View Full Version : Why don't we just make it a full time cmode block??

pso54
Jan 31, 2005, 09:42 PM
topic

Why don't we just all decide that deneb for is the full time and official cmode block for the U.S.?? It'd be so much easier to find a team with a good group of people when they can understand what your telling them... i don't kno, i just got into cmode and i cannot seem to find a group of four people to play with, no one knos english in alcyone.

i don't know if this should go into the cmode section of the forum, sorry if it should, i came here cause there seems to be more people browsing the boards here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pso54 on 2005-01-31 18:48 ]</font>

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jan 31, 2005, 10:08 PM
I had that same problem, so I gave up on C-mode.

I don't think announcing an official lobby would be a good idea but it's worth a shot I suppose. Just keep an eye out since FSODers scattered the general US population.

pso54
Jan 31, 2005, 10:25 PM
I guess it's hopeless since people don't respect each other online... an english cmode block would awesome though

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pso54 on 2005-01-31 19:25 ]</font>

PJ
Jan 31, 2005, 10:37 PM
It'd be hard to start one though. Msot people would rather go to Alycyone 6 though (I'd rather at this point just get a group of friends and do it. No one wants to join a CMode I make, probably since I have the, "E," as my language T_T)

pso54
Jan 31, 2005, 11:06 PM
maybe for the experience person who plays cmode it's ezer for them to go to alcyone. But for those who don't have a cmode team they can play with all the time and want to get started in cmode, it is almost impossible for them to get a team to play with in alcyone. This is why an american cmode block would be great, we could all make teams much ezer and mix up with even more cmode players. I think it'd b better but the fsoding is an issue.

The reason the cmode population isn't bigger is because people who want to start out new in cmode can't get started because they don't have a team to play with and they can't start one up in the japan servers. It'd b beneficial for everyone if we had a cmode block on the u.s. servers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pso54 on 2005-01-31 20:11 ]</font>

EJ
Jan 31, 2005, 11:09 PM
I never had much problem getting a cmode game but also I knew many JP players.... >.>

I know there was a small block somwehere with sharky and some others not sure if that is still continuing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2005-01-31 20:09 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jan 31, 2005, 11:53 PM
Pointless.

Join games of the stage you want to do after they're made and use word select. Shortcut things like 'May I join you' in the lobby so you can ask.

Read the guides here, use the maps. You'll do fine.

I've had no trouble before getting players with an E, so keep trying.

pso54
Feb 1, 2005, 12:00 AM
im on c2, no one n the japanese servers plays c2, it's rare to find one, im saying it's tough for beginners to get started in c mode bcause everyone is already halfway done in alcyone, that's what im saying not that it's hard for ne english speaker to play cmode. It's ez to get into games if ur an intermediate or experienced cmode player, but not if your new. It would be more convenient to have deneb 4 as cmode all the time, instead of just two days a weak, it's not like u need people to run it.
All you do is instead of starting your cmode game up somewhere else you start it in deneb 4. simple, i think.

rena-ko
Feb 1, 2005, 12:49 AM
your posts asking about english games made me giggle because you dont seem to speak english either.

plus having a ton of morons waiting outside in the lobby to fsod your good time / clear away is not really that appealing.
at least alcyone is a bit more of an institution...

of course they play it on alcyone. TA style. and they use kanji for names / numbers.

i for my part would never join a game made by a non J that i dont know unless i have to kill time. sure there are also J newbs and even J noobs, but the chance on getting a stage done and not just tried is way higher with them >_>

PJ
Feb 1, 2005, 01:18 AM
On 2005-01-31 20:53, Ian-KunX wrote:

Join games of the stage you want to do after they're made and use word select. Shortcut things like 'May I join you' in the lobby so you can ask.

Most important part. No one will join ye game http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I remember when I was doing Episode 2 C2 with Mowse last year, we waited almost an hour, and then one person showed up, and it was the wrong game u.u;;;

Cell132
Feb 1, 2005, 05:06 AM
Hai, C-Mode is extremely hard to do when you create the game yourself. I have had games where I have waited for over five hours just to get a third party member. (When the three of us were in the game from the start) Anyway, I sometimes create the game when there is no other game made. Once a second person joins, more will most likely join soon after too.

Honestly, I don't like the idea of a English C-mode block. We don't seem to be on Sega's high priority list when it comes to security, and from what I've seen, the US ships and blocks have more bakas than any other. Also, if a new person were to get FSODed or something simmilar on their first C-mode run, they might lose intrest in the game. I think PSO needs as many gamers as possible.

SLON
Feb 1, 2005, 08:08 AM
The problem with making another C mode block is that it will be empty for most of the time.
The majority of E players are, in my experience, either looking for S-Ranks, or simply want to clear Challenge Mode. Once they have done that, they don't come back. The few TA players that exist have no choice but to go to Alcyone 6.
I would love to walk into a lobby and see 10 or 12 games full of E players, but I'm afraid it just doesn't happen.

Tycho
Feb 1, 2005, 10:11 AM
Why not play c-mode in Alcyone? If you can't find English people to play with there, you are most likely not going to find them anywhere else either.

On 2005-01-31 21:49, rena-ko wrote:
your posts asking about english games made me giggle because you dont seem to speak english either.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

and they use kanji for names / numbers.

Yeah, I noticed that. Sort of makes me think they're trying to keep out a certain kind of people. xP

rena-ko
Feb 1, 2005, 11:43 AM
by now i figured all name-kanji they use for the stages 1c1-9 / 2c1-5. wasnt that tricky. and the number-kanji... well, should be a matter of 1 minute to look them up on a printout or something.

and pretty much yeah - the kanji are the polite way to keep foreigners from joining. the rude one is "jp only".

i for my part usually join as fourth so i dont drag some foreigner in (because i play cmode with G setting).

Sharkyland
Feb 1, 2005, 11:51 AM
On 2005-02-01 05:08, SLON wrote:
The problem with making another C mode block is that it will be empty for most of the time. The majority of E players are, in my experience, either looking for S-Ranks, or simply want to clear Challenge Mode. Once they have done that, they don't come back. The few TA players that exist have no choice but to go to Alcyone 6. I would love to walk into a lobby and see 10 or 12 games full of E players, but I'm afraid it just doesn't happen.

I have to agree with SLON on this one. Knot & I have created a cmode block before but it failed. Cmode also requires time. Something you can get a little amount of enemies and sometimes you can get a 'endless nightmare' amount of them.

I apparently do coordinate cmode still even though I seemingly don't want to do it (since I'm having trouble contacting people or the people who want a particular stage don't want to do it right now), but when I'm usually bored I do it when everyone is busy. I still have a few ppl on my side who cmode with me and are willing to spend their time to help others, but like others they don't want to wait. We have had our fair share of waiting for an extremely long time on Alycone.

Usually I sometimes enter games and say "e1c? or e2c?", still have problem reading kanji with my 13" tv.

pso54
Feb 1, 2005, 10:10 PM
all right i guess u all make good points, no cmode in U.S., the only problem i c with alcyone is people who are new to cmode wont go there and play and be patient cause they have no idea what they're doing n the first place, (that's the way i wus for stage 1, i just happened to get lucky enough to find a team) an american full-time cmode block would help the population of cmoders grow; i guess im just having a problem playing and finding a good group of people to play cmode with because all my old friends that were on my card list don't play anymore...fsoders and ffXI, lol

rena-ko
Feb 4, 2005, 12:47 PM
its all about preparing beforehand.
there are tons of guides and maps - in any language - on the internet. you obviously have access to the internet, so use it.

just wanting an english cmode block so you have it easier to find people who play your language and can drag you through the stages is pretty egoistic imho...