PDA

View Full Version : Partisans =D

stormwalkr777
Jan 31, 2005, 01:54 PM
Just bored so thought I'd ask.......whats your fav partisan or do u like them at all? I personally dont see many if any of my friends use them so I have no idea my hunter is Skyly so I really dont get any worth mentioning save 1(Soul Bansih). Out of the ones I have seen though I'd say......

Brionac = Cool Looking
Soul Eater = Berserk *drools*
Vjaya = Weirdest Looking

KveerRaven
Jan 31, 2005, 01:58 PM
I think this thread should be moved to the Mag, Quest, Item, Section ID forum.

TheOneHero
Jan 31, 2005, 02:13 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=85222&forum=1&88

Stickies are our friends. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

stormwalkr777
Jan 31, 2005, 02:33 PM
Sorry I havent been back long not used to forums again yet so look over me XD. If a mod would be so kind as to move this to the correct section I would appreciate it =D

Tycho
Jan 31, 2005, 03:19 PM
Soul Banish for stats.
Chameleon Scythe for looks.
Madam's Umbrella for the ability.

No discussion needed. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EphekZ
Feb 1, 2005, 10:39 AM
On 2005-01-31 11:13, TheOneHero wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=85222&forum=1&88

Stickies are our friends. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

well ToH chances are that topics is only going to say their favorite weapon in general (musashi, morning glory etc) and its not all about your favorite partisan, so I kinda of think that topic could stay....for a bit...that doesnt mean i also a whole gabillion topics of OOOOOOOOOOOOOO favorite.....[insert weapon here]

anyways, even though its weak i love the brionac so i'd have to go brionic with this one

Hrith
Feb 1, 2005, 11:58 AM
Well, maybe you were not here last time we had a favourite [weapon type] threads frenzy, darkgunner, but Dhylec was very clear about it: too many of them and they get locked.

Ta-da =]

KveerRaven
Feb 1, 2005, 12:44 PM
*nods in agreement with Kef, remembering that*

But since I'm here, I'd have to do with Partisan of Lighting or Brionac. I dunno, something about a photon blade coming out when used is pretty cool. Almost like a lightsaber. Oh shit! Someone's getting sued.

Solstis
Feb 1, 2005, 01:07 PM
On 2005-02-01 09:44, KveerRaven wrote:
*nods in agreement with Kef, remembering that*

But since I'm here, I'd have to do with Partisan of Lighting or Brionac. I dunno, something about a photon blade coming out when used is pretty cool. Almost like a lightsaber. Oh shit! Someone's getting sued.

ST would get sued over the Saber class, then.

Anyway, I'm gonna go with the seksi Brionac, too.

Dhylec
Feb 1, 2005, 01:32 PM
if you guys can keep this topic on partisan discussion then it can stay open..
for fave this, fave that.. use the sticky, simple hm?

RadiantLegend
Feb 1, 2005, 01:32 PM
Berdysh
~Its like its trying to tell me something..."i'm not a bird"

DLShAdOw
Feb 1, 2005, 01:35 PM
Even though the Broinac looks cool with its dissapearing blade, the Soul Eater/Banish Is just much stronger and has cool looking colors. and then ther's the red partisan which easily outpowers the Soul Eater but doesn't look as cool. Hmmm...Final Choice: Soul Eater. Just look at my avatar.

KveerRaven
Feb 1, 2005, 01:40 PM
I use my Gaebolg more than anything, but only in the mines. Its got 40 on Hit% and is just awesome when it comes to surrounding enemies. But when it comes to strength, my Soul Banish is still #1. Berserk is just one of those really usefull specials that, when used sparingly, can mean the differnce between life and death when it comes to certain enemies that just need killing fast.

Hrigg
Feb 1, 2005, 04:46 PM
Red Partisan looks pretty cool IMO... Soul Eater looks decent, I suprisingly don't have any of the common partisans so I don't know how'd they look on my character...

Sitka
Feb 1, 2005, 05:20 PM
Fave = "Partisan" I found on c-mode game with 90% to hit and 85% to dark. Too bad ST kept it.

Next fave = Bigboyz Partisan. S-rank Partisan Hucast earned. No special yet - still deciding.

Third fave = Big Boy is a huge, fat, pink Hucast and he likes to swing the Gae Bolg.

Fourth fave = Soul Banish. Look ma, I'm Kireek!

Faves I wish I had = Partisan of Lightening & Red Partisan.

DezoPenguin
Feb 1, 2005, 05:39 PM
Um...not to throw a bucket of ice water on anyone's party or anything, but isn't the Partisan of Lightning actually a twin saber, not a partisan, despite the name?

Sitka
Feb 1, 2005, 05:44 PM
Funny Dezo!

Not having ever seen one, I didn't know.

I just assumed it was ... well.... a Partisan.

Funny,.

Mixfortune
Feb 1, 2005, 07:55 PM
Heheh, as amusing as it would be if Partisan of Lightning was weaker ATP wise, but combined both double saber attack rate and partisan esque multi target all around you, it acts just like a normal double saber in animation and targetting.

Nai_Calus
Feb 1, 2005, 10:20 PM
Depends.

For looks, Red Partisan, S-Rank Partisan or Berdysh.

For raw power, S-Rank Partisan BUT either Red or Banish will own it if they have %s, in the area where those %s apply UNLESS you have no Force and the S-Rank has a Zalure special, or you're using the S-Rank in an area where your Red/Banish has no %s.

Banish has a terrible special, but is human-FO usable. RAs cannot use, however.

Eater is weak but has a good special, but an S-Rank Scythe can do the same thing for enough PDs with more power behind it, but FOnewearl cannot use it, though all other classes can.

Red Partisan is HU-only, but has a decent enough special.

Note that I do not generally waste the button for a special attack on HUs or FOs on GC, as I have more useful things to put that slot to. On BB I do keep special attack shortcutted, though.

Madam's Umbrella is widely regarded as good, though males cannot use it. Same special as Eater, S/D range boost. Possibility of Hit%.

Opinions:

Human FOs: Banish for either, possibility of Hit %. Madam's Umbrella for FOmarl with Hit %. S-Rank Scythe not recommended, FOmar in particular cannot afford to lose 5 ATA over Banish.

FOs in general: Plantain Huge Fan with Hit % FOnewm can get away with S-Rank Scythe, though one must watch his ATA as his growth is even more miserable than the FOmar's.

Hunters in general: Red Partisan with good %s, or S-Rank with Zalure, particularily for androids.

Females in general: Madam's Umbrella, for the support boost.

Rangers: S-Rank Scythe, for all four. Ranger ATA is generally high enough to compensate for lack of Hit % in most areas, particularily with the humans. Also basically your only decent option with male RAs outside the ever-popular Charge Gungnir, since ST sits around at night jacking off to the female characters...

I don't care if you don't agree with me. :D

EJ
Feb 1, 2005, 10:29 PM
I like Soul Banish and Chameleon Scythe.

Hrith
Feb 1, 2005, 10:55 PM
On 2005-02-01 19:20, Ian-KunX wrote:
Hunters in general: S-Rank Partisan with ZalureMelee weapon with Zalure is a very, very, VERY, VERY bad idea, especially on droids.

Red Partisan is HU-only, but has a decent enough special.I have NEVER seen Freeze work in Ultimate.

Females in general: Madam's Umbrella, for the support boost.Parasol ? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

You forgot Imperial Pick -_- which is without a doubt better than Red Partisan and Berdysh for HUs.
Devil's on a mob of 5 or over Merlans <3 it's just too good. Looks very good too.

Nai_Calus
Feb 1, 2005, 11:28 PM
I manage to pull melee Zalure off with my HUmar just fine. XP

I've had Red Partisan's special work before, and well enough to make it worth bothering. XP

I thought Imperial Pick only hit one enemy? Or am I confusing that with the Victor Axe?

And I've never seen Devil's/Demon's work on a non-RA. >_>; Ever. >_> ...Ok, I lie, there's the 300% Hit Bringer's Rifle. XP

A hit against it also is that it's found on one ID, and not a good one, either. I know exactly two people with a BLUEFULL, and I'm one of them. Not everyone wants to or CAN get an ID to ult just for one item, either.

Red Partisan wins for availability - Several IDs find it, and not with any particular difficulty, either. Hell, I've got two of them and I never once looked for it. And looks, too, looking at the picture of Imperial Pick, it's fugly. >_>;

Imperial Pick: Power-level BLUEFULL to Ult, hunt, kill character once you've got that and a couple of Holy Rays and make something worthwhile in its place.

Red Partisan: Go do some FiY with the WHITILL you should already have, or VIRIDIA or ORAN Caves(Both of mine are from ORAN Caves)... Also BLUEFULL Caves, but. XP

Mixfortune
Feb 1, 2005, 11:53 PM
On 2005-02-01 20:28, Ian-KunX wrote:

I thought Imperial Pick only hit one enemy? Or am I confusing that with the Victor Axe?

And I've never seen Devil's/Demon's work on a non-RA. >_>; Ever. >_> ...Ok, I lie, there's the 300% Hit Bringer's Rifle. XP

A hit against it also is that it's found on one ID, and not a good one, either. I know exactly two people with a BLUEFULL, and I'm one of them. Not everyone wants to or CAN get an ID to ult just for one item, either.

I was able to land an Imperial Pick fairly early into my venture into Ult... haven't gotten another since then. Of course, this was back when most of the drops weren't even known... so Bluefull being crappy wasn't as much of a deterent then.

Imperial Pick does hit multiple enemies, like regular partisans.

The one I have isn't hit and as such had trouble with the special... but that was a long time ago, so I could try giving it another run giving I have a good amount of ATA more now. Course, I can't compare it to many other partisans... I simply haven't found many to compare with.