PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Legit vs Hack

xenoranger
Feb 6, 2005, 11:54 AM
OK... so I have a hacked Mag (Angel Wings Lvl: 1307)

To be honest, I understand that the chances of finding rares goes down quite a bit when you're hacked (I've found some rares while questing by myself, so I know it's not impossible.) The questions is... is there any real benefit to being legit? I know people will probably frown on me for not playing legit, but truth is, I spend most of my time helping lvl 1 players through TTF and other level building experiences, so It's not like I'm just out to get all the hits for myself. Besides... with stat caps, to my understanding, there will come a tiem where I have to drop my mag to build any stats.

Thoughts.... comments?

jnblz316
Feb 6, 2005, 03:54 PM
when the gc version first came out i was nieve new commer to the PSO universe. so i played for about 3 monthst offline and i was loving it. then it happened, i went online and i was sucked into the unlegit community. i had 100% hit weapons,hacked mags,etc. then i got board within 3 months of being online. so i decided to go legit and i'm still playing pso till this day (PSOBB ^_^ ). i left the gc version due to how bad it got with the cheating and hacking. so i decided to get the xbox version (raised 4 level 100 characters) and it just went completely insane with the cheating and hacking too (also the headset feature was getting annoying lol). so i almost gave up on pso and i never wanted to but the cheating and hacking was driving me to other games. then PSOBB came out and heard about ST finally got it right about cheating and hacking. so now i'm playing there with other legits and i'm loving it. the moral of the story is:
if you don't go out there and earn your rares,raise your own mag,see what stats your character should max out,etc. your just hurting yourself.

Rukuss2k
Feb 6, 2005, 11:12 PM
[quote] had 100% hit weapons,hacked mags,etc. then i got board within 3 months of being online.

I totally agree. Back on GC and DC i used some hacked items and dupes and it got very boring. Whats the point of playing if you already have the best stuff/stats in the game?

Najiril
Feb 27, 2005, 12:58 AM
Whats the point of playing if you already have the best stuff/stats in the game?

I hear that! I think the entire fun in a game like pso is in the anticipation of rare items and higher levels, And then once you get bored with one character, make another and if you get bored with that one, make another, and when you run out of character slots, Go back to one of your old ones. The fun just doesn't last with hacked characters, Because you already have every thing, and once you make another character, its pretty much useless unless you making a different class.