PDA

View Full Version : Questions About PSO

InfiniteStill
Jul 13, 2002, 04:30 AM
My girlfriend and I have been playing PSO v1 for about two months now. We decided to wait for the GameCube PSO releases (instead of upgrading to v2 on Dreamcast). After reading about the numerous cheats and player hacks, we both decided to only play password protected/locked games. I've also been lurking on these boards, reading a lot of your posts, for quite sometime- even before starting with v1.

All of that said, here are some questions:
1. How difficult is it to "complete" the main quest in PSO v1 with only 2 players? We are both around level 26 now and are playing up to the third level on "hard" mode. We are going to spend a lot more time leveling up now (we work really well as a team so those xp points should start racking up nicely), but I'm a bit worried about being able to "complete" the main quest with just the two of us...

2. After the second level, we noticed a lot of doors that required 4 players to unlock. What kinds of things are behind those doors? Just more areas and more opportunities to gather "rare" items?

3. We still can't figure out how to "save" your game progress. Occassionally, we will start a game and find we can immediately jump down to the caves or beyond. other times, we must run through the forest areas again. How can you "store" your progress? Is this possible? This one has been driving us crazy...

4. We are thinking about playing with 2 other players, but we want to form a solid group. No cheats, no hacks, no annoyances. Just some fun gaming. =) If anyone is interested in this, feel free to respond and we will e-mail you. **Please, only groups of 2 players. No singles.

5. Any word on when the PSO v1 servers will likely be brought down? Any guesstimates?

Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfiniteStill on 2002-07-13 02:37 ]</font>

saffaya
Jul 13, 2002, 05:45 AM
On 2002-07-13 02:30, InfiniteStill wrote:
All of that said, here are some questions:
1. How difficult is it to "complete" the main quest in PSO v1 with only 2 players? We are both around level 26 now and are playing up to the third level on "hard" mode.

The monsters are about 25% tougher online than offline. Else, it depends on what classes you two are.

2. After the second level, we noticed a lot of doors that required 4 players to unlock. What kinds of things are behind those doors? Just more areas and more opportunities to gather "rare" items?

just a few (if not only one) rooms.
nothing you can't live without ONLINE.
(Offline, it may have the pillar in caves)

3. We still can't figure out how to "save" your game progress. Occassionally, we will start a game and find we can immediately jump down to the caves or beyond. other times, we must run through the forest areas again. How can you "store" your progress? Is this possible? This one has been driving us crazy...

That's because you're not supposed to discover the game online.
Your advance to the next area is supposed to happen offline.
See :
The areas available online depend on what the leader (the character opening the game) has unlocked by playing OFFLINE.

5. Any word on when the PSO v1 servers will likely be brought down? Any guesstimates?

When GC PSO will be out in both jp and Us, I think the DC server won't be populated.
Hence it won't make sense to Sega to maintain them.
Latest date for PSO GC jp is 12th september I think. Us is september too but subject to delays too.

TeamPhalanx
Jul 13, 2002, 01:11 PM
I'm not too sure what you mean by "main quest," but if you mean beat Dark Falz online (V-Hard), 2 people shouldn't have much difficulty. Heck, one player can do V-Hard ruins solo with a good dark % weapon.

Most 4 switch door lead to worthless boxes (gold/wooden) which won't contain any rare items. There's a little trick in v1 that you can use to go through locked doors; you can do it as long as you're not a FOmarl.

V1 and V2 use the same servers, so as long as V2 ppl pay for the HL and go online, they won't be shutting the servers down. Most likely, there'll be a time when players won't be able to purchase HL anymore, until that time comes, I wouldn't worry.