PDA

View Full Version : best sword for skyly

Deuce
Feb 6, 2005, 10:53 PM
Ultimate Gi Gou in Skyly Control Center. Start doing runs now, and you MIGHT get one by the end of the year.

Silencher
Feb 6, 2005, 10:53 PM
What is the best sword for Skyly humar?

How do you get it? (don't post about the dark flow, since it's ungettable)

Also, how do you get the sealed j-sword? If its a drop from an enemy, where is that enemy located?

Hrith
Feb 6, 2005, 11:02 PM
Chain Sawd, Red Sword or the elusive Zanba (it is suggested to hun Zanba after the others).

Or simply a Dragon Slayer with hit%.

SJS is so not worth it, trust me.

PJ
Feb 6, 2005, 11:34 PM
On 2005-02-06 20:02, Kef wrote:
SJS is so not worth it, trust me.

But it's so very cool! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

...I'll never find one though http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Anyways, I like Chainsawd for it's Gush ability, and the Zanba will do a lot of damage with it's Berserk ability. Yay opposites http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Neith
Feb 7, 2005, 06:21 AM
Red Sword. Not too difficult to find, unlike the Sealed-J. Believe me, its not worth searching..Ive tried myself, lol. Go with the Red Sword, do Addicting Food runs if you're offline. Up to 715ATP when grinded, quite nice really http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sitka
Feb 7, 2005, 10:57 AM
Take it from a lvl 199 Skyly - the sealed J-sword is not worth it.

It's not worth the 1000+ Gi-Gues I've killed looking for it.

It's not worth the cussing my kids endured every time those damn oversized mosquitoes dropped a photon drop.

Two nights ago an old friend dropped in on a Skyly caves run with me. Hadn't played in 8 months. Red box drops within two minutes - he picks it up. "Hey, a sword."

"You, my friend, now own a Chain Sawd."

"Can I keep it?"

"Of course you can. Any percents on it?"

"It's got 45% to hit and 40% to dark and 25% to machine"

"Holy Shit - uh....maybe we can make a deal"

Chain Sawds are nice finds as are the Red Swords. Haven't been able to land myself a Zanba yet, though Donoph keeps dropping his - why can't I pick it up? Oh yeah, we're not in DC anymore.

Hrith
Feb 7, 2005, 03:21 PM
On 2005-02-07 03:21, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Up to 715ATP when grinded, quite nice really http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifMore like 609 ATP, which makes Chain Sawd and Zanba better; good special > 50 damage.

RadiantLegend
Feb 7, 2005, 03:50 PM
Flowen's 3084...err wrong thread.

Zanba. >.> i never said i didn't like it.

Neith
Feb 8, 2005, 07:01 AM
In the PSOW item database, it says the Red Sword varies between 400-611ATP, then it grinds to 52. Makes a maximum of 715ATP,unless im reading the guides wrong :S

hyperacute
Feb 8, 2005, 07:07 AM
I used Chain Sawd for absolutely ages on my Skyly HU (R.I.P) as it's a fairly easy Caves drop and has reasonable ATP. The other bonus to lots of Skyly Caves runs is there's a decent chance you'll pick up a Red Sword off a Govulmer as well. If you need one with hit % (and, let's face it, we all would!) just get to the point where you can do Caves runs in your sleep...!

Hrith
Feb 8, 2005, 09:10 AM
On 2005-02-08 04:01, UrikoBB3 wrote:
In the PSOW item database, it says the Red Sword varies between 400-611ATP, then it grinds to 52. Makes a maximum of 715ATP,unless im reading the guides wrong :S
You are.

611 - 400 = 211
211 / 2 = 105.5 --> 105, figures are rounded down in PSO
400 + 52 x 2 = 504
504 + 105 = 609 = Average ATP of Red Sword.

So on average it deals 50 more damage than Chain Sawd, but looks incredibly ugly and has a crappy special.

KveerRaven
Feb 8, 2005, 10:04 AM
Oh yeah, definitely Chain Sawd. Just got one with some awesome percents, not as good as the one Sitka's friend found, but pretty decent. As for Red Sword, yeah, ugly, special sucks, but still a god decent sword unless you have an S-Rank Sword or a good Chain Sawd, better yet, Zanba.

Neith
Feb 8, 2005, 10:22 AM
Right, think I understand u there Kef, but if you found a Red Sword with max ATP, could you in theory get one with 715ATP? I meant max ATP, not average. As for the Red Sword's looks, it couldnt have really looked any different. It is afterall, a prototype. The only thing they should have done is made it the same width as a standard sword, it is a bit too wide. I will admit however that the Special Attack on it sucks. I tend to switch between the RS and the Chain Sawd, depending on where I'm going.

DezoPenguin
Feb 8, 2005, 10:45 AM
On 2005-02-08 07:22, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Right, think I understand u there Kef, but if you found a Red Sword with max ATP, could you in theory get one with 715ATP? I meant max ATP, not average. As for the Red Sword's looks, it couldnt have really looked any different. It is afterall, a prototype. The only thing they should have done is made it the same width as a standard sword, it is a bit too wide. I will admit however that the Special Attack on it sucks. I tend to switch between the RS and the Chain Sawd, depending on where I'm going.

You're misreading how variable ATP works; it's not like armor and shields.

With armor and shields, each "found" item has a random DFP and EVP from the possible range, and once found that number is forever fixed. Don't like it? Go get a new one with better numbers.

Weapons, however, always display the maximum amount (so if you look at your stats, it always looks like you're at the maximum end of the range). However, for every single attack, a random number from within that range is generated. That is, one attack with the Red Sword might hit with 611 ATP, and the next swing in the combo with 400.

So, yes, on any given swing, you could be hitting with up to 715 ATP's worth of damage...but you could also be hitting down at the butt end of the range just as easily. Thus, Kef is right. The average ATP per swing of the Red Sword is only marginally better than the average ATP of the Chain Sawd's swing, but the Chain Sawd's unreduced Gush special is way, way better (especially if you're a hunterbot).

Plus, it looks cooler, but we're talking stats, not style. ^_^

Garm
Feb 8, 2005, 11:39 AM
Soul Calibur and Heart Breaker > Zanba/RS/Chain Sawd/all others. Period XP. Stats: Zanba and Chain Sawd.

RadiantLegend
Feb 8, 2005, 12:09 PM
My bro has a soul calibur +2 with 30 hit ....

Neith
Feb 8, 2005, 12:58 PM
Ah, right, lol, thought it was funny how my RS, AUW3084 Flowens and Chain Sawd all had max attack power >_<. That would explain why my damage with the RS varies so much. I just assumed weapons were like Armour for their stats. Sorry for the confusion ppl.

lain2k3
Feb 8, 2005, 08:48 PM
I am amazed at the levels of intelligence, coherency, and acceptance in this thread.

this place has really changed since i was last here.

O_o

Sitka
Feb 9, 2005, 02:17 AM
Good to see you on again lain.

And .... uh..... did you read the posts on PSO4?

Things have improved, but occasionally they take a step back.

Welcome back.

Zahir
Feb 10, 2005, 12:06 PM
sheesh,and I had thought the Dragonslayer was more powerful... Oh well (Starts searching for the Zanba sword)!