires at least 3 people Lv 140+.

PW#4...

Agree PW4, is just ....

But Pw1-3 is easy when you know how to do them and have a good team with you.

Garm
Jan 30, 2005, 08:14 AM
pw3 is easy. we had a lvl 81 foney (heh died alot), lvl 118 racaseal, lvl 190 humar (he used god hand >.<) and me a lvl 153 humar. we barely had probs till the final room/ any other room with more than 2 delbiters. when the other humar and I dced we had to stop (final room 95% finished) so after that I dont know how we did it.

PW4, only a hurafomarmarlnewmnewearlcastcaseal could solo it, it's hell w/o satan.

Tycho
Jan 30, 2005, 12:34 PM
PW#4 is fun. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
But.. you will definitely need a good team.

The other PWs don't have many good one hit kill moves (Meri's OHK, Depth's Megid), so a decent team should not die in there.

SLON
Jan 31, 2005, 08:03 AM
The big downer on PW4 is having to get your mag syncro back up afterwards, groan!

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 2, 2005, 12:01 AM
I thought Flow DNA is available now on BB

EJ
Feb 2, 2005, 01:51 AM
That was according to Arislan that both PG:Flow and Red Ring can be found, but no one found it yet.

Skorpius
Feb 2, 2005, 02:29 AM
lol... I must say it:

PW4 is fucking easy. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know jack XP

Hrith
Feb 2, 2005, 07:31 AM
I must say, stop using hacks. Either that, or try to go past 9F.

I did PW#4 yesterday, FOnl Lv 190, HUnl Lv 170, HUcast Lv 130, RAmar Lv 200.
I died 6 times, and I died the least.

The RAmar, fully equipped had to solo 4 Ill Gills at one point, 4 Ill Gills with Jellen and Zalure Lv 30; he died nonetheless, you CANNOT solo 4 Ill Gills in an open room, they keep tackling you until you die, no matter how much you Resta, and if they feel like it, they one-hit kill you.

The wave of 6 Ill Gills and 2 Del Lilies is hell with 4 players, and the attention of monsters is divided by 4, obviously. That is strictly impossible to solo. All the monsters attacking you ? get real, you'd die in a split second, 99% of the time you do not have time to Jellen Ill Gills before they charge. Their charge takes away over 800 HP if you have over 1000 DFP, and that's excluding criticals.

The only occurences (10 or so times) that I did PW#4 smoothly and without dying were with a team of at least 2 droids, 2 rangers and all 4 players above Lv 160.
For the record, I have done 89 FULL Phantasmal World# 4 runs, so you're the one that doesn't know jack about the quest.

PW#4 is difficult, VERY difficult, calling it hell is still an understatement. No dicsussion.

Skorpius
Feb 2, 2005, 03:58 PM
I must say, stop using hacks. Either that, or try to go past 9F.
You DO realise the quest and the game itself legitly allows you to be invincible for 30 second periiods, and other lengths of time as well? :l

The RAmar, fully equipped had to solo 4 Ill Gills at one point, 4 Ill Gills with Jellen and Zalure Lv 30; he died nonetheless, you CANNOT solo 4 Ill Gills in an open room, they keep tackling you until you die, no matter how much you Resta, and if they feel like it, they one-hit kill you.
RAmars can't Rabarta as effectively as a FOmarl.

The wave of 6 Ill Gills and 2 Del Lilies is hell with 4 players
Positioning is the key.
The only occurences (10 or so times) that I did PW#4 smoothly and without dying
I never said I don't die on the quest, that's what scapes are for. :/

For the record, I have done 89 FULL Phantasmal World# 4 runs, so you're the one that doesn't know jack about the quest.

Quality > Quantity

PW#4 is difficult, VERY difficult, calling it hell is still an understatement. No dicsussion.
It's a walk in the park compared to PW3, solo wise.

Remember, even though you get 100% of the shit in your face, you still can keep tabs on EVERY MONSTER. You know what everything is doing and you can do something about it, instead of an Ill Gill coming from nowhere killing you with some random attack. You can keep everything in front of you, or deal with it accordingly. Sorry, Kef, I just seem to be able to solo better than you. Please stop trying to disprove my abilities, because it's not going to work, and you'll just make yourself look even more of an ass. :/

Sitka
Feb 2, 2005, 04:07 PM
Skorpius:

Prove it.

I've checked out your website. You know your way around a computer.

Film yourself soloing PW4, lets see your stats, weapons and gear and post it.

That would end the argument.

I, for one, agree with Kef: I don't believe it can be done - I know I can't do it.

But if you can, I would love to see it.

Skorpius
Feb 2, 2005, 05:35 PM
Actually, I don't have a video card, and I don;t know my way around a computer. My friend, the other admin, is the one who does the technical stuff.

If you don;t believe me, you can play with me if you want to. Nidra + Del Lily + Blessing = pure pwnage. Jesus..

Do you people understand that this game ALLOWS YOU TO TAKE NO DAMAGE??? If you can;t do it, then you aren't taking advantage of anything at all. FOmar / FOmarl can most likely do this quest with just a pair of 30 hit Mechs (omg, my FOmarl 177 is Purp) and a 30 hit Holy Ray (HUne, 148 Bluefull), both of which I have legit. ;l Damn..

Brightness Circle
God/Battle
God/Arm
God/Power
Cure/Confuse
Rico's Earrings

What hacks? Blesing and Mag Invincibility are not hacks, guys. Get over yourselves, I can solo this thing, and have done so before. I'll be oding it again tonight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-02 14:38 ]</font>

Sitka
Feb 2, 2005, 05:55 PM
Well fair play to you then.

I wish I could play with you, and Kef, and Tycho and all the c-moders and on an on - but I'm on xbox.

So....I'll take your word for it.