View Full Version : Character Reccomendations

HUcastShinobi
Jan 31, 2005, 03:36 PM
I need Armor, Weapon, Unit, & Barrier reccomendations for these 4 characters:

HUcast - Redria
FOneweal - Purplenum
RAmarl - Viridia
HUnewearl (my bros) - Yellowboze

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUcastShinobi on 2005-01-31 12:36 ]</font>

KveerRaven
Jan 31, 2005, 05:04 PM
Wow, yet ANOTHER, "I need help deciding on what to do" thread. Come on, this has been done WAAAAY too much. Use the guide suggestions or just experiment. Stop flooding damnit!

Hrith
Jan 31, 2005, 05:46 PM
Raven, this is not spam. And unless you can find a good guide concerning what he wants, you post is moreso spam than his http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

In Ultimate, unless said otherwise.

Redria has easy Sacred Cloth (average Lv 144 armour that prevents paralysis) from Forest, Electro Frame (good android armour) from Spaceship, Luminous Field from Mine (best droid armour, 2nd best armour in game), and DF Field in Ruins, and easy-ish Guard Wave in Cave (good armour for everyone, easy to equip)
Yellowboze also has easy Luminous Field in Forest.

Shields... Viridia has easiest Standstill Shield (highest DFP shield for non Forces), Yellowboze has easy Secure Feet (for you RAmarl), Purplenum has easy Kasami Bracer (for Hunters), Purplenum has easiest Spirit Garment (in Very Hard, this armour is used for merging into more powerful armours), Purplenum also finds Tripolic Shield (quite rare), Redria has easy Kasami Bracer, too, and easiest Tripolic Shield (but only online or on PSO+).

Units... Redria finds God/Battle from Forest (get at least 3 of them, you FOnewearl won't need one), and God/Technique (Temple or Ruins).
All other good unist can be found more easily in Very Hard, I suggest God/Arm, God/HP, Cure/Confuse, Cure/Freeze, Cure/Shock and Cure/Paralysis.

Now I can safely say that you can go look at guides to know exactly how to hunt for those items.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-01-31 14:47 ]</font>

Skorpius
Jan 31, 2005, 05:55 PM
On 2005-01-31 12:36, HUcastShinobi wrote:
I need Armor, Weapon, Unit, & Barrier reccomendations for these 4 characters:

HUcast - Redria
FOneweal - Purplenum
RAmarl - Viridia
HUnewearl (my bros) - Yellowboze

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUcastShinobi on 2005-01-31 12:36 ]</font>

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php

Vielka
Jan 31, 2005, 06:30 PM
another thing to add to kefs post.. purplenum has a really easy god/mind drop for your Force.. vhard purplenum nar lily http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HUcastShinobi
Jan 31, 2005, 07:40 PM
ok, some people still think that i dont know about the item stuff, i just want reccomendations, cause some of my friends say the item reccomendation guides are crap. and i believe them, cause ive doubted them a little too much, much like i have most of you guys, which i apoligize for my previous blabbering skorp... thanx for the reccomendations, but im going to need to break into ulitmate within the next 5 days or so... i got through the mines like it was nothing, exept the parts with the canadines... but i got through it, and took out vol opt in 5 mins like a bad habit... im a little scared of falz right now, cause he almost incinerated me twice in hard mode, and his light move did like 275 damage (3rd form, explosion thing). ive been reccomended 50-60 or 450+ health (note: this is the HUcast)

KveerRaven
Feb 1, 2005, 09:23 AM
Here's my advice for Ult Falz:

Equip 2 Holy/Resist
Equip 2 Metal/God/Body (for added defense against her sword arm)

And then pound the hell out of the Resta hotkey or your mates when he casts Grants and then bitch slaps you. This strategy has ALWAYS worked for me. Give it a try. 9 out of 10 friends of mine prefer it. And I beat her at level 70 in Ult, so, who knows.

Sorry about my outburst earlier, just getting kinda of tired of these kind of threads. *shrugs* Sorry to everyone, Kef, and the author of this post.

Hrith
Feb 1, 2005, 09:29 AM
/Body units won't help against Falz, she has NO physical attack.

I recommend /HP units, nothing beats that.

Nai_Calus
Feb 1, 2005, 09:31 AM
*smacks Kveer* DFP is utterly worthless for Falz, the swipe is fixed damage.

Tycho
Feb 1, 2005, 09:58 AM
To beat Dark Falz on a HUcast... have high stats, and maybe good Gush weapons or Charge Mechgun-types? x_x;

@Kveer: ... noob. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Garm
Feb 1, 2005, 10:20 AM
Pinkal HUcast or RAcast = alot of fun. Ofc don't go online and only use what you find >.>
Redria and whitill are two must have IDs, the other pick your own and look in old posts.

KveerRaven
Feb 1, 2005, 12:38 PM
SHIT! Sorry! I don't pay attention to specifics like that. *thinks* SHIT! Damnit, it WASN'T Bodies I used, they were HP units! I had 2 God/HP or Dragon/HP. That's right, that's how I was able to withstand her painful attacks. *could swear that my Body units helped in some degree* oh well, see now you can REALLY see that I don't pay attention to specifics like that. hehehe http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

TheOneHero
Feb 1, 2005, 12:39 PM
On 2005-02-01 07:20, Garm wrote:
Pinkal HUcast or RAcast

Don't make a Pinkal. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

HUcastShinobi
Feb 1, 2005, 04:25 PM
can i say some of the people on these forums are retarded, please? i said VERY HARD falz fyi... sigh... why cant i find the dragon/hp or god/hp... and i have good def-power... my weapon will be a musashi +40, cause it took falz in hard mode out like it was nothing, but that was after i got used to his attacks my first time trying to beat him...

KveerRaven
Feb 1, 2005, 04:56 PM
On 2005-02-01 13:25, HUcastShinobi wrote:
can i say some of the people on these forums are retarded, please? i said VERY HARD falz fyi... sigh... why cant i find the dragon/hp or god/hp... and i have good def-power... my weapon will be a musashi +40, cause it took falz in hard mode out like it was nothing, but that was after i got used to his attacks my first time trying to beat him...

Your Musashi will do fine during his first form. During the second, only thing you'll be able to hit him with are hand/mechguns. So, find something with good Hit% As for a Dragon/HP, I got most of mine in the shops, but they can also be found from enemy drops as well. God/HP is one of those special units that, unless you character ID can't find, might take a bit of work to get.

HUcastShinobi
Feb 1, 2005, 05:10 PM
dude, just STOP POSTING! i said the HUcast is a REDRIA and this is VERY HARD mode! look up God/Hp... i see ultimate mode... i see im only up to very hard... Folks, i got uber pwned as a lvl 56, so i need some level aiming for this character...

KveerRaven
Feb 2, 2005, 09:21 AM
On 2005-02-01 14:10, HUcastShinobi wrote:
dude, just STOP POSTING! i said the HUcast is a REDRIA and this is VERY HARD mode! look up God/Hp... i see ultimate mode... i see im only up to very hard... Folks, i got uber pwned as a lvl 56, so i need some level aiming for this character...

I think the point is is to not take the game so god damn seriously, but have fun with it. Look, there have been several people here who were willing to lend you their patience, which, somewhat lacks due to the rising stupidity in these forums, but all your doing is complaining because you havne't found a Dragon/HP or God/HP.

So, here's the low down. I'm going to give you strategy, and this will be the last time I repeat myself, and quite frankly, I GOT that your not in Ult, which is why I siad its going to take you a while to get a God/HP:

Get a pair of decent mechguns and a decent handgun. Use your Musashis during Falz's first form. Put some, 2 to be exact, good Light resistance units on, such as, light/saint/holy/resist units. I found all of mine in the shops. Next, get your hands on a pair of the best HP units you can find. Anything to boost your current max HP to a sigificantly higher level.

When fighting her third and final form, attack with techs when she's in her crystal like state. use a handgun when she's too far, a mechgun when she's up close. Run around the ring when she starts shooting her megid, to dodge it. Quickly pound the button to use your mates after she casts grants on you, and do the same thing IF she gets the chance to hit you with her sword arm. And repeat until she's dead.

FIN

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KveerRaven on 2005-02-02 06:23 ]</font>

Hrith
Feb 2, 2005, 09:54 AM
On 2005-02-01 14:10, HUcastShinobi wrote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, but God/HP drops in Very Hard, in several IDs, and much more easily than in Ultimate.

Garm
Feb 2, 2005, 10:37 AM
On 2005-02-01 09:39, TheOneHero wrote:

Pinkal HUcast or RAcast

Don't make a Pinkal. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Pinkals only use is the easy PoL, thats all. I was meaning a non twinked pinkal cast (crappy weps) to get a challenge.

TheOneHero
Feb 2, 2005, 10:40 AM
On 2005-02-02 07:37, Garm wrote:

Pinkal HUcast or RAcast

Pinkals only use is the easy PoL, thats all. I was meaning a non twinked pinkal cast (crappy weps) to get a challenge.

Yes, but he really shouldn't make one until he has almost all of the IDs. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tycho
Feb 2, 2005, 12:43 PM
On 2005-02-02 07:37, Garm wrote:

Pinkal HUcast or RAcast

Excuse me.
You're omitting the good drops for:

Agito 1975 (Whitill isn't infinitely better, it's a tie)
Asuka
Berdysh
Evil Curst
Caduceus
Rabbit Wand
Technical Chrozier
Stink Frame
God Mind
Cure/Slow
TP/Revival
Attribute Wall

And the obvious Pinkal Card, a bunch of 9-stars we don't care about, a Flowen's and DB's (eh Kef?), is the only ID with all offensive technique amplifiers if I recall correctly, and like you said, Partisan of Lightning.

For your information, I have only listed rares for which Pinkal was either the best ID, or tied with one other ID at most. Not second bests, not ties of three or more.

Next time, try to think before you say something, thank you. Pinkal is not a great ID, but don't bash it just because.

HUcastShinobi
Feb 2, 2005, 02:46 PM
sigh... ignoring me again! i said i got pwned in the ruins, and if i was pwned by falz, i would have said that by now... maybe you should read all the text, and once again, its a REDRIA HUCAST for those who refuse to read the whole f'ing forum... the claws are what piss me off... they just keep ramming it down my throat, so im gonna do 1 forest run then a cave run, then restart, and do that probably 20 times, which should make me lvl 70ish, cause 25 runs in VH forest gave me 13, but this is 2 levels... should that work out so i can serve the damn claws and Mr.Falz?

BrokenHope
Feb 2, 2005, 02:51 PM
On 2005-02-02 11:46, HUcastShinobi wrote:
sigh... ignoring me again! i said i got pwned in the ruins, and if i was pwned by falz, i would have said that by now... maybe you should read all the text, and once again, its a REDRIA HUCAST for those who refuse to read the whole f'ing forum... the claws are what piss me off... they just keep ramming it down my throat, so im gonna do 1 forest run then a cave run, then restart, and do that probably 20 times, which should make me lvl 70ish, cause 25 runs in VH forest gave me 13, but this is 2 levels... should that work out so i can serve the damn claws and Mr.Falz?

Not meaning to be an ass, but if you having trouble at level 56 with v hard falz as a hucast, then maybe pso isn't for you o: I mean how much hp do you have? I'm fairly certain falz's slash does below 400 damage in v hard, so if you can survive that you should be able to survive the rest.

HUcastShinobi
Feb 2, 2005, 03:29 PM
On 2005-02-02 11:51, BrokenHope wrote:

On 2005-02-02 11:46, HUcastShinobi wrote:

Not meaning to be an ass, but if you having trouble at level 56 with v hard falz as a hucast, then maybe pso isn't for you o: I mean how much hp do you have? I'm fairly certain falz's slash does below 400 damage in v hard, so if you can survive that you should be able to survive the rest.

are you blind? ENEMIES IN THE RUINS, I HAVENT GOTTEN TO FALZ!!!! i find the bosses easier than the enemies, but the mines are ridiculus, i got killed cause of 8 claws an a delsaber... i consume 2-3 dimates per room! its insanity...

TheOneHero
Feb 2, 2005, 03:52 PM
Your posts are very confusing, so chill out when we don't understand. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Since you're having trouble in the ruins in very hard; just take it nice and slow. Get a handgun, get some mech guns, and a nice partisan.

Pipe for a 4 slot armor from shops.
Pipe for some nice HP/BODY/LEG Units from shops.
Go back and do quests if you haven't already to earn some exp. I recommend Retired Hunter.

Yes I know it is in ruins, but it is a nice short quest with a nice exp boost. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Don't worry about the timer. Fake in Yellow might also be a good one...

Or you could do some Ep2 to cool you off: (Temple and Spaceship)

Good luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-02-02 12:54 ]</font>

HUcastShinobi
Feb 2, 2005, 04:35 PM
sigh, i didnt say this but im not doing quests, cause i just find them a waste of time... thats just me, maybe not you, but it is a waste of time if im this close to ultimate... but i just want to know if my idea is good...

Hrith
Feb 2, 2005, 04:58 PM
Very Hard Ruins for a Lv 56 untweaked android is very tough, especially if you're new-ish at the game; don't fret over it, level up and retry later, that's what's PSO about.

HUcastShinobi
Feb 2, 2005, 05:35 PM
THANK YOU! I'm newbish when it comes to anything beyond normal mode, cause i had 1 character before that got to hard, then i deleted the data cause of character selection disputes... but thanx a lot man!

DezoPenguin
Feb 2, 2005, 06:06 PM
A couple of suggestions:

If you haven't already, drop back to Hard mode and kill a crapload of Gillchics until a Secret Gear drops (it's not all that rare, actually). It's by far the best shield you have access to at this point, with the characters you have (well, okay, there's that Attribute Wall drop off a Meritas in Hard, so if you've got access to East Tower you can just clear the first room of that over and over and over again, too).

Back in Very Hard, pipe yourself a God/Body off of a Nar Lily in Waterfall Tears. If you can't stand piping or if you're playing Blue Burst, do Addicting Food runs instead (which if nothing else will get you some badly needed levels). Since you're a HUcast, Normal-VH Lilies can't do anything to hurt you unless you run into them.

Personally, I find that Slicers are excellent for dispersing Claw packs, and Redria finds Liberators and even Diskas of Braveman by the bucketload, so you might even get one with hit %.

Dragon/HP and Elf/Arm++, plus some 4-slot armor (which at least you can pipe from the shops) is pretty much the rest of it.

Don't overlook your traps, either. Though they don't have the short fuses they do in Ult, you can still do the old "drop trap, spin and shoot" routine, which can be nice for getting Dimenian packs off your tail (love those Confuse traps...have 'em beat each other up!) and turning Delsabers into Delsicles.

HUcastShinobi
Feb 2, 2005, 07:08 PM
thx! that will help me out uberly...