PDA

View Full Version : XBox: XBox ever receive updates?

xenoranger
Feb 6, 2005, 11:00 AM
To be honest, I haven't seen any difference between the XBox version and NGC. A friend was online telling me that they added a ton of items and stuff that wasn't there before, but to be honest, it just seems like I'm paying the monthly just for a lobby.

Am I missing something? I mean, the lobby is redecorated for the season, but after owning Christmas NiGHTS, I'm not that impressed. (NOTE: Christmas NiGHTS redecorated the game for various holidays.. just an FYI if you haven't played it)

I mean... I enjoy online play with XBL, but only 1 downloadable quest? PLEASE....

There has to be something that's actually merited for the online fee?

(*grumbles)
stinkin' Japanese developers don't give the XBox much love. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Fanta
Feb 6, 2005, 11:19 AM
If you look at other topics it does mention some things going on with the Xbox, not sure what though...

xenoranger
Feb 6, 2005, 11:25 AM
Yeah.... I thought I'd just get a quick and dirty from someone, rather than having to do the research.

Sorry if this is a Noob question that gets asked all the time.

Fanta
Feb 6, 2005, 11:27 AM
Ill have a look. I am interested myself, so no worries...

xenoranger
Feb 6, 2005, 11:36 AM
I was looking through it... it seems there's a rumor that PSO won't be fee based after Feb 11,2005. We'll see on that.

Also...
Eveyone just didn't seem to understand how to set up the XBox version.

NE Rate... I'm mostly looking to find out what updates are available. I just want to know what/if anything's realy different b/c I've read that a lot of stuff developed for NGC never hit the Box.

Sitka
Feb 6, 2005, 07:51 PM
There are things that cube and bb will get that xbox will never get - most of us just deal with it.

Your xbox live fee covers your Halo, Battlefront and dozens of other live games in addition to PSO, which then also charges you a HL fee. For that, you get many online quests that you cannot do offline, you get special/seasonal quests with access to special mag cells and such, you get challenge mode - arguably the best thing about online play and when you combine that with live voice chat, you got enough reasons for many of us to stick with xbox PSO.

Challenge mode, battle mode, PW's, Respective Tomorrow, TTF, Seat of the Heart, Gallon's Shop, Seasonal rappies, hooking up with friends, live chat:
works for me.

Akemi
Feb 8, 2005, 12:37 AM
Unknown if XBOX versions receives regular patches, but this seems very unlikely.

However, XBOX users do get the Online quests for EP1 and EP2 (Phantasmal World, for example), but few months later than the Gamecube versions. Oddly, the XBOX has not yet seen PW III, though PWI, II and IV has all been uploaded to the XBOX servers.

There are console specific quests as well, XBOX has not yet seen Pioneer Warehouse quest whereas GC players will not get the quests that involves the headset for obvious reasons.

So, the real loss for XBOX players, for the most part, is waiting for the quests to catch up.

Event based quests, however, seems to be uploaded on time or with about a week delay at most.