PDA

View Full Version : What the ______ is luck for?

xenoranger
Feb 6, 2005, 11:12 AM
It's been driving me nuts. I have a God/Luck and my luck is at .... 8 ... I think.

(48 w/ the God/Luck)

N E Rate....
So I'm told Luck is supposed to increase the Rare Finds, but since I've had it on, I haven't seen any rares anymore often. A friend of mind equips like 2-3 God/Lucks when he's rare hunting, but between him with his and me with mine, I still don't see a difference.

Some one wanna clue me in on what the benefits are of having Luck? Does it increase the success of Megid or have other practical battle applications?

I mean really?
Please, someone.

VioletSkye
Feb 6, 2005, 11:13 AM
luck only affects critical hits.

xenoranger
Feb 6, 2005, 11:15 AM
Only criticals... that's a rip. anyone want a God/Luck?

My angel has it at the moment... so, oh well.

VioletSkye
Feb 6, 2005, 11:17 AM
BTW i forgot to mention...Welcome to PSOW http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sayara
Feb 6, 2005, 11:17 AM
Dont dismiss Luck just yet now. Being able to get critical hits is a really awsome thing. Its extremely good when you can crit on a Hard hit.

Maybe thats just my opinion.

xenoranger
Feb 6, 2005, 11:23 AM
I probably sound like a noob with a Lvl 70 FOmarl, but I fail to understand how Luck affects attach and support spells. I normally play as a support character, so like I said... I probably just sound like a noob.

BTW...
Section ID: VIRIDIA
Class: FOmarl
Weapon: Cadecus
Slots:
God/Mind
God/HP
God/Luck
God/Technique
Mag: Angel Wings

In Bank:
God/Mind (I have 4)
God/Defense

Any suggestions on how Luck would really benefit me?

Sayara
Feb 6, 2005, 11:35 AM
Well, Luck effects you making actual contact with your opponent.

So if you attacked using your caduces (like normal attack) your luck will determaine if you do a critical hit. Think like any RPG, on occassions your character hits a Critical Hit.

PSO is the same way.

Now techs on the other hand, don't get a critical hit. For they do the same damamge on a monster always.

xenoranger
Feb 6, 2005, 11:38 AM
Yeah... so if luck doesn't affect my techniques (for instance... I have level 30 megid, and still miss a lot...playing Very Hard)...I really don't see much point in keeping a God/Luck equipped and I might go back to the old 2 God/Minds instead of a God/Luck.

Sayara
Feb 6, 2005, 11:39 AM
If you want to go up and smack things with your weapons then Luck would be better,

Luck really wont do much for you as a techinuqe user.

xenoranger
Feb 6, 2005, 11:46 AM
Well... the first mistake I find people make in playing is that they feel force users are attack characters. I find that in a good defense, you want to have a Hunter with a frontal assault, a ranger guarding the force, and a force healing/supporting the Hunter & Ranger. It's only at the higher levels that Force attacks really have much effectiveness,but by the time you get to ultimate, levels and stats are more achedemic. You see minor differences between people past Lvl 100.

Time to fess up... my Angel Wings is 1307... so I'm not exactly legit either. But I spend most of my time playing to help new users. (Though... all the rares Ihave are legit).

N E rate... I guess as Forces go... luck isn't a big deal if you're more of a spell caster than a fighter.

Sayara
Feb 6, 2005, 12:17 PM
Well your team is an alleged "dream team" you could say.

And in anycase. If you want to Tech then dont care for Luck
But if you intend to Melee (Fomarl can melee somewhat decent, minus her bad animations >imo talking<) then Luck is the way to go.

xenoranger
Feb 6, 2005, 12:41 PM
No commend on the fact that I'm not legit?

That's a surprise.
Though... on XBL, almost everyone has hacked something.

EJ
Feb 6, 2005, 08:53 PM
But the god/luck still is useful for FOs that are well balance that know when to melee and when to just support in order for the team to get through faster. But just my two cents.

Sitka
Feb 6, 2005, 09:04 PM
xenoranger:

Don't be so quick to overgeneralize that "everyone on xbox plays with hacks."

Many, many of us play legit.

The folks you've been running with use hacks and since you use them, you fit in. Are you playing on Apatite or the new Apatite (Dav 10)?

Try playing with weapons/items/units you have actually found or earned (s-rank). Once you start playing with a good community, you'll find the game becomes much more enjoyable.

Nothing personal, but I don't appreciate over-generalizations that tend to be universally critical of the xbox community.

Deuce
Feb 6, 2005, 10:25 PM
Epdote is the true legit hidaway, but there are never more than 20 users on there. I play apatite because of the amount of games, but I still play legit.

digigram
Feb 7, 2005, 11:10 AM
I find it strange that you don't have one ultimate character though, and you still say that all of the items you have are legit. (minus mag)

The majority of what you're using, short of god/body and one other one I think, can only be found in ultimate/Vhard off specific ID's and rare enemies. Viridia not being one of them.

I don't care if you use hacks/dupes (none of my business). Please don't claim they're legit though.

Sitka
Feb 7, 2005, 11:35 AM
Level 30 tech discs, especially Megid and Grants, are very, very difficult to come by.

If you're splashing lvl 30 Megid around with your 4 God Minds and Cadeceus, you're definitely not legit - regardless of your mag.

As Digi said, that's your business. No problems. Just try to understand that those of us who have played thousands of hours to obtain our weps/items/discs etc have a pretty high standard about the term "legit."

I think almost all of us have dabbled with hacks and stacking tricks and other glitches at one time or another - and then decided that wasn't the best way to get the most out of the game. We all learn in our own ways. That's our business.

So play the way you like. Just understand, that "legit" means 100% legit to the legit community and that means finding or earning everything you use.

As for the "Luck" issue, I save every last luck material I find and I'm still looking. Most of my characters have every stat max fed according to the charts except the luck stat. I find it oh so good for my hunters and rangers - much less so for my forces the way that I play them.

Cheers.

Garm
Feb 7, 2005, 12:58 PM
On 2005-02-07 08:35, Sitka wrote:
your 4 God Minds and Cadeceus, you're definitely not legit - regardless of your mag.

Lvl 30 megid is hard to get indeed, but god/mind and caduceus? I have had over 20 legit god/minds (Who doesn't love vhard nar lillys XP) and caduceus has a really low drop rate, both on vhard. Use God/ability for luck, one of those gives 20 and also other stats.

Luis
Feb 7, 2005, 01:33 PM
one thing to be cleared, if you are using a lvl>200 mag i belive the game is going to drop everything but rares boxes even Photon Drops, i am 100% not sure about it but i also belive that since your mag lvl is > 200 the game got a problem calculating the rares drop rates and all became 0% of chance to get any red box. that one reason i am a 100% legit player

AND PROUD OF IT!

Sitka
Feb 7, 2005, 02:49 PM
Garm,

If you read his post, he's a level 70 Fomarl with at least 9 God units, a Cadeceus and lvl 30 techs.

Not legit - not even close.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-02-07 11:54 ]</font>

Garm
Feb 7, 2005, 04:01 PM
I read his posts but I said that most god units are far from being rare in vhard since nar lillys pop-up everywhere: 87.5% + hog skills + loads of ttf = easy god units. Still no guarantee to be legit ofcource, but getting them is easy, very easy.

digigram
Feb 7, 2005, 04:24 PM
yet, there is still a lack of reason for stating that it is easy...

My point was, the level 70 FO has a viridia. viridia in VH can only get one type of god unit, one that the level 70 FO doesn't have.

In conclusion.
upwards in number of 10+ god units (none of which can be had by viridia in VH), caduceus, level 30 disks, must I go on..

Most people think that if they have a level 200 mag and 100% weapons with all the "legit" (god/hp) type units, then they are legit.. which totally isn't the case.

Again, not that I give a shit if you play legit or not. would just like to make it clear to whomever thinks they are playing legitimately with 4 god/units, an ULT weapon (under the circumstances), and not be in ultimate offline or on, that unless you're OTHER ultimate characters that have spent more than 500 hours of time playing the game had given those units to your new character...

that isn't legit.. it is called using dupes.

Garm
Feb 7, 2005, 04:35 PM
On 2005-02-07 13:24, digigram wrote:
My point was, the level 70 FO has a viridia. viridia in VH can only get one type of god unit, one that the level 70 FO doesn't have.

If he's online it's still easy to get god units, unless your stupid enough to only play on your own ID, wich I hope he ain't. And since he doesn't have 'his own god unit' he must play in other ID's or have no luck at all...

This is very off topic btw >.>

Oh, the only god units worth duping/hacking/whatever are battle, tech and ability, others are too easy to find.

Sitka
Feb 7, 2005, 04:36 PM
Ole!

And Garm, I have to disagree with you on the "very easy" ability to get God units and weapons like Cadeceus.

Doable - yes. Very easy - no.

p.s. He "fessed up" once. Maybe he'll "fess up" a bit more. As both Digi and I have also stated - WE DON'T CARE IF HE USES DUPES IF THAT'S HOW HE WANTS TO PLAY - IT'S OKAY - just don't call it legit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-02-07 13:39 ]</font>

Garm
Feb 7, 2005, 04:40 PM
Nar Lily: Devil/Battle Hero/Ability God/HP Cure/Confuse God/Mind God/Mind God/Body HP/Revival Cure/Confuse Perfect/Resist

So Dimenian: Inferno Bazooka Wals MK2 Last Survivor Caduceus Inferno Bazooka Caduceus Inferno Bazooka Inferno Bazooka Caduceus Caduceus

All vhard drop rates 87.5% for nar drops and 1/366 for the caduceus'. That is very easy Compared to most drops IMO.

Sitka
Feb 7, 2005, 05:04 PM
Well Garm, we're definitely off-topic at this point so I'll make this my last point.

Nar Lily's are not difficult to pipe - agreed. Do they show up all the time, not for me - maybe your luck is better than mine. I still get pretty damn excited when I see ANY rare creature and most of the time the red box never drops - but that is just my luck.

As far Nar's, okay you can get God HPs, God Minds, and God Bodys (not God Defense), but God Luck and God Technique? And five God Minds + HP/Luck/Tech by level 70?

Point is moot anyway because he can play it the way he wants.

Original post had to do with the stat "Luck" and no it does not increase your chances of finding rares, but it does increase your chances of getting criticals which is a very good thing for most characters.