PDA

View Full Version : Does mag species influence ability tiggers?

Skorpius
Feb 1, 2005, 01:42 PM
Example:
Sato Vs Nidra

My Nidras trigger their invincibility more often than my Satos, in my experience. I feel that mag species effects this, and I am really annoyed that there is no true way to determin if this is true. ;/

Discuss, please. Thoughts, comments?

KveerRaven
Feb 1, 2005, 01:46 PM
Well, just from my own experience, my Lvl200 Rati has cast Reverser on me once, and only once. So, I'm not really sure because I know others I know who use Rati haven't had the same problem. I'm not really sure the species has anything to do with it, only, when it decides to use its specials, which would mean its a random line of code developed in the game that activates the special...randomly?

Skorpius
Feb 1, 2005, 01:59 PM
IQ is supposed to effect this majorly, but I honestly believe that species is a major part in this. Rati have only revived me maybe 10 times playing in two years, while other mags have done it quite often, Bhirava being one of them.

Solstis
Feb 1, 2005, 02:12 PM
It's quite possible.

My rati tends to look at my corpse and laugh.

Chu Chu and Nidra seem to use invuln. quite a bit, while some mags with similar abilities tend to rarely help out in fights.

PJ
Feb 1, 2005, 02:38 PM
Chu Chu, Nidra, Soniti seem to do it often.

Devil's Wing hardly ever does invincibilty.

And I like to keep Syncro/IQ at full =/

Hrith
Feb 1, 2005, 02:40 PM
Sato does it more often than Nidra for me.

The answer is no, it has been researched, and nothing affects odds of triggering abilities except IQ and Synchro.

Sitka
Feb 1, 2005, 02:59 PM
Soniti reverses the most for me. Unfortunately, my Soniti is 25/125/25/25, so I don't use if often. I pretty much use the Ratis for my robot characters and the Satos for my fleshies.

I'm debating if I want to use a Mark 3 cell to make a 195 mind mag for my forces - is it possible/worth it? - I've never made one.

It just seems that 45 dex on my Satos is wasted on my forces the way that I play them. But I do like the frequent invincibility. Nothing quite like spamming rabarta against swarming darvants when they can't touch you.

Skorpius
Feb 1, 2005, 03:00 PM
Been two years of "research" for me, my experience is quite different from this "research" you speak of. If there wasn;t a difference, the reasoning behind different mags would be pointless.

Research again. :|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-01 12:01 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Feb 1, 2005, 03:47 PM
On 2005-02-01 11:38, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
Devil's Wing hardly ever does invincibilty.

Invincibility triggers nearly all the time now for my Devil's Wing.
Back when I first got it it seems to be a bit spotty on it, but the only action it seems to lack now is consistent revival.

Hell, recently it's even been doing the 1/10 HP Resta consistently... odd.

digigram
Feb 1, 2005, 07:56 PM
DAVIL's TAIL = Has cast invincibility on the 2 Tails I have on 2 characters, 100%. It works every single time.. I'm not sure if it has ever revived me.... I never pay attention to that. Actually not one of my 70 something mags have ever revived me.

KveerRaven
Feb 2, 2005, 09:11 AM
On 2005-02-01 12:00, Skorpius wrote:
Been two years of "research" for me, my experience is quite different from this "research" you speak of. If there wasn;t a difference, the reasoning behind different mags would be pointless.

Research again. :|

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-01 12:01 ]</font>

Not necesarily true. Although I see your point and understand it, there is a very good reason for different mags.

1. Looks. People like to keep there own style. Hell, a lot of guys I know love their little Pushan mag, even IF its a spinning butterfly. Different mags give choices to those who like to, well, customize their character.

2. If there were only one type of mag, there would be no challenge in raising that one perfect mag. That one that takes you weeks or even months to raise just so you can have it well balanced or to get those PBs you want so bad. Trust me, I know. It took me a while to get my precious little Rati and I wouldn't have it any other way. Sure, when I'm in a boss fight I switch between my Hamburger or Devil Wings, but thats just because I like to see the different advantages.

Remember, diversity is key in society and where that lacks, so does incline civilization.

Hrith
Feb 2, 2005, 09:18 AM
Game data is right, experience is wrong.

kthxbai

Tycho
Feb 2, 2005, 10:23 AM
On 2005-02-02 06:11, KveerRaven wrote:

That one that takes you weeks or even months to raise just so you can have it well balanced or to get those PBs you want so bad.

Months to raise one mag? Just... no. I think if you feed a lot, two days at most.. But by common (and for most characters just reasonable)standards one day I think (as in... don't go over 185 of a single stat without system mags).

PJ
Feb 2, 2005, 10:33 AM
On 2005-02-02 06:18, Kef wrote:

kthxbai

Maybe the game data supporting this hasn't been found yet?

Don't worry Kef, I have NO idea what I'm talking about http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Data n00b http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

KveerRaven
Feb 2, 2005, 01:22 PM
Months to raise one mag? Just... no. I think if you feed a lot, two days at most.. But by common (and for most characters just reasonable)standards one day I think (as in... don't go over 185 of a single stat without system mags).

You have to remember that some people don't always play non-stop and for me, it didn't take anymore than few days, but my friend is going on 1 month for his Savitri right now. Don't assume anything. Most people actually have other responsibilities. If it were up to me, I'd quit work and play PSO all day and night, but its not. So, there you go....

Neith
Feb 2, 2005, 02:25 PM
My Sato rarely does invincibilty, but ive noticed that my bro's 2 Nidras always seem to do it. Seems strange, since their synchro/IQ are the same :S

Skorpius
Feb 2, 2005, 03:34 PM

kthxbai

"This IS game data."

See how ridiculous that is to claim I have game data and show nothing? Perhaps you should give me the "game data". Oh, and if I remember correctly, "game data" didn't know about WORKS Guard or Black Gear until they were released, so going by, what, one or two people that can rip the disk is NOT something you should rely on, because ( human error < experience ).

So far people have given the same comments that sato sucks, and nidra owns. The evidence to this is in the posts, not the fabeled "game data" that is so highly worshiped like an unseen God. ;l

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-02 12:34 ]</font>

Sitka
Feb 2, 2005, 03:42 PM
I played with my level 200 Sato (full sinc/iq) this morning "power leveling" my Hucast. And damn if I'm going to slog though normal-very hard without my previous hard work helping me.

Anyway, that damn Sato (power/dex)spinned at every Boss fight, loaded up a PM so quickly that I was blasting myself with S&D in almost every room, gave me invincibility almost 100% of the time that I hit 100PB. I couldn't check out reverser, because I didn't die yet.

I have to finish up VH mines & ruins when I get home to have him in ult., but my "game experience" would suggest that Sato mags do indeed work well for me. This is one Sato mag that doesn't "suck."

Put your damn game data and game experience aside and enjoy the damn game.

VioletSkye
Feb 2, 2005, 03:56 PM
On 2005-02-02 12:34, Skorpius wrote:

kthxbai

"This IS game data."

See how ridiculous that is to claim I have game data and show nothing? Perhaps you should give me the "game data". Oh, and if I remember correctly, "game data" didn't know about WORKS Guard or Black Gear until they were released, so going by, what, one or two people that can rip the disk is NOT something you should rely on, because ( human error < experience ).

So far people have given the same comments that sato sucks, and nidra owns. The evidence to this is in the posts, not the fabeled "game data" that is so highly worshiped like an unseen God. ;l

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-02 12:34 ]</font>

actually works guard, black gear and a dozen other unreleased items are listed in the "game data." Stuff like Christmas Card, The Weapons badges, Autograph Book, Books of Katana, Gold, Silver and Copper Shields etc. have always been listed and were well known items way before they were released. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Skorpius
Feb 2, 2005, 04:02 PM
actually works guard, black gear and a dozen other unreleased items are listed in the "game data."
You said yourself:
"How could I have missed this"
when people were getting Black Gear and Works Guard.

I know everything is in the game data, I'm not a fucking moron, but human are humans and will miss things.

Put your damn game data and game experience aside and enjoy the damn game.
This is something I want to know, don;t read it if you don't like it. XP Your experience with your sato is the same as any other given mag, but try it in ultimate and it probably won't do a goddamn thing. PB is effected by damage / difficulty, so are ability triggers (mag level / difficulty is what I'm assuming). However, if someone would like to point me to this game data that disproves everything, then by all means, show me.

Otherwise, I'm actually sick of people just throwing that excuse up whenever they don;t have any true proof. And I'm sure there will be a few people going to come up here and just argue with me. ;l

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-02-02 13:06 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Feb 2, 2005, 04:11 PM
On 2005-02-02 13:02, Skorpius wrote:
actually works guard, black gear and a dozen other unreleased items are listed in the "game data."
You said yourself:
"How could I have missed this"

I know everything is in the game data, I'm not a fucking moron, but human are humans and will miss things.

Huh? I didn't say anything about missing anything myself LOL. That was the first post I made in this thread http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sitka
Feb 2, 2005, 06:04 PM
Well Skorpius,

I have seven characters in ultimate at the moment, not including the characters that I erased, running from level 104 through level 199. Most of my characters use Sato mags most of the time. My observations regarding the Sato mag on my VH characters was more in reference to your post that "Satos suck." than anything else. Satos generally do about as well as any of my other mags do in ultimate.

That is, if I'm wearing it on a hunter, they fill up and trigger quite a bit. If on a force, they take forever to fill up, but still trigger pretty much when expected.

You suggest that if I don't like your post, don't read it and there is some validity to that. However, an open forum is designed to stimulate discussion and variances in point of view. Your post might suggest that there are differences between your experiences, or should I say over-generalizations - and the data that has been researched my many PSO vets.

That may be true, but unless proven, it is simply your limited observations versus the accumulation of actual data confirmed by the observations of many other PSO vets over time.

You might be right, but I don't think that is the case.

And that is, of course, simply my opinion.

EJ
Feb 2, 2005, 11:06 PM
My Nidra special always trigger when at boss, PB full, and when my HP is low. The only thing it has yet to do is revive me. :/ It has Full IQ/Sychn.
Same thing with my Bhima it often triggers its effect when one of the three things happen except the revivng part which in my almost 2 years of playing I never got revive by my mag. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Skorpius
Feb 2, 2005, 11:24 PM
On 2005-02-02 13:11, VioletSkye wrote:

Huh? I didn't say anything about missing anything myself LOL. That was the first post I made in this thread http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

This was months ago.

VioletSkye
Feb 2, 2005, 11:57 PM
On 2005-02-02 20:24, Skorpius wrote:

On 2005-02-02 13:11, VioletSkye wrote:

This was months ago.

nope, never said it, sorry. you may have confused something i said or maybe you are thinking of something someone else said. You are more than welcome to search through my previous posts if you like, but you will come up empty I'm afraid.

Anyway to stay on topic, I'll simply add that I have always liked Sato regardless of how often it does or does not revive me http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-02-02 21:04 ]</font>

PJ
Feb 3, 2005, 12:47 AM
Didn't someone post a picture of the Black Gear months before it was released? Sometime in cheaters?

I think I remember that, but it could be my imagination.

KveerRaven
Feb 3, 2005, 09:01 AM
When it comes to game data, maybe mags use their high specials abilities, like Reverser, when the games computer notices how bad the player is doing. For example, since I got my Rati, I've NEVER had a problem with dying, unless it came down to Megid spitting Hildetorrs or Ob Lilies. Maybe this affects how often it triggers. I never have a problem with it casting S&D, just Reverser. My point is, maybe the computer recognizes the progress and expedience of the character and goes by that.