PDA

View Full Version : Need help on E2C4

Sitka
Jan 31, 2005, 11:01 AM
Last night ran with a team through E2 1-3 without a hitch. Smooth sailing. Was bringing my FOnewearl through E2 for the first time and felt I did very well. Team was composed of Hucast, 2 Hucaseals and my FOnewearl. All three stages were a little over 50 minutes - not TA times by any means, but good for the first time through with a force.

Then we moved on to E2C4

Very smooth sailing through all the early rooms, felt very comfortable with my role as the force, no worries - then came the room with the water on the floor where you get teleported if not all together.

I knew this, but what happened is a weapon dropped while fighting in the water. I took one teenie weenie step out of the water to fetch it and zap - the other three were gone and I was facing the 2 x Sinow room by myself.

Shit!

I knew enough not to get killed by the two first Sinows, so I got through that room and then into the room with recons - Domolms - 2 x Deldepths - 2 x Deldepths & 2 x Sinows. I gave them everything I had, bunch of damn doorway sitters, and finally cleared the room, but burned all my TP and fluids up.

The rest of the team had moved on, so I chased them and just past the room with the switch you shoot above the door to turn on the lights, there was a two light gate fence that had to be cleared with someone standing on the other side. We were screwed, the team had already moved on to the next area.

So we tried again. This time I was Hucast-humping in that damn water room so I wouldn't get ported alone and it happened again. Double Damn!

The second time in the endless nightmare c-mode room, I wasn't quite so lucky. Got confused, froze, buzzsawed, punched, jumped, mined, tripped and abused. Didn't make it through this time.

Team was pretty frustrated with the force and I was pretty frustrated with myself.

Two questions: 1) How do I ensure that this never happens again and 2) if it does happen again, how do I deal with that damn room.

We finished around 3 a.m. and I had frickin nightmares about Deldepths, Sinows and Recons!

Thanks for any suggestions.

rena-ko
Jan 31, 2005, 11:27 AM
alright first of:

your team sucks for not noticing you have to solo.

soloing - especially as a force is a no go for a sureclear because if you guys happen to not find a decent gun on the way, olga form 1 will be pretty much force duty (and take up to 10 minutes for that form alone).

so your situation actually screamed for remake.

then, if youre unused, you shouldnt do that stage more than once a day. its just eating nerves up like nothing if you lack experience with every little bit / or motivation in general (after a failure for example).

in the warp room - watch the enemies.
recoboxes and a few squids. everyone should stay / gather at the eastern door.

now take out the squids and a deldepth will appear. once this thing is down, the whole room will be checkered with invisible warps. right at the eastern door, there is a warp to the upper side (the way you went). you should either take this or the warp in the east-south-corner of the room (but keep at the door because you have a warp to the lower side inbetween those two).

whatever way you go, make sure you all go the same direction (or you have to practice the sinow slapdown from the upper to the lower side in the 2-sinow-room).

anyway. the whole team should make sure, everyone is past the fence-lock later on this map.

better luck next time.

and fonl: all HP mats until you hit 200 (but of course thats obvious)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2005-01-31 08:28 ]</font>

Ryna
Jan 31, 2005, 11:33 AM
As Rena said, there are invisible warps in that room. They are activated after the Deldepth dies.

When the Deldepth, the team should gather by the eastern door and dispatch it from there. If there are any items that need to be collected, do so before killing it. Once the Deldepth dies, the room will go dark and the warps will be activated. One of the warps is right around the Eastern door, just a few steps south of it. Everyone should try to walk into this warp.

Next time you get seperated like that, just die and remake the game. You'll lose a lot of mates fighting solo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-01-31 09:01 ]</font>

Sitka
Jan 31, 2005, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the information. I was begging to start the challenge over, but the other team members were more interested in "getting through it."

With fresh color versions of the map (thank you rena-ko), great info from the posters (thank you Sharkyland), and Yellow5's great EP2 c-Mode Time Attack post in front of me, I'm ready to go.

No, I'm obsessed with this challenge.

Now if I can get four xboxers with a bit of patience to run it....

yellow5
Jan 31, 2005, 06:02 PM
I posted this on a different forum, but thought it would be useful here:

The invisible warps in Area 23 are like this:

?.?
?.?
OX
XO

Where O warps you to the upper portion, and X warps you to the lower portion (bad!). The ? I'm not too sure about, but everyone usually stays near the bottom half of the room by either O warp anyway.

As mentioned, a good strategy is to stay near the lower east side of the room (near the door) and lure the enemies to you. The recons can be an annoyance though.

Btw, try out my new Olga Flow strat (stay near his right foot), see if it works for your team. Just make sure the Force keeps everyone's HP full at all times. Good luck and have fun. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sitka
Jan 31, 2005, 06:19 PM
Thanks yellow5.

I talked with the team about your strategy on Flow last night and we were all eager to try it - unfortunately, we never got that far.

I did try that strategy on ultimate and it didn't work well for me at that level. Flow was too fast and it seemed I was having trouble getting behind his right foot before his attacks. I hope it's a bit different on challenge, 'cause otherwise I have to really practice it.

As for the x's and o's, thanks a lot. I'll add those to the map rena-ko posted for me and try to employ it tonight.

Thanks again for the help.

Sitka
Feb 1, 2005, 03:08 PM
Tried the warp room again last night. Got the right spot and yelled at my teammates to head for where I was so we could all warp together.

One of them started arguing with me: "no, we just stay in the water - that's all."

I convinced two of them to head over to where I was and sure enough, we warped together. The other guy...he got my endless nightmare.

He died a few minutes later and so did our E2C4 run.

Try and try and try again.

Finished up with E1C7 very smooth run, but hella bad spawns: in one room, all at the same time, 4 or 5 Chaos Scorcerors, a Belra, a Delsaber and some Dimenians - pick your poison. I put a high hit Partisan to pretty good use right there.

Still trying to get that force through E2 - hopefully sooner rather than later.