PDA

View Full Version : Applications for The psMoLE III "System Shutdown" are now op

vidkid7
Jul 13, 2002, 04:08 PM
The psMoLE is back, and ready for ten players to tackle it's challenges.

Ten strangers are about to embark on an adventure, working together to pass a series of tests. Each test they pass adds money to a group pot that only one player will win, and it could grow up to one million meseta. But one of these players is a mole. A double agent, hired by myself, to sabotage the groups efforts. About once a week there is a quiz about the mole, with questions like "Is The Mole male or female", "what class is The Mole", even "what is The Mole's favorite technique". The player who score the lowest on the quiz is executed, and must leave the game immediately. It is a simple premise, be observant, expose The Mole, claim the money. Ten people will begin this journey, but only one will win. The one who answers the question "Who is The psMoLE?".

Deception and sabotage is the name of the game, and you'll have to know how to avoid every dirty trick in the book if you want to last past the first execution. I know that up to one million meseta isn't exactly the best prize, but thats why I encourage people to join for the fun of playing PSO from a new perspective, instead of just worrying about the goal.

The game lasts approximately forty-eight days, and scheduled meetings are usually about three times weekly, although this varies occasionally. Just because a meeting isnt "scheduled" doesnt mean that the game stops until next time however. I recommend that you stay in contact with the others as much as possible.

To play The psMoLE, a dreamcast and a copy of PSO or PSOv2 is required, and you must be able to play online with the said game(s). A valid e-mail address is also required, and A PC with internet access is recommended.

To apply for The psMoLE, please e-mail me at "[email protected]" with the subject line "The psMoLE Application" with a completely copy of the following form.

1. Character Name
2. Valid E-mail Address (This will be used to contact you throughout the game.)
3. Location (Optional)

If you become a finalist, more data will be requested through e-mail. The game will begin approximately one week after all players have been selected. Thank you for your time, and I hope that I receive a lot of good applications.

Ian D
Jul 13, 2002, 04:28 PM
Hey I remember this...

Kent
Jul 14, 2002, 02:09 AM
Sounds like a corny TV show...

I bet some of the "contestants" chosen will quit out of sheer boredom before the damn thing is over.

vidkid7
Jul 14, 2002, 12:41 PM
I've never had that problem before... theres always something going on in this game, whether it's direct or not. How much of it is uncovered and put to use is up to the players. If you're saying it's going to be that boring, you probably haven't seen one of the old psMoLE update threads here, maybe you should wait and see whats gonna happen before you mention boredom.

Shadow_Blade
Jul 14, 2002, 11:32 PM
I'd do it but...im busy that day...and the next...and the day after...*cough*

Sedyne
Jul 15, 2002, 05:16 PM
lammmeeeeee. Who needs a million meseta when you can just ask a 10 friends to lend u 100,000 meseta and be full? almost eveyone ine this game now has max meseta

vidkid7
Jul 15, 2002, 07:04 PM
Quoted from first message:

I know that up to one million meseta isn't exactly the best prize, but thats why I encourage people to join for the fun of playing PSO from a new perspective, instead of just worrying about the goal.

The point of this game isnt to win a prize, its to play PSO in a different way. The meseta is just there as a gauging point to how well the team has done together in the game.

If you want to flame me or tell me how lame it is, at least read the post first so I'll have something to argue against.

Six of the received applications have been accepted thus far, four more and we'll be ready to play.

vidkid7
Jul 17, 2002, 01:56 PM
We're almost ready to begin, we just need a few more acceptable applications. Anyone else interested?

rena-ko
Jul 18, 2002, 08:27 AM
is PK one of the dirty tricks you have to avoid? (i'm just curious ^_^)

vidkid7
Jul 18, 2002, 02:31 PM
Cheating will not be accepted in any form or fashion. So... yeah, PK is bad.

Shrevn
Jul 19, 2002, 10:12 AM
Such stupid people...
I was a member of the last one, and althoug it didnt finish i enjoyed it a lil. Plus i didnt get kicked out!!!
Didnt your mother ever teach you people
"If you aint got nothing nice to say then dont say nothing"

vidkid7
Jul 19, 2002, 11:35 AM
Thanks wobba.

Although The psMoLE II didn't finish, it was shaping up the be the best run of the series. For anyone wondering WHY it didn't finish... my Dreamcast chose to turn belly up at that time.

Fortunately, this time I have a working DC, and a spare....

vidkid7
Jul 20, 2002, 07:57 PM
I have ten accepted applicants, seven of which have confirmed. The remaining three will be given another day or two to respond to their confirmation e-mail, then if they have still failed to respond, I will move on to another three applications.

So... yeah, keep 'em coming.