PDA

View Full Version : Classes for new characters

Zeroy
Jan 29, 2005, 01:41 PM
I want to create more characters (I currently only have one http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif), but I can't decide on classes or IDs. It's been a while since I played PSO, so I don't remember alot of the little details.

I want to make a FOrce and a RAnger, but I'd like to get some pros and cons of all the classes. I also want to make another HUnter other then my HUmar.

Ketchup345
Jan 29, 2005, 01:45 PM
Offline only? Some online? If online, do you often have a competent FOrce?

What do you already have (it helps to put this in your post, even if it is in your profile)?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-01-29 10:49 ]</font>

Zeroy
Jan 29, 2005, 01:46 PM
Offline currently, but I will probably get online soon. All I have now is a HUmar, Skyly, Level 110 or so.

TheOneHero
Jan 29, 2005, 01:47 PM
Ramarl - ID: Purplenum, Whitill, Yellowboze, Greennil.
Fonewerl (if you want a challange) - ID: Bluefull, Whitill, Viridia.
Hucaseal/Hucast - ID: Redira, Skyly, Yellowboze.

I'd go with one of those, though it's entirely up to you on what you will be hunting. So check out the item database and see. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hrith
Jan 29, 2005, 02:17 PM
On 2005-01-29 10:47, TheOneHero wrote:
Ramarl - ID: Purplenum, Whitill, Yellowboze, Greennil.
Fonewearl (if you want a challange) - ID: Bluefull, Whitill, Viridia.
Hucaseal/Hucast - ID: Redria, Skyly, Yellowboze.
Yellowboze ? o_O

And why suggest Greennill and Purplenum ? Purplenum makes Greennill useless.

And Whitill is a very good Hunter ID, better than Redria for instance.

Anyway, don't make a Yellowboze, unless you already have at least three of the best IDs (Whitill, Purplenum, Skyly, Viridia, Redria).

rena-ko
Jan 29, 2005, 05:01 PM
yellow is a nice allround quartiary ID. nothing more, nothing less. and it gives neat chairs.

besides this... what has been said up there.

Tycho
Jan 29, 2005, 07:00 PM
Go with any ID, except Bluefull, Greenill, Pinkal, or another Skyly. x_x;
You should try to figure out which ID fits your personal wants best.

On 2005-01-29 11:17, Kef wrote:

Anyway, don't make a Yellowboze, unless you already have at least three of the best IDs (Whitill, Purplenum, Skyly, Viridia, Redria).

Hm.. Are you positive Viridia is that great in general, outside of 'that' quest? o.o;
Other than that, I do agree on this.

Sitka
Jan 30, 2005, 12:01 AM
Awesome sig Tycho!

Here's my take:

Hunter: Skyly Hucast/Hucaseal (nice swords, lots of red weapons, chance at J-sword). PLUS you get a nice c-mode character. Tower runs are the bomb.

Ranger: I LUV my Racast. Awesome character choice, IMO. Ramarl is, of course, also awesome. Purplenum would be nice if only for those Yas 9000m, but any id that has a Hildetorr dropping frozen shooters will work.

Force: Kef - you are right of course - FONEWEARL - Damn she rocks. Mine is now at 119 and I can do so well in ultimate that is shocks me. She's fricking awesome! Don't get me wrong, I love my FOnewm as well, but FOnewearl is frickin awesome. Mine is Pinkal (ya, steered wrong by the guides so long ago - but I've also got a Redria FOnewearl now, so look out). For your id, choose Whitill. Awesome id.

Okay, I had my say. And after looking at a few web pages like Rena-ko's, Violet Skyes, and Kef's, I realize I don't know half the shit most of you guys do, so go easy on me.

kazuma56
Jan 30, 2005, 04:26 PM
Ranger- either RAmar or Ramarl, but if you're new to the class, pick RAmarl because she is the newbie entry into the class. I.D, either Purplenum or Greenill but I wouls suggest Greenill, because you have a shot at the some of, if not the best armors in the game, you also have access to all the Photon Launcher weapons and have the ability to find a high hit Demon's Laser faster than any other I.D.

Can't help with forces, I picked a Fomar because he was new and was said to be the battle Force, although his ATA is the worst ever, so maybe a Fomarl or fonewearl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-01-30 13:27 ]</font>

Sayara
Jan 30, 2005, 05:01 PM
For Ranger, Racassie is said to be easier to use than Ramarl. Since Racassie has that cut and dry Ranger Trait. I shoot stuff, i can smack things accurate, and have no magic. (Well all casts are like that but...) For ID sake, Purple is mech happy, Green is Rifle happy and Viridia is Shot. You should at least choose which one you want.

Force wise, all of the forces are bit tricky to use. But Newm and Neweral are more Tech Tech Tech.
You may know that Newm has the Gi/Ra Boosts while Neweral has the Basic Boost as well as Resta/Anti however being offline Resta and Anti Ranges wont be super important, (unless you love the babysitting quests).

In any case i am running this through MY opinions meaning what i say could probably be not the correct info, however i feel this is what i think the cases are. If you want the offical word, Check out the guides here, they'll tell you the specifics you need to know about any of the classes. And This sticky (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=88755&forum=7&32) if you care for maxing out.

DezoPenguin
Jan 30, 2005, 10:27 PM
Hm...if you're offline only, or do much of your play offline, grab a Redria with one of your characters. The rare drops are iffy overall but the ID is redeemed by many of the unique drops, and it doesn't have any completely sucky areas, though no extraordinary ones. Heck, access to God/Battle by itself will make your HUmar and whatever ranger you make that much more effective. For the other ID, I'd suggest Whitill or Purplenum, or grab both of them if you don't need Redria. Between those two and Skyly you can get your hands on almost everything worth getting in the game (or a reasonable substitute). Purplenum in the quintissential Ranger ID, providing the Yas9kM (mechguns with rifle range), the Spread Needle, and the Frozen Shooter.

RAmarl is the best and most well-rounded of the Ranger classes, and is arguably the single most functional class in the game in any situation. RAcast and RAmar might be better for you if you do a lot of playing online with someone else being the Force. RAcaseal is possibly the weakest class in the game; if you're going to play an android ranger, stick with the RAcast unless you just like the aesthetics of it (like me).

For your force, unless you're incredibly attracted to how the FOmarl or FOnewm look, pick the FOmar if you want to use your force for melee or ranged physical combat, while if you intend to be a technique-using or support force grab the FOnewearl (j/z bonus, 30% basic tech bonus, piercing Megid for Episode 2, and the highest MST and TP in the game). FOnewms are generally inferior to FOnewearls (especially as a support force; you'll need equipment to make up for the deficiencies), though that 30% bonus to Ra-techs can be handy.

Garm
Jan 31, 2005, 02:29 AM
On 2005-01-29 11:17, Kef wrote:
And why suggest Greennill and Purplenum ? Purplenum makes Greennill useless.

I am one who doesn't like mechs on my ra (That is untill my RAcast hits ult), so it's the other way around. And don't forget greennill also has a shot at guld and CAN find some good hu weps (I said can but the drop rates are not great).

ID's you must have for a RA are either green/purp/white or if you want a needle in ruins red/yellow
Fo's should go for redria or whitill, or when your patient purplenum.

Hrith
Jan 31, 2005, 08:22 AM
On 2005-01-30 23:29, Garm wrote:
I am one who doesn't like mechs on my ra (That is untill my RAcast hits ult), so it's the other way around. And don't forget greennill also has a shot at guld and CAN find some good hu weps (I said can but the drop rates are not great).
Purplenum finds more good HU and FO weapons than Greennill, and even if you do not like mechguns, Purplenum is still better.

If you want a needle in ruins red/yellow
Purplenum and Greennill get this, too.

Garm
Jan 31, 2005, 10:52 AM
On 2005-01-31 05:22, Kef wrote:

Purplenum finds more good HU and FO weapons than Greennill, and even if you do not like mechguns, Purplenum is still better.

Greennill has better acces to easy rares (piping might be a bit lame but the best way to get items IMO). And purplenum doesn't find a demo comet, wich is very good looking IMO (yes I know it's the worst possible drop). A well I have both in offline ultimate (purplenums only use is pwand and god/minds tho) and play a lot with purplenums, since most who are online are either sky, purp, red or white. And posts like this cause even more people to make one of those IDs (If this truns into a discussion I'm going to lose so no more posts for me, since it bascly is just spam.) but only seeing the same ID online does get boring. I'm so happy when a pinkal joins, not for the drops but for some variation.
And if purplenum finds good HU weps I'm goin to look now (not much time). But the only real good fo wep is a p-wand or corcerors cane and summit moon. And greennill can find them all, though p-wand is almost impossible. For HU weps I know some good green drops and going to check the purplenums now (I only know soul banish). I'll be back when i can edit this post >.>

I know that but redria finds very good items for other classes and yellowboze can fiind all the enemy parts. Just forgot them n_n"

KveerRaven
Jan 31, 2005, 10:56 AM
Hey, I've been a strict Yellowboze ID player and its been quite loyal to me, *glares at Kef for spitting such poison*
Nah, just kiddin around. Its alright, not great, not horrible, just decent. I'll be moving to a Skyly or Blueful next. Or Purplenum if I decide to make a RAcast.

TheOneHero
Jan 31, 2005, 11:03 AM
Don't forget Kef, Yellowboze has better chance at hit. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Not to mention the easy Red Handgun/Saber drops in forest.

Garm
Jan 31, 2005, 11:04 AM
On 2005-01-31 07:52, Garm wrote:

On 2005-01-31 05:22, Kef wrote:

Greennill has better acces to easy rares (piping might be a bit lame but the best way to get items IMO). And purplenum doesn't find a demo comet, wich is very good looking IMO (yes I know it's the worst possible drop). A well I have both in offline ultimate (purplenums only use is pwand and god/minds tho) and play a lot with purplenums, since most who are online are either sky, purp, red or white. And posts like this cause even more people to make one of those IDs (If this truns into a discussion I'm going to lose so no more posts for me, since it bascly is just spam.) but only seeing the same ID online does get boring. I'm so happy when a pinkal joins, not for the drops but for some variation.
And if purplenum finds good HU weps I'm goin to look now (not much time). But the only real good fo wep is a p-wand or corcerors cane and summit moon. And greennill can find them all, though p-wand is almost impossible. For HU weps I know some good green drops and going to check the purplenums now (I only know soul banish)(Hehe wrong ID in my head). Ok looked at ult drops again and i found out that greennill finds better (looking) HU weps (not good drop rates) but purplenum finds loads of better FO stuff (not stat wise but looks wise).
Purp interesting IMO: Lavis, Red Daggers, PoL, Kamui.
Green interesting IMO: Demo COmet, Morning GLory, Red Daggers, Kamui, Berdysh, Asuka.
On FO weps no doubt tho: Purp is you ID for sure.

I know that but redria finds very good items for other classes and yellowboze can fiind all the enemy parts. Just forgot them n_n"

Mixfortune
Jan 31, 2005, 11:06 AM
On 2005-01-31 07:56, KveerRaven wrote:
Hey, I've been a strict Yellowboze ID player and its been quite loyal to me, *glares at Kef for spitting such poison*
Nah, just kiddin around. Its alright, not great, not horrible, just decent. I'll be moving to a Skyly or Blueful next. Or Purplenum if I decide to make a RAcast.

I'd recommend staying away from Bluefull. Most of its 'best drops' aren't quite worth it, and its rares oftentimes have better drops elsewhere, with the exception of Holy Ray.

If you're looking for something different, go for it, but don't expect too much out of it. It's really on the lower end.

Hrith
Jan 31, 2005, 11:13 AM
Bluefull is on par with Pinkal for worst ID in the game, don't make one, for your sake.

You made a very good point, Garm, here is the list of good HU and FO weapons in Purplenum, to save you the trouble:
HU
Cross Scar/Bloody Art with hit% are very good weapons.
Easiest Lavis Cannon for non pipers or BB users.
Easiest Red Handgun, by very far.
Easy Red Dagger.
Easiest Kamui.
Easiest Agito 1975.
Partisan of Lightning.

FO
Psycho Wand, one of the 3 IDs that get a realistic drop.
Bringer's Right Arm
Hitogata and Book of Hitogata.
Demonic Fork.
The Sigh of a God.
Hildeblue's Cane.
Magic Rock "moola".

And I did not list units and armours, just weapons, many of which Greennill cannot even get, or at impossible rates. And all that knowing Purplenum is the best Ranger ID, as well.

Nai_Calus
Jan 31, 2005, 12:01 PM
Alright. I've got my own question along these lines, and there's no sense in making a redundant thread. SKYLY/YELLOWBOZE HUcast/HUcaseal?

SKYLY pros:

Uh... Um... Good Tower?

SKYLY cons:

I. Hate. Swords. I don't care WHAT class I use, they're still getting Red Partisans from my WHITILL. >_<
I'm making a droid HU. Tower doesn't enter the equation. >_>;
I... Uh... Have both things I want off SKYLY already, and if I really want another of either, I can find them off my REDRIA.

YELLOWBOZE pros:

All-around good ID, nothing horribly spectacular but not awful either, and I'm actually interested in a lot of the drops.

YELLOWBOZE cons:

Really ugly chair.
Really, REALLY ugly chair.

HUcast pros:

ONG ATP!111one
Good for c-mode, better Saber animation, but ATA leaves something to be desired in stages where you start with swords, not usually likely to get a gun and be able to use it.
Can make Rati with either proposed ID.

HUcast cons:

There's one possible decent-looking HUcast, and EVERYBODY has one just like him.
Eh... Worst ATA of the HU without equipment I'll never find.

HUcaseal pros:

ONG ATA!!11one
Good for c-mode, worse Saber animation, but has the ATA to compensate somewhat for the stages where you start with a sword, works as ghetto RA due to ATA, already familiar with.
I can make several of them I like the looks of.

HUcaseal cons:

Entirely too much like RAcast, which I already have one of.
I've heard bad things about their ability to fend for themselves fresh into Ult and their trap growth.
Buttcleavage. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
Can't make Rati with a HUcaseal.

I'm pretty decided on SKYLY vs YELLOWBOZE, but I'm not sure about the HUcl/HUct thing.

Now, there is one other possibility: My WHITILL HUmar is only L19, and can safely be recreated at this point as virtually no work has gone into him yet. If I recreate HIM to the YELLOWBOZE and make my proposed droid HU WHITILL instead, I can have him make Rati, as he'll be both male, HU and the right ID.

Too bad I didn't do this back before the ID calculation change when Ian-Kun X was still a YELLOWBOZE name... XD

So... Thoughts? Someone convince me one way or the other?

Hrith
Jan 31, 2005, 12:22 PM
Don't worry, Skyly has many, MANY excellent drops besides swords.

You know I will vouch for Skyly HUcast.

Yellowboze is a meh ID to begin with, but your Purplenum and Whitill cover any good drop it could have left, honestly.

HUcast's ATA is not a problem if you have weapon with hit%.

Do you have the roulete on BB ?
If you do, remember that 9-star daggers, swords, partisans, etc. with 30% hit will give the HUcast better ATA and ATP than a HUcaseal with 10 or 11-star weapons of the same class.
If you don't have roulette, find them http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif it's easy.

In other words, what HUcaseal has, HUcast can have; but what HUcast has, HUcaseal cannot have.

About c-mode, HUcaseal is better in Episode 1 (except maybe c9) and HUcast is better for Episode 2 (except maybe c3).

I honestly only create HUcaseals for temp C-mode chars, even for Ep2.

But I still highly suggest Skyly HUcast, just make it how you like it, and hope there aren't many like that on BB.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-01-31 09:24 ]</font>

HUcastShinobi
Jan 31, 2005, 03:23 PM
I recently began my FOnewearl about 2 weeks ago, and shes awesome! if you have good items like digger/hp or general/hp, that will benfit you at the start. also, give your better character the mag of the character you are getting, cause you can keep training your main, finding items for both of em, and feeding your mags at the same time! it works wonders, trust me. and forces will need those disks you have, so spend and find them at all costs! FOnewearl is a challenge, but luckly, my brother has a HUnewearl that he has a yellow barrier in his box. and suprise suprise, while i was half-assing with the FOnewearl, i found an amplifer of zonde, so now i zonde hunt everything, and it PWNS! if you got anything like that, make sure its a basic ability amplifer, cause you will use those more, cause she starts with a 1.3x with the basic offensives (zonde, barta & foie). its worth it, cause if you play multiplayer/online, her support will be a huge benefit to the other players...

kazuma56
Jan 31, 2005, 08:31 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't purplenum suck ass when it comes to rare armors?

Hrith
Jan 31, 2005, 09:04 PM
On 2005-01-31 17:31, kazuma56 wrote:
correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't purplenum suck ass when it comes to rare armors?
You're wrong.

Iceninja
Feb 1, 2005, 05:05 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong...but...
The only real advantage Greenill has over Purplenum (for a ranger) are the insanely easy drops of a Yas 3k and a Guard Wave. Sure, Greenill can get a Guld Milla, but let's be realistic. Your odds of getting BOTH handguns are -EXTREMELY- low. Plus Purplenum gets the, oh so sweet, Yas 9k http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Garm
Feb 1, 2005, 05:17 AM
On 2005-01-31 08:13, Kef wrote:
Bluefull is on par with Pinkal for worst ID in the game, don't make one, for your sake.

You made a very good point, Garm, here is the list of good HU and FO weapons in Purplenum, to save you the trouble:
HU
Cross Scar/Bloody Art with hit% are very good weapons.
Easiest Lavis Cannon for non pipers or BB users.
Easiest Red Handgun, by very far.
Easy Red Dagger.
Easiest Kamui.
Easiest Agito 1975.
Partisan of Lightning.

FO
Psycho Wand, one of the 3 IDs that get a realistic drop.
Bringer's Right Arm
Hitogata and Book of Hitogata.
Demonic Fork.
The Sigh of a God.
Hildeblue's Cane.
Magic Rock "moola".

And I did not list units and armours, just weapons, many of which Greennill cannot even get, or at impossible rates. And all that knowing Purplenum is the best Ranger ID, as well.

I said no more post but I just had to http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Easiest Agito is for whitill and pinkal, red handgun is for redria. The red dagger, hit 9 star daggers are also on green. Greennill can find asuka, and twin sword are better than twin sabers (not in looks tho). AS for FO weps no doubt Purp beats the shit out of Green. Armors they are both equal. But Ra: greennill can find both NUG and the guld. Yas 3k is nice for low lvl rangers. They share the same yas 7k. needle and FS drop and can both get syncesta. They seem equal to me now and when you have greennill there is nu use in purplenum (maby if you really want p-wand and yas 9k). When you have purp you're gonna miss the most impossible guld and nug drops for hunts, since the other drops you can get are sweet IMO. Now I'm really leaving this topic >.>

Hrith
Feb 1, 2005, 08:05 AM
On 2005-02-01 02:17, Garm wrote:
Easiest Agito is for whitill and pinkal, red handgun is for redria.
Wrong, wrong and wrong.
Piping for red handguns is a lot tougher than doing 3 Purplenum FiY runs, a lot.
The drop for Pinkal and Whitill Agito 75 is 1/22, I know some people that went thru 98 Pal Rappies before finding it, so you fail, once again.
And you cannot pipe on BB.

Just stop saying bullshit, I made drop charts and several other guides, I just know better.

twin sword are better than twin sabers
Continue, how are they better ? you're almost interesting.

But Ra: greennill can find both NUG and the guld.Both suck, you know that ? NUG is a bad weapon unless you are extremely lucky and get one with 40% hit, Guld sucks wihout Milla.

Yas 3k is nice for low lvl rangers.
Yas9k > Yas3k, end of story.
I never see Yas3k online, every ranger has Yas9k, or hunting them.

So like I said in the first place, Purplenum makes Greennill useless, while Greennill is definitely lacking on sone areas compared to Purplenum, hence it's a bad ID.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-02-01 05:05 ]</font>

Garm
Feb 1, 2005, 10:46 AM
Since you asked to continue.

On 2005-02-01 05:05, Kef wrote:
Wrong, wrong and wrong.
Piping for red handguns is a lot tougher than doing 3 Purplenum FiY runs, a lot.
The drop for Pinkal and Whitill Agito 75 is 1/22, I know some people that went thru 98 Pal Rappies before finding it, so you fail, once again.
And you cannot pipe on BB.

Just stop saying bullshit, I made drop charts and several other guides, I just know better.

Pal Rappys show up alot, even when you don't want to. The agito and red handgun (pipeable drops) depend on luck, and isn't the tollaw drop easier for low lvl chars? Piping > hunting IMO. Though I did find my red handgun on a purplenum rappy, but then again I haven't tried the redria drop yet (rushed through forest). And you know people who went through 98 Pal to get one? I got 2 mil lillys and got 2 agito, now you know the opposite of happening.

Continue, how are they better ? you're almost interesting.

1. They're faster (animation wise) A double saber is sooo slow, I never use one without a god/battle (then again I always have my god/battle equipped) 2. They give more atp and ata (no 300% hit bkbs counted)

Both suck, you know that ? NUG is a bad weapon unless you are extremely lucky and get one with 40% hit, Guld sucks wihout Milla.

I know they suck stat wise but I love their style. Thats why I use most of my hu weps (Not atm I'm looking for drops where claw animations don't help)
Thats my main reason of playing... NUG is just big http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif big > mini foney IMO. Guld is something nice to find (whitill sorceror/greennill delsaber drops red box, probarly a PD, whats the first thing you think whe you see the gun icon?) I know you have guld milla and tell me what was the first thing you said/thought when you saw the guld drop eh?

Yas 3k is nice for low lvl rangers.
Yas9k > Yas3k, end of story.
I never see Yas3k online, every ranger has Yas9k, or hunting them.

Play with me and that will change. Yas9k pwns yas3k stat wise but some people might like the looks of it more than the 9k, ever thought of that? Sure they're uzi's with loads of bullets poppin out but who cares? Most of the Ra's online who use a yas9k never look at the 3k, I'm sure of it. The style, the simplicity, the use of clours. The 9k are just plain old grey guns. And the 3k sure helped me out to actually damage in ult when I was just a justy user.
Then again FS and needle combo makes all other RA weps usueless, not in style though.

[quote]
So like I said in the first place, Purplenum makes Greennill useless, while Greennill is definitely lacking on sone areas compared to Purplenum, hence it's a bad ID.
[/qoute]

It's not a bad ID. The RA drops are equal on both. Greennill finds better HU weps. Purplenum find better FO weps. Purplenum is an ID for either a FOnewm who desperatly needs a p-wand or a ra who starts to drool when he/she sees a Uzi and doesn't like a green emblem on his outfit.

Hrith
Feb 1, 2005, 12:01 PM
You are completely wrong, on everything you said, end of discussion.

Facts > your opinion.

Luis
Feb 1, 2005, 12:12 PM
kef dont be so hard with the greennill guy, if he wants to play as green, let it be, and he got one point right, its fun to play with diferent game styles!! some players uses yas9000 ( and i am one of them purple id ranger, and dont reget about being one ) but should be fun to play with another ranger with diferents weapons, or diferents mags or diferents IDs.

DezoPenguin
Feb 1, 2005, 03:24 PM
Regarding Yas9kM versus Yas3kR...um, why would anyone compare the two against one another? 9k is a mechgun and 3k is a rifle. The 3k is the best rifle in the game, ATP-wise, yes, but with no special and being relatively rare...um...you'd almost be better off with a Justy, wouldn't you? I mean, since it's so much more common, you're far more likely to get a Justy to drop with hit %, and it's got that nice Devil's special...

...and if you're going to fire a rifle at something as a high-level ranger, wouldn't it be more likely to be a Frozen Shooter, anyway?

So ultimately, the Yas3kR is basically a "fun" or "looks cool" weapon...which is just fine, if you happen to like its looks, but doesn't really belong in a stats-based analysis of what section ID is better.

(On the good side, you can do Unsealed Door runs in Greennill and hunt for a Yas3k and a Holy Ray at the same time, which is kind of nice ^_^)

With regard to the Agito 1975 drop, Kef, are you referring to that Mericus 1/1280 drop as being the best in the game? I mean, I'll buy that for Blue Burst, where piping doesn't work, but I'm sure I can pipe a bunch of Whitill Mil Lilies* a lot faster than I can do enough Tower runs to get a Mericus to kick out.

Of course, I'm playing offline without benefit of a bunch of teammates, which matters too.

*And why, oh, why, would anyone make a Pinkal to pipe 7 or 8 Pal Rappies in FiY, when they can pipe 9 Mil Lilies in Waterfall Tears for the same drop rate in Whitill, which is one of the game's best two or three IDs?

Mixfortune
Feb 1, 2005, 04:02 PM
I know they suck stat wise but I love their style.

Yas9k pwns yas3k stat wise but some people might like the looks of it more than the 9k, ever thought of that?

First of all, don't recommend IDs to someone based on your personal sense of style. How the weapon functions > How the weapon looks, for ID recommends.

And from the looks of things, I'm not sure if you know what makes a 9kM worth hunting. It's more than just "cool looking guns", it's mechguns with range. Quite a bit of range, I might add. Sure, maybe some people get it because it looks good, but I know the reason I want one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-02-01 13:02 ]</font>

kazuma56
Feb 1, 2005, 08:28 PM
? what Armors does Purplenum have that Rival/beat Grennill?

Grennill has:

Guard Wave
Aura Field
Df Field
Flame Garment (for looks i guess)
SSS
Secure Feet

Not sure about other armors but those are the top ones that come to mind.

DezoPenguin
Feb 1, 2005, 08:59 PM
On 2005-02-01 17:28, kazuma56 wrote:
? what Armors does Purplenum have that Rival/beat Grennill?

Grennill has:

Guard Wave
Aura Field
Df Field
Flame Garment (for looks i guess)
SSS
Secure Feet

Not sure about other armors but those are the top ones that come to mind.

All drop rates taken from HeyFool's charts.

Greenill Armor:

Guard Wave (1/2 Pal Rappy)
DF Field (1/2926 Del-D/Ruins)
Stink Frame (1/1280 Crimson Assassin/Temple)
Aura Field (1/2560 Deldepth)
Flame Garment (1/2926 Ill Gill)

Purplenum Armor:

Sacred Cloth (1/2 Pal Rappy)
Smoking Plate (1/1862 Crimson Assassin/Caves)
DF Field (1/2276 Bulclaw)
Spirit Garment (1/1050 Del-D/Temple & 1/46 Gibbles on VH)
Electro Frame (1/2560 Deldepth)

Greenill Shields:

Kasami Bracer (1/2926 Canune)
Standstill Shield (1/3303 Merlan)
Secure Feet (1/2926 Zol Gibbon)

Purplenum Shields:

Kasami Bracer (1/2926 Canabin)
Tripolic Shield (1/2560 Morfos)
(Also note the easiest Attribute Wall and Delsaber's Left Arm in the game, both in Very Hard)

The problem with Greenill isn't that it's actually bad--it offers many good drops. It's that nearly everything it does offer can be found more easily in some other section ID. The Guard Wave is the game's easiest (arguable on Blue Burst, but probably still better), and the Flame Garment is unique to Greenill (but hardly spectacular or significant). Purplenum offers the game's best Kasami Bracer (many, many times more likely than the Greenill drop), the ultra-rare Tripolic, and the easy low-level shields. P'num can easily acquire a low-stats Aura Field with a Moola and Spirit Garment, which is a lot more likely than any Deldepth drop. The DF Fields are arguably similar (Greenill slightly better since Del-D's are higher count enemy), and P'num offers the Smoking Plate and Electro Frame, which Greenill doesn't have.

Greenill's best other advantages over Purplenum, the Aura Field and Standstill Shield drops, are both more easily acquired elsewhere, the Standstill off a Viridia Mil and the Aura Field off an Oran Mil or Redria Deldepth.

Basically, the problem with Greenill is that with a few minor exceptions, once you have the better "overall" IDs (Whitill, Purplenum, Skyly, Redria, and Viridia...possibly toss Oran in there as well but only if you're playing GC/Xbox) you've got all the decent Greenill drops covered. Honestly, the attractions of Greenill basically consist of (correct me if I've left any out, someone):

The game's easiest Guard Wave.
The game's second-easiest Holy Ray (and the easiest is on Bluefull, an even cheesier ID).
The unique Y3kR.
The unique Flame Garment.
The game's best Y2kH drop.
Frozen Shooter no worse (or better) than Whitill, Y'boze, or P'num
Star Amplifier tied with Viridia for easiest to run (pipable in Oran)
Spread Needle (tied with Yellowboze and Purplenum)
Handgun: GULD (easier in Whitill, but this is the only other place to get it)
The game's easiest Magic Rock: Moola drop (1/46 VH Hildebear in Temple--but an easy drop for many other IDs too)

Not much there--we're talking either "aesthetically pleasing" rather than statistically beneficial equipment like the Yasminkovs, or stuff that other IDs get as easily or more so.

Garm
Feb 2, 2005, 10:50 AM
If you recommend an ID people will always trun out with the same weapons: Rangers a needle/FS and yas 9k or GuldMilla (rare but still), hunters a god/battle, a double saber, an aura field and FO's a twinkle star/mst boosting cane. I don't like it, just go for style so when people ask for IDs don't just give them the best IDs, but also give the one with the most style in the game. Twin chacks are cool, but then again hunted by alot. Morning glory just looks cool. Just add pics/links and opinions. I have a redria, greennill, whitill, skyly, viridia and I love the greennill and viridia the most. Why? almost impossible drops and some vool looking weps. And my opinion > facts, kef, actually all opionions > facts since it's a game about style na d the only part where style is useless is in the tower quests.
BTW I know the yas 9k has range but get a rifle for gods sake: they're big http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif. Or get a pair of twin psycho guns for badass guns IMO.

Tycho
Feb 2, 2005, 12:25 PM
Greenill isn't that good.

On 2005-02-02 07:50, Garm wrote:

just go for style

I agree. But on the other hand, if everyone is going to play a Redria, the Redria drops will get a decreasing value anyway, so in the end everything will work out. Or maybe it would be a better example to say Bluefull rares will get an increasing value, since you rarely seen a Bluefull online..

By the way, Kef's facts still pwn your opinions.

kazuma56
Feb 2, 2005, 05:21 PM
But Drop rates don't mean anything really, I found a 40,000 drop rate Guld on my first multiplayer run through Spaceship on Ult, which is insane compared to anything I ever found or will find.

The point i'm really trying ti get at is, why make 3-4 other I.D's just to get 1 item while Grennill has them already? I rather spend 20-30 hours looking for a rare rather than wasting that time on leveling up another character to Ult just to look for it.

Sure you could tweak them there to get them to ultimate faster, but it just kills the point of making a character if there just power-housing their way through levels, it kills the game because its easy enough as is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-02-02 14:23 ]</font>

Hrith
Feb 2, 2005, 05:24 PM
On 2005-02-02 14:21, kazuma56 wrote:
But Drop rates don't mean anything really, I found a 40,000 Guld on my first multiplayer run through Spaceship on Ult, which is insane compared to anything I ever found or will find.
That is not even an argument -_-
I could say that you might have found one after 100 000 Delsabers slain, this has no value.

Saying "make this ID, because you might luck out" is incredibly stupid, and misguiding.

And remember, fun is subjective.

kazuma56
Feb 2, 2005, 05:31 PM
I could say that you might have found one after 100 000 Delsabers slain, this has no value.

Saying "make this ID, because you might luck out" is incredibly stupid, and misguiding.

Fact is, I didn't kill that many Delsabers, and a 1/2 drop doesn't mean that after 2 mils you will get that AF, it's a ratio, and on top of that, you also have to find one first, I know someone that has killed about 50 or more torrs and hasn't seen a FS yet, so the statement that you might find an item is true on any I.D, regardless of drop rate, unless it's a meager 1/30 or 100, your chances of getting said item are as good as the next person who has that item in the same I.D... that is if the drop rate isn't insanely high like 1000+.

Mixfortune
Feb 2, 2005, 05:37 PM
Garm: You still can't recommend IDs on style, because everyone has a different sense of style. What you find cool is not necessarily what others find cool. Hence, for ID recommends, stats and rates are common grounds.

Kazuma: Let me get this right... did you just say two droprates are relatively close to each other if it's between 100 and 1000?

Zeroy
Feb 2, 2005, 05:48 PM
Dang! I asked for details on the classes, not an ID war. I never should have mentioned the ID's I was planning on using. I got the ID's I wanted strictly from looking at the charts. Redria because my HUmar lacks good armor, and Purplenum because I liked the drops.

Everyone has their personal preferences for style and all that. There is no sence in arguing about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeroy on 2005-02-02 14:48 ]</font>

Hrith
Feb 2, 2005, 05:59 PM
Don't worry, Zeroy, whether you had created this topic or not, it wouldn't have changed much.

PaleKid15
Feb 2, 2005, 09:54 PM
On 2005-02-02 14:31, kazuma56 wrote:

Fact is, I didn't kill that many Delsabers, and a 1/2 drop doesn't mean that after 2 mils you will get that AF, it's a ratio, and on top of that, you also have to find one first, I know someone that has killed about 50 or more torrs and hasn't seen a FS yet, so the statement that you might find an item is true on any I.D, regardless of drop rate, unless it's a meager 1/30 or 100, your chances of getting said item are as good as the next person who has that item in the same I.D... that is if the drop rate isn't insanely high like 1000+.

Mathmatically and logically.. j00 phail kazuma. You are literally saying, 2 different numbers are the same. You like many other people need to learn that you shouldn't base an opinion on one or two examples. Just because you got a guld easily and your friend hasn't gotten an FS, does not mean drop rates don't matter. In both of those examples, someone else in the world took alot longer than they should have to get guld, and someone got an FS from their first Torr. It balances out, hence the drop rate being called an AVERAGE. As kef stated, you have no arguement. Bottom line: Purple > Green, Fact > Opinion, and you phail.

kazuma56
Feb 2, 2005, 09:54 PM
Kazuma: Let me get this right... did you just say two droprates are relatively close to each other if it's between 100 and 1000?

no, I said if their either 30-100 they are easy drops, but if the differences are insanely high like a purplenum gets a SSS at 390, while a redria gets it at 1500, then there is an obvious winner, although it really doesn't mean anything, just that you are more likely to get it, not that you will get it.

It's true Zeroy, regardless of what topic you created this would have happend, I'm not out looking for a debate but just stating that it'll save you the trouble if you created X I.D instead of creating 4-5 other I.D's just to get said drop easier.

kazuma56
Feb 2, 2005, 09:59 PM
Mathmatically and logically.. j00 phail kazuma. You are literally saying, 2 different numbers are the same. You like many other people need to learn that you shouldn't base an opinion on one or two examples. Just because you got a guld easily and your friend hasn't gotten an FS, does not mean drop rates don't matter. In both of those examples, someone else in the world took alot longer than they should have to get guld, and someone got an FS from their first Torr. It balances out, hence the drop rate being called an AVERAGE. As kef stated, you have no arguement. Bottom line: Purple > Green, Fact > Opinion, and you phail.

Exactly, it's an average, doesn't mean you will get the rare in said average range, its there doesn't mean it's 100% true, I'm not basing anything on examples, I just stated that to show that Drop rate's are not 100% fact, you can go on and say whatever you want, but the thing is, Drop Rates are more of a guideline to go by rather than what you should believe in.

PaleKid15
Feb 2, 2005, 10:10 PM
On 2005-02-02 18:59, kazuma56 wrote:

Exactly, it's an average, doesn't mean you will get the rare in said average range, its there doesn't mean it's 100% true, I'm not basing anything on examples, I just stated that to show that Drop rate's are not 100% fact, you can go on and say whatever you want, but the thing is, Drop Rates are more of a guideline to go by rather than what you should believe in.

... Exactly... and you use that guideline to decide where to hunt certain items. Everyone knows drop rates aren't set. You might get the item sooner at a harder rate, but hey, you might get corrupted too. When talking in terms of probability, you go with the more probable choice. And besides, you REALLY should have a few chars and ID's anyway.

Garm
Feb 3, 2005, 10:20 AM
On 2005-02-02 14:37, Mixfortune wrote:
Garm: You still can't recommend IDs on style, because everyone has a different sense of style. What you find cool is not necessarily what others find cool. Hence, for ID recommends, stats and rates are common grounds.

I was thinking something like this: Somebody ask for a good ID. Ofcource say that Redria and Whitill are necissary, since they (almost?) are. Then post another ID (or IDs who cares http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif) and name some items wch YOU like or you think are worth getting. If he's not a total n00b the poster should be able to look at them since the site hosts picks and decide wether he likes them or not.

Tycho in the end of PSO most will use the ites with the best stats, but now EP4 is coming there are some great looking weps. Wich will be spread around the IDs (giving Bluefull and Pinkal more and Redria and Whitill lees new ones or even make a new ID) and with a bit of luck (and no lazyness of SonicTeam) all IDs will be exactly even, in both stylish weps and usefull weps.

Ryuko
Feb 3, 2005, 10:24 AM
On 2005-02-03 07:20, Garm wrote:

Tycho in the end of PSO most will use the ites with the best stats, but now EP4 is coming there are some great looking weps. Wich will be spread around the IDs (giving Bluefull and Pinkal more and Redria and Whitill lees new ones or even make a new ID) and with a bit of luck (and no lazyness of SonicTeam) all IDs will be exactly even, in both stylish weps and usefull weps.

Dunno if most will use items based on stats over style, I find it much more fun to play a stylish character. You both look better, and find the game more of a challenge, something much of PSO is lacking. Except PW4, I break out the stats for that one.

Kouga
Feb 3, 2005, 01:45 PM
Style over Stats huh? Well, I agree in some cases. Like running through Forest with a Lv.150 HuMar on N or H. Are you gonna use a hacked Tsumikiri-J Sword with Native:127% just because you can score easily 6,000 damage + on a strong hit? ... maybe. But what if you like swinging red thingies like the Stag Cutlery? Or the pretty purple Lavis Cannon? ... How about beating Rappy's with their own wings? Can't beat beating someone, er, something with their own arm. Er, wing. (Am I the only who loves the feathers flying all over the place w/ using a Rappy's Fan?)

Sometimes I choose style over stats definately, but I find myself racking up as much ATP as possible when I'm going on Control Tower, TTF, or PW4 runs on VH or Ult. So.. it's definately a matter of what you're doing and where I guess.

And.. sheesh, what a heated debate over section IDs before..

kazuma56
Feb 3, 2005, 08:25 PM
I do have more other I.D's but for the purpose of this topic, I say it would be better just to have less I.D's rather than spending 10-20 more bucks just to make more I.D's.

Ryuko
Feb 4, 2005, 03:14 AM
On 2005-02-03 17:25, kazuma56 wrote:
I do have more other I.D's but for the purpose of this topic, I say it would be better just to have less I.D's rather than spending 10-20 more bucks just to make more I.D's.

Meh. I had three mem cards anyway, So I only had to choose which I.D.'s to have two of.